Levit05 Custom's Battle Armor Thor

levit05

Hey guys thanks once again for coming into my thread…up for show and on EBAY…is Battle Armor Thor… I KNOW….I KNOW….some of you know how much I could care less for any of the Avenger type characters but I saw this Bust about two weeks ago and totally fell in love with it….once I saw it its like I had to make him….it wasn’t till I was done that I decided to sell him since he didn’t fit into my collection….but I was amazed out how clear he came out…(I know I can’t take pics but soon I will have a couple of these customs I made and send them to ActorJez hopefully he will present them better then I can)….but anyways….i used my only Omega red to make this custom….well atleast his hands and his head….the rest is pretty much ML 5 Colossus…but here is the Recipe….

Head- ML Omega Red

Torso- ML Colossus

Arms- ML Colossus ( left one was shaved down)

Legs- ML Colossus

Knee Pads- ML Thor

Cape- LOTR Elrond

battlearmorthor9.jpg

OK…here is how this one went down….I first started with the head….I removed OR’s hair and shaved down the thing that held his pony tail up….once it was smooth i sculpted the beard … Mind you, this is one of those jobs where you have to wait for this stuff to dry before you can go anywhere with this….so I added the beard and then waited it for it to dry…Once that was done, I added the chain mail thing around his head from a LOTR figure….it was heated and molded to fit the head….as I finished that… I proceeded to sculpt the helmet….i only sculpted the helmet part...not including the pointy thing on top of the helmet or the thing over his eyes….those where actually the last things to be added on since they looked like they went over the helmet and they came out more….when all this was done I added the wings last….

battlearmorthor8.jpg

battlearmorthor3.jpg

I hope that by seeing these pics (even though they are horribly taken) will show atleast some of the work…I need to take some picture taking lessons from Double Dealer….ActorJez….Jin Saotome…..Glorbes…SHYT..pretty much everyone….lol….but that’s how the breakdown of the head took place….

When making some of these customs….i have actually learned that keeping or adding more articulation is not always the best thing to do….so in this case I actually got rid of the mid torso articulation to colossus…first I glued to the posture I wanted it to be at and then I sculpted the armor scales in…..NOW these weren’t done by hand at all… I would go crazy!!!! Nope no surry….i used my own patented “stamp�….really all it was was a LOTR figure that had the scale armor….i think it was Eowyn’s brother….i forgot his name…but yeah his armor was used as the “scale Stamp� for this….this was also done in layer but I’m sure it could have been done all at once…I just wanted to make sure it came out decent looking…..so I first did the cheast and the top part of the back….once this was done I did the abs and the sides…sculpting over the ab joint…..take a look…

battlearmorthor4.jpg

battlearmorthor2.jpg

battlearmorthor10.jpg

Now moving to the arms…this you might think would be the easiest but these suckers took most of my time on this project…the reason was that I had to wait for the shoulder to dry…. and then I had to sculpt over the scales….and once that was done I had to make sure that I had enough room to fit the arms back into the arm sockets…which at first I couldn’t….

battlearmorthor.jpg

so yeah pretty much after this was done it was just getting the bottom part done and then the cape….so what I did for the bottom part of the armor….i cut and added the foam paper thing around his waist….i didn’t like the surface and had now remembered why I had stopped using this material…but that’s when it struck me….why not use vinyl tape to smooth out the surface….WOW…this was definitely an ACTOR JEZ idea that kicked me in the arse at this point…so once I added it…crazy glued it and then sculpted the outer layer it was a really nice looking thing….i was sooOOO excited that it had worked that I used the vinyl idea again on his legs….his lower legs….as you can see his legs have lines…this was used wrapping vinyl tape tight around his legs…which created line folds….and since it was straight edges….it looked like armor…..BRILLIANT AJ….thanks for that one…..so one all that was done I moved to his cape….which was rather easy….glued it on….sculpted the front part of the cape aswell as the pins…and voila!!!….instant BATTLE ARMOR THOR!!!

battlearmorthor2back.jpg

battlearmorthor2back2.jpg

battlearmorthor11.jpg

Ok guys Please let me know if this is comic accurate…I couldn’t find any good reference pics except some pic of him raising his hammer…which I think is the same pic that Bowen used to ref their Bust….but please do not crucify me if there is something missing as I said before I don’t know this Thor in this costume….i just love the design and I tried to emulate it….i especially love the Worn battle armor look….but that’s just my taste….let me know what you guys think and maybe give me some more hints as to where I can improve on…love to take critiques….so let me have it!! Thanks again guys!!!!

• 3 months later...