Just When You Thought.....

madman1366

Man, I was watching Cybertron earlier and they had on Mudflap for the first time. If you didn't catch it, and thought the other accents were bad then you're REALLY gonna love Mudflap!

He's frickin Pepe' Lepu! #WTF# I kid you not!

I'm afraid to find out what they're going to do to poor Soundwave!

Now I don't know if they're going for a more international appeal here or what but it just sounds stuuuuuuupid. It's a shame too, because if the voices didn't sound so damn goofy then I think the show would actually be pretty good.

pepe lepu eh lol man that must sound horrible :P

They should make Soundwave sound Canadian

"what aboot the autobots eh?

just accept it now.. Soundwave isn't going to sound cool, at the best he'll have a regular voice. Im not getting my hopes up for anything, and expecting him to sound like the other regular autbots.

Mudflap does not sound like "Pepe Le Pew". He has a mild French/Cajun accent.

As for Soundwave, I have no idea what he'll sound like in Cybertron, but the clip I watched from his upcoming Galaxy Force debut has a G1-ish reverb going on. :)

I don't know why everybody keeps bitching about the accents. Yes, they're alien robots. No, there's no reason they should have human accents.

However, they ARE sentient beings, and just maybe, they decided they -liked- those particular accents, and adjusted their voice synthesizers to mimic them.

All-in-all, it really doesn't matter, and has no bearing on the story. At worst, they sound a little goofy until you're used to them. I think it just adds to their characters. Unlike Armada and Energon, these bots actually have individual personalities, just like G1--and I don't recall reading about any of you whining about any of the G1 bots' human accents.

It's also interesting that the voices/accents are the primary thing I keep seeing complaints about.

The animation's good, the translation is decent, and the voice acting is finally good for the first time since Beast Machines.

Are you guys just THAT desperate to find something wrong with the show?

Cybertron isn't bad... until you've seen the same episode in Galaxy Force.

The kids are less pathetic in GF. Also, the story is more serious, with less goofyness in the dialogue (except for Gasket/Landbullet (Ransack/Crumplezone)).

Also... Cybertron's opening credits....*shivers*...

There ya go, complaints without mentioning the horrible accents :D

I was a bit bothered with CYB Scattershot and Jetfire's accents when I first heard them. I've only seen EP3 of CYB.

I think Beast Wars had the best voice for the bots without over doing the accents. Quickstrike, Rattrap, Ravage, and maybe a few others were still good even with the accents, they had personality. In Cybertron, they don't really have much of a personality, just an accent, and I think that's grating to the ears. An accent isn't much without a personality to go with it, and they all sound bland.

I don't know why everybody keeps bitching about the accents. Yes, they're alien robots. No, there's no reason they should have human accents.

However, they ARE sentient beings, and just maybe, they decided they -liked- those particular accents, and adjusted their voice synthesizers to mimic them.

All-in-all, it really doesn't matter, and has no bearing on the story. At worst, they sound a little goofy until you're used to them. I think it just adds to their characters. Unlike Armada and Energon, these bots actually have individual personalities, just like G1--and I don't recall reading about any of you whining about any of the G1 bots' human accents.

It's also interesting that the voices/accents are the primary thing I keep seeing complaints about.

The animation's good, the translation is decent, and the voice acting is finally good for the first time since Beast Machines.

The problem with the accents is that they use the accents to replace characterization. G1 characters didn't really have accents. Jazz, for example, was just Scatman Caruthers talking normally. With Cybertron it seems forced. After the voice fiasco of Energon (where all the characters sounded the same), they overdid it trying to give them unique accents rather than just getting guys that had distinctive voices (like Scatman Caruthers from G1). I mean Welker did several voices and made each one distinctive enough, without having to resort to overdone accents (g'day mate!) to do it.

I don't know why everybody keeps bitching about the accents.  Yes, they're alien robots.  No, there's no reason they should have human accents.

All-in-all, it really doesn't matter, and has no bearing on the story.  At worst, they sound a little goofy until you're used to them.  I think it just adds to their characters.  Unlike Armada and Energon, these bots actually have individual personalities, just like G1--and I don't recall reading about any of you whining about any of the G1 bots' human accents. 

The problem with the accents is that they use the accents to replace characterization. G1 characters didn't really have accents. Jazz, for example, was just Scatman Caruthers talking normally. With Cybertron it seems forced. After the voice fiasco of Energon (where all the characters sounded the same), they overdid it trying to give them unique accents rather than just getting guys that had distinctive voices (like Scatman Caruthers from G1). I mean Welker did several voices and made each one distinctive enough, without having to resort to overdone accents (g'day mate!) to do it.

G1 characters DID have accents, Outback, Sky Lynx, even Warpath had a country accent. There were a lot of others I don't feel like naming.

Cybertron isn't bad... until you've seen the same episode in Galaxy Force.

The kids are less pathetic in GF. Also, the story is more serious, with less goofyness in the dialogue (except for Gasket/Landbullet (Ransack/Crumplezone)).

Also... Cybertron's opening credits....*shivers*...

There ya go, complaints without mentioning the horrible accents :D

Thank you!

*gives cookies*

@loll@

Yeah, the difference between Cybertron and GF is enormous, and the RiD rap is stupid as hell; but, at least we sort of got the G1 theme back. :)