Info On New Superman Movie

khamla

I saw a picture of Brandon Routh as Superman at work the other day and I didn't like it at first but now it's growing on me. I thought the "S" on the chest seemed a bit small in my taste anyways and he does also sport a "S" on his belt. Also, in the picture he's not Superman buff but I guess it will do.

What do you guys think of the New Superman Returns? For those who've seen it?

U know, i think he seems a bit like Jim Lees Superman

It's not really that bulked up and the S is acctually smaller than usual.

The only down point is that his cape isnt reaching to his shoulders.

Well this is the new Superman 3.I like thar Byran Singer is going with the continuation of the origional movies.This movie is supposed to take place after his fight with Non ,Ursa and Zod.

For those who don't know I posted a fan made teaser trailor in GD.

Also take a look at this site it has everything from the origional Superman movies and more about Superman Returns.

capedwonder

Everything old is new again. X-Men in black leather!!!! Spiderman gets organic webshooters!!!!!! The Hulk doesn't go all Hulk until over halfway through the movie!!!! Wilson Fisk is a black man!!!!!! Please. I'm sick of the fanboy kavetching. Things grow and change. Classis archetypes get tweaked a bit. Yes, the "S" shield is smaller, and there is one on the belt buckle and the costume is a bit darker and the cape doesn't go to the shoulder. Big deal. We still know it's Superman. The most important part has nothing to do with the costume. Brandon Routh is the most important part of the character. If he can't make you believe (a man can fly) he is Clark Kent/Superman, then there's no movie no matter how good the script is, or how good Spacey is, or Bosworth is, etc, etc. The movie hinges on performace. On acting ability. Not on the costume. Now I know the costume is important. It's iconic. I think Superman was rated one of the most important/famous people of the 20th century by some stupid VH1 special. I know people recognize the "S" shield worldwide. I know he was the first superhero (yes I know Zorro, the Phantom and the Shadow came before Superman but he's still around). I love the character. In highschool I ran with a Superman t-shirt on frequently. I've got the action figures, comic, had the lunchbox in grade school, the bed sheets, etc. But it's still all about the actor. He has to make us believe. Now I don't know if he can do it. I haven't seen any footage, or read a review. For that we have to wait until the trailers and the actual film. But to constantly talk about the costume, as if it were making the movie is ridiculous. Okay, glad I got that out of my system. My apologies is I offended anyone.

el

Good points El Kabong.

The costume will grow on us. My friend who is the biggest superman fan I know is cool with it, and gave logical reasons for why it is that way (as did some of you). As long as the script, acting, and performances are good, Im happy.