Don't Forget Sigma Six SPOILERS

SKYWARP

Which guy?

In all fairness to the fall he used a grapple line, and then caught some pipe to break his fall. It was more realistic then last weeks jump from the rocket. I thought it was a nice touch that Duke was still all messed up like he had been in a fight when he returned to HQ. Was the show perfect? No. But im liking it so much more then those CGI ones and alot more then Cybertron.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had missed the first episode so I really wanted to see this one. I'm glad I gave the show a chance and watched it in it's entirety; that let me get a proper feel for the series. In all honesty, I hate this cartoon. I am not a fan of the art style, nor the entire genre. It looks as though it's a re-tooled Yu-Gi-Oh or One Piece or Shaman Kings or - the list goes on and on. Is there going to be an insanely popular, highly collectible card to go along with the series? Am I the only one that is irritated by japanime? A typical japanese trait in this show is the minute detail in all the technical scenes-i.e. computer screens showing multiple pop-up boxes and scrolling text. But when it comes to some form of human emotion or reaction, the character involved immediately becomes Bozo the Clown. A caricature of a real person over-reacting to any given situation. Will we soon see one of the Joes get mad and contort their face, turn red and have the mysterious phantom teardrop appear? What can I say, I'm a product of the 80's, I hate kiddy TCG's, and character outfit designs suitable only for clubbing, cosplay, and sex clubs.

I hope the kids dont dominate the show, but otherwise was pretty cool.

I agree, the kids remind me of the Transformers Armada cartoon. I hope they won't have a huge roll. Did Scott's friends remind you of Heavy Duty & Tunnel Rat? I mean the little one asking for anchovies on the pizza...

Anyway, overall I am excited to see a G.I. Joe (based :)) cartoon back on the air but some things really bug me like the over-dialog of the characters and the dryness of the voice actors. The animation is really great though.

Everything in this episode is fine except the part about Scott and his friends. It reminds me of all Transformers Armada/Energon/Cybertron.

I did not expect General Hawk to be 20+ years older than Duke.

Ripper should be a part of Dreadnoks instead of the new guy.

It was a decent episode, because there was plot, unlike the all-action debut. I do agree about the Scott, derailed the show there at the end. Cobra Commander ruled.

Here's the funny thing...

Cobra Commander was apparently captured at the end of the VvV movie, right? Well, in that he was wearing his dress uniform with the battle helmet.

So, are we to assume the prison guards/warden dressed CC up in BATTLE ARMOR when they locked him into his prison seat? It's CWAZEE

Tom

Cobra Commander was apparently captured at the end of the VvV movie, right? Well, in that he was wearing his dress uniform with the battle helmet.

So, are we to assume the prison guards/warden dressed CC up in BATTLE ARMOR when they locked him into his prison seat? It's CWAZEE

Tom

@loll@

The first ep and the first half of ep. 2 have been pretty good. But when Scott Abernathy & his dog & friends basically hijacked the show, the honeymoon was over. I'm sure Scott and his dog will get toy incarnations, but to push them over the rest of the Joe team seems kinda stupid since Scott will probably be limited to one or two toys. However, they can turn that around. Seeing Hawk, the Dreadnoks, and the general way Cobra is portrayed as a real threat gives me hope, and it is ten times what the last three Transformers cartoons have been (RID was actually good IMO).

+-MWG-+

hes 16? wow. well, i know a loty of things about computers, and lots of people do, its no surprise.

This is a standard practicing of American writers penning animated shows for American viewers. I groaned like the rest of you when the young kid element was introduced but it's something we should all be used to on account that this certain ploy has been practiced in action cartoons since the 80's from Thundercats, to M.A.S.K., COPs, and a slew of others. We all knew going into this that even though the animation studio was going to do a spectacular job (which so far they HAVE) the writing for this show was going to watered down, kiddy grade, pre-adolescent soap opera stupidity.

With that said it was nice to see the Dreadnoks return, and I'm actually surprised that two things I guessed would happen did; the Dreadnoks were in fact responsible for Cobra Commander's release, and the new Nok was in fact the aforementioned Machette who was listed in that list of 3 3/4" 'Robot Rebellion' figures and vehicles that was circulated last January. We may very well see Ripper and some of the Noks as well, we'll just have to give things time, but man did Zartan and his crew look good.

As usual COBRA steals the show with the Commander's escape and then a more detailed look at the submarine fortress which I swear looks like it was ripped straight from GONZO's "Trinity Blood" series. All very cool.

And I gotta say, Overkill's new 'Overlord' B.A.T. model . . . KICK ASS! I want those made in the RAH scale to add to my COBRA legions, I'd buy in bulk.

A few flaws yes, but otherwise a good episode.

Tom

And that's what happens when you put too much thought in to a children's show.

I liked this one more than the first episode. The Dreadnoks saved the show.

I liked Zartan's voice having the accent but I miss the old echoey voice.

I hope we still get Machette with the Chopper.

So far I really like Cobra, minus the BATs but I don't much care for the Joes.

Scott, Spud and freinds have got to go.

Tom

And that's what happens when you put too much thought in to a children's show.

Or not enough.

Wow! Great episode! (just watched it over here on the Pacific coast). Now I have to admit that I'm getting confused. Before watching Sigma this morning I watched a couple of old Sunbow episodes and this Sigma is completely stealing loyalty and focus from what we know of Joe.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sigma. I picked up Duke and Heavy Duty a few days ago (they didn't have Snake Eyes unfortunately) and they're really cool, like Street Fighter figs. BUT it's NOT Joe! I don't want to be distracted as a fan and lose the whole theme of what G.I. Joe was that we knew. I want to keep them seperate but already am heaving ideas on how to incorporate Sigma into the 3 3/4" . Figure paint schemes, vehicles etc. But I realized this getting outta hand.

I had no intention on buying the R.O.C.C. HISS, Night Rhino, etc (don't like the quality of the new vehicles unless they're like the Night Ops Humvee) but after watching todays episode, I had thoughts...exactly Hasbro's objective to keep up with the show.

sorry, getting off topic...

I'm glad they threw in the Zartan/ D'Nok element so quick. What a treat. Zartan sounds a little like Colin Farrell. (Glad they didn't give him a higher pitched voice). Buzzer is sick!! Hope Hasbro makes a new sculpt. And this Machete dude?Well let's see what he can do.

The only gripe thus far is the lack of Cobra Infantry. No Vipers, Tele-Vipers or Blue Shirts??? I hope it's not gonna be all robots and have more casting in the ranks like Scraps, Firefly, the Twins, etc.

Back to toys. I think that's just it. We or probably just myself are facinated by the toys and are just collecting to collect without "Joe Smarts". I don't like this. I only collect Joe. Period. and started [been over a year now=) ] because I wanted to feel the same bug we grew up with.

Sigma is def way cool but I don't want to outgrow the original Joe. This Joe for the new skoolers. I welcome change but this is a pretty big one I'm not sure I'm ready to handle.

last weeks show was the only time i could find the un flag. it is at the beginning when the north pole unmanned observation station is attached by the bats.

i wasn't that thrilled with the idea of sigma six or this cartoon but now that i've seen the shows, i'm really liking it, but like others have said hopefully the kids aren't a big part of all the shows.

gijoesigmasixcobrastrikes-unflag2.jpg