Who Is Your Favorite Transformer?

Rodimus Primal

I think the board needs a little breath of fresh air and needs to be posted at more. So I figured to come up with old topics of discussion again since we do have a newer roster of people posting here.

Anyway, who is your favorite Transformer and why? Mine has always been Rodimus Prime. He wasn't the perfect Autobot leader, and his story always inspired me as a manager at work. Not to mention that his design is cool looking.

Asking this is like asking a mum which one's her favourite child :o:P

But seriously...

Character wise I think G1 Grimlock and G1 Starscream share 1st place. But I bet I'm not alone in that. G1 Soundwave's character is also very cool.

Toy wise, G1 Soundwave and Predaking are my absolute favourites. They look cool and are actually very poseable (unlike most of G1).

I pretty much like any character from Generation 1, for at least the first 2 seasons. I liked a lot of the movie introduced characters as well, just not as much.

My favorite is Wheeljack, by far. It was his Italian accent, his blinking head lights (no seriously, HEAD lights) and just his awesome Italian race car design (the Lancia Stratos, really surprised they used this car). He had a cool name and an even cooler character so I eventually bought the toy (though a bit disappointed since it really didn't look too much like him) and have bought anything wheeljack I've seen since then.

After that it's all up for grabs. Jazz may probably take second place as he was one of my first transformer figures (believe it or not Metroplex was my first!) and was just an awesome cartoon personality (voiced by none other than Hong Kong Phooey!). He was one of the very few to survive the movie and is a really kick ass toy.

Megatron, Prime, Soundwave, Starscream, Ironhide, etc.... all follow close behind.

After G1 (and well G2 since it was the same thing) I haven't cared for characters except for maybe Beast Wars. Both G1 and BW are a hell of a lot better than RiD, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron.

I wonder if there will ever be brand new transformers show that doesn't suck.

Mirage. He was one of the first TF's I had gotten. My mom gave him to me on my birthday. He's my fav color plus he has an awesome alt and bot mode.

I think the board needs a little breath of fresh air and needs to be posted at more. So I figured to come up with old topics of discussion again since we do have a newer roster of people posting here.

Anyway, who is your favorite Transformer and why? Mine has always been Rodimus Prime. He wasn't the perfect Autobot leader, and his story always inspired me as a manager at work. Not to mention that his design is cool looking.

Hm... probably Rhinox from Beast Wars. I just think he'd be a great leader, and like me, is a big guy, but likes firepower. :D

I just think he was an awesome character. Also soundwave, cause it seems like he could kick some major ass...

G1 Starscream bar none, because as a little kid I never had the toy, I loved the way he would always betray Megatron and tried to trake control of the Decepticons, and also liked his color scheme.

G1 Soundwave comes second.

My favorite Bot is G1 Smokescreen. Even though he wasn't it in a lot of episodes I loved his paint scheme.

Soundwave, for several reasons. The voice is just too cool, and he's a big TF, at least in G1 terms. He was also very well articulated for a G1 TF. The fact that his underlings fit into his chest was cool, and I liked that he turned into something life-sized. I still like him today.

Starscream comes in at second for the Decepticons, but more for his character than the toy, although I always did like it regardless of it's limited articulation. Prowl and Grimlock are probably my favourite autobots, and it's too bad they screwed up Prowl's Alternator version so badly when it could have been perfect...

That's a tough question. I'm going to say Slag because I'm a huge fan of all five original Dinobots and I like him best. I still own both my loose G1 Slag from my childhood and a sealed G2 green Slag so he's definitely a special toy to me. His anti-social personality combined with the ability to shoot 3000 degrees Celsius flames from his mouth are big factors that add to his appeal.

It's also easy to forget how unique the red Energo sword was in 1985. Those accessories helped boost the Dinobots popularity a great deal. On a subsconscious level, the use of Slag as a curse word in Beast Wars probably increased Slag's status in my mind as well. ^_^

OmegaHarbinger

I had a few.... Wheeljack, Bumblebee (I think they were the most loveable!!), Arcee (she's the 1st COOL girl that actually got to be in most of the stories and did awesome stuff), Grimlock (HILARIOUS!!!), and now in Energon I like Cliffjumper and Downshift... :D In Beast Wars I liked Dinobot and Black Arachnia!! :P

They were oldies but goodies, but the headmasters line was one of the best I ever owned. C'mon whats not to like about nifty little figures becoming Transformers heads? @loll@

For me it was always a tie between Optimus Prime and Hot Rod. (Interesting considering their relationship and respective roles, huh.)

Optimus was always the definitive hero in my mind; even for a robot, here was this character that seemed like a father, older brother, grandfather, cool uncle, hero general, and Superman all rolled into one. (lol) And he was a transforming robot no less! And it truly warped my childhood mind to see him "die" in the movie. First of all, how could a robot die? That just totally blew my mind and fascinated me all at the same time. He is the quintessential hero to me, and I think Peter Cullen had a whole lot to do with that. But anyway...

I always liked Hot Rod too because, well...even before I saw him in the movie, I instantly loved his design. A futuristic hot rod car mode with a flame-job? Awesome! Then when I saw him in the movie, I felt as if I could relate to him, as if that's what it would have been like had I been in the world of Transformers, this young, brash, inexperienced, naive, and idealistic "kid" if you will that's just reacting to all of the cool stuff around him. I could identify with the character somehow.

Myself, I'm like Devil Bat, in that my favorite character has always been Optimus Prime. This goes for all toy lines-the Prime or Primal figure has always been the guy for me. Again, like Devil Bat, Optimus(more specifically, G1 Prime)"was always the definitive hero in my mind; even for a robot, here was this character that seemed like a father, older brother, grandfather, cool uncle, hero general, and Superman all rolled into one", ultimately creating for me, "the quintessential hero".

Another factor for me was the blind optimism and idealism of my childhood. As a young tike, there was no way that evil could beat good...even in the long run with my battles involving toys, no matter the toy line, no matter how prolonged or drawn out or even ridiculous sounding the outcome could be, the good guys would always beat out the bad guys. As a child, Optimus always embodied that "never say die, always do the right thing no matter what" attitude that allowed him to become the most prized of all the characters.

Many thanks go to Devil Bat for the words that I swiped from him.