What Was The

synch

The purple Seaspray I can't remember or find, but there was a metallic green one. That would have been G2 Seaspray.

In the early 90s, some G1-characters were re-issued as "Transformers: Generation 2". Until then, "Generation 1" was simply known as "The Transformers".

"Generation 2" usually meant removal of all diecast, funky neon-colours, addition of mostly fugly decals, no more rubsigns and sometimes sound/light effects.

Most minibots were re-issued in metallic/sparkly colours while the Dinobots went all coloury on us (blue Grimlock, green(?) Slag etc.).

G2 also brought some new characters and molds, such as an entirely new Megatron (green tank) and Prime (who's G2-mold was later used in RiD for Scourge).

But I'm prolly telling you things now that you already knew :P

There is in fact a vac-metal purple G1 Seaspray. I just saw it myself for the first time yesterday. The owner of bigislandtoys.comn had it. I couldn't find it on the site, but if you emailed him he may be able to provide some pics.

I can explain this. G2 seaspray has chrome blue. However, because blue can change to purple, depending on how long it sits in the sun and such, some will be purple. Like how some transmetal megatron and primal are purple, and how my blue chromed tb megaman ended up being purple. Chemical reaction.

NO, I'm talkn about how the paint would mix or what not & hence the color change for some toys that were not suppose to be in that color

I'm just looking for a more detailed explination on it really..

"Generation 2"  usually meant removal of all diecast, funky neon-colours, addition of mostly fugly decals, no more rubsigns and sometimes sound/light effects.

Most minibots were re-issued in metallic/sparkly colours while the Dinobots went all coloury on us (blue Grimlock, green(?) Slag etc.).

That's not 100% accurate. My sealed Transformers collection mostly consists of items from the early nineties so I'm very familiar with G2 packaging. The 3 Dinobots, 3 large Autobot cars (such as Sideswipe), and 2 large Decepticon jets (like Ramjet) each contained die cast parts.

The Dinobots did indeed adopt new color schemes but I believe the first G2 toys remained silver. Afterwards, Grimlock was blue, Slag was green, and Snarl was red. Lastly, Grimlock became turquoise, Slag switched to red, and Snarl made the transition to green. This set happens to be the rarest of them all. In fact, I can't find MISB pics of them anywhere.

OmegaHarbinger

NO, I'm talkn about how the paint would mix or what not & hence  the color change for some toys that were not suppose to be in that color

I'm just looking for a more detailed explination on it really..

Like the blue/purple seaspray

As said before that type of chrome paint is weird. I read about this years ago, where the blue used on toys would change to purple if it hits sunlight, hence why some chrome blue toys are purple.