Anyone Notice The 50/50(ish) Split

mr. han

As long as it doesn't replace or hiinder the 3-3/4", I don't care. if it replaced 3-3/4 altogether, then i will really hate on them. Y'see, I just can't help but get the feeling that we don't matter anymore to the Big H. Why did they wait this long to really push G.I. Joe? Cartoons based on the DD comics should have come out around the time the first wave hit retail. Now that 3 3/4 is out the door, Hasbro is now pushing something that is not what many of us consider GI Joe. If it really mattered, they should have put that much effort into 2002.

I would buy them if they did a then and now thing. If they put a Sigma 6 fig with a 3 3/4 fig.

That is a fantastic idea! It would also broaden the 3 3/4 base. I have been one who is really on the fence for these SS.

First off the expense is a big issue. Secondly size is a big issue (pun intended) and thirdly I'm getting picky in my old age.

I like the stylized look of the figs but I don't like the space issue. If they were just a little smaller, say ML sized everything would be good. The price could be lower and I wouldn't have some off suit in my collection.

With all of that being said. I will probably pick up Snake, Storm, and CC if not when I see them on clearance of used later on.

my fear is i aint seen VH in here in a coulple days! dont go VH! i'll never say sigma six again!!! seriously where is he?

TM

I suspect like me VH is having a hard time coming in here so much. Its hard to stomuch to be honest. Sigma wise.

Draven

Like they are so affraid they might like them given half the chance that they are doing every thing they can to convince themselves and everyone around them that they are the worst thing possible and if you buy one you will suffer eternal damnation or something, your not a real GIJoe fan if you like these, which I guess is cause they think if the Sigma 6 catches on then Hasbro wont waste time on 3 3/4" anymore.

I think its the opposite. I think for 3 3/4 to continue Sigma is gonna need to catch on so that it continues to be worth Hasbro's time and energy to put effort into GIJoe.

That's been my conclusion as well, that maybe if we show Sigma 6 the slightest bit of attention and support, they will scrap the 3-3/4" line. And I will admit to thinking that on some level as well. But sales for the 3-3/4" stuff seem to be brisk which tells me they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. No, I think maybe Hasbro's decision to try and draw in the kiddies with a separate line has been a smart one, and they are catering to us RAH/GvsC/VvsV 3-3/4" fans at the same time with some awesome new stuff. That way we get what we want without having to put up with silly gimmicks aimed at kids. I just think both lines will continue to supplement each other in terms of providing Hasbro with real selling power, which in turn ensures we will see increasingly better product.

Look at Mattel; they basically ignored the older MOTU fans by focusing on the children's market, and when kids lost interest and didn't produce the right sales numbers for them, they canned the line, which was unfortunate for the older fans that were way more loyal than the "here-one-minute-gone-the-next" kid's market. Kids can be very fickle these days for some reason. They seem to always be moving on to the next big thing. So I think what you are seeing in Hasbro is a company that has learned from Mattel's mistakes and are trying to appease both adult collectors and the kids. (I just feel sorry for the 12-inch collectors. It does indeed seem like they've been left out in the cold in all of this.) And it seems like there's this gray area where adults are interested in the Sigma 6 stuff, and I'm sure there's kids that love the 3-3/4" stuff as well. Brilliant Hasbro, just brilliant; to produce two lines that are basically meant for two different markets but appeal to both is just marketing genius.

And if they keep doing business like they have with HTS, I'll be a loyal paying customer for a long time. They are really hitting on all cylinders so to speak with the DTC stuff; best stuff I've seen since the RAH glory days, and it seems to be getting better with each wave. I just can't wait to see what Wave 3 brings...

my fear is i aint seen VH in here in a coulple days! dont go VH! i'll never say sigma six again!!! seriously where is he?

TM

I suspect like me VH is having a hard time coming in here so much. Its hard to stomuch to be honest. Sigma wise.

Draven

there's no way in hell VH would let sigma six beat him down! no way!! i'd say i know him fairly well, he's seen it all the original,ARAH, savage,Hall of Fame,extreme,JvC,VvV ,DTC and now Sigma Six, S6 aint even the worst of em'! maybe it's not sigma six at all? may be he hates us? maybe be he really likes sigma six and is now posting under the name sigmajoe??????? :huh: or maybe he's on vacation and there are no computers on the island he's on and if there was...he's too busy with all the brown skinned beauties to visit TNI? what ever it is i hope he comes back!

TM

I have mixed feeling about them actually. I like the show, well at least what I have seen of it so far. The toys, I haven't persoanly seen yet so I can't give any rsponse on that. But The original 3 3.75 inch, and JVC figs, I will love forever, lol.

I am sure he will TM. Just its got to be painful for him to be in here. @loll@

Draven

^_^ Thanks fellas! Only been away for 4 or 5 days and you missed me! Says a lot to me!

Had some other pressing issues to deal with, but you are correct though, as far as the Sigma Six release, and how it doesn't exactly have me RUNNING to the computer, to checkout TNI!

So knowing how I feel about them, and it being the hot topic right now, I suppose there's no need to be a nuisance to those enjoying the moment. @haha@

Hey VH,

If S6 does well, here's what the future 3 3/4" figures might look like...

micromen.jpg

@smilepunch@

Hope this doesn't give you nightmares :)

As for my opinion, I agree with most of you on why I really don't care for them: price, scale/size and the look.

My theory on the evolution of Sigma Six:

I'm assuming when Hasbro initially designed these toys, they were to coincide with another CGI cartoon (like SpyTroops & VvV) and launch the new 8" scale. As for the Gonzo cartoon it was to be the Rise of the B.A.T.s theme to go with our 3 3/4" scale. Although, after not much success with the CGI cartoons and lack of interest with kids, Hasbro scrapped doing another CGI cartoon and decided kids might enjoy a new bigger size. So to not have any competition from 3 3/4" Joes they were put on Hiatus and the Gonzo cartoon was adapted for Sigma Six.

My mental pictures of the Hasbro brainstorming meeting on Sigma Six:

Marketing Person A: Let's see the kids of the 60s enjoyed the 12" figures and the children of the 80s enjoyed the 3 3/4" figures, so let's give the kids of the 00s a new size as well.

Meeting organizer: What size should we use?

Marketing Person B: Let's take 4 inches off the original and add 4 1/4 inches from the RAH series and bam 8 inches will be the new size.

Meeting organizer: Brillant!

Marketing Person A: What about the 12" and 3 3/4" collectors, will we continue those lines?

Meeting organizer: Well you know they really don't account for much of sales, maybe 15% at the most.

Marketing Person B: Ha ha ha... One word "Hiatus!"

Everyone: Laughing...

Meeting organizer: Give that man a raise!

Everyone: Laughing again, then Celebration (by Kool and The Gang) starts playing from out of nowhere and balloons drop from the ceiling.

Then it gets a little fuzzy after that...

Hey VH,

If S6 does well, here's what the future 3 3/4" figures might look like...

micromen.jpg

@smilepunch@

Hope this doesn't give you nightmares :)

Yeah...I've already had a few nightmares, just like THAT!! @haha@

I've had to put a couple of 3 3/4" on my nightstand, just to have something to look at upon waking from one of these scary dreams.

after reading the various sigma 6 threads and seeing them in the target display, i like them and plan to get them, some things do stick out in my head about them though, Jinx doesn't seem to be blind, and they don't seem like the og characters we grew up with, it's like a tf cartoon and toy where you have these characters named and basic persona but it's just not the real thing, which is cool, but depressing at the same time.

holytoledo69 Posted on Sep 14 2005, 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Rama Sha @ Sep 14 2005, 09:52 PM)

Was Jinx ever blind? 

...For that matter, is tunnel rat blind as well? He has no visible pupils!!! 

that's a good point, i don't think she was thinking back to the movie, she covered her eyes and it made her fight better, but all her toys that i remember seeing have her eyes covered, yeah i guess i must that one up, didn't pay attention to tr pupils

I am sure he will TM. Just its got to be painful for him to be in here. @loll@

Draven

^_^ Thanks fellas! Only been away for 4 or 5 days and you missed me! Says a lot to me!

Had some other pressing issues to deal with, but you are correct though, as far as the Sigma Six release, and how it doesn't exactly have me RUNNING to the computer, to checkout TNI!

So knowing how I feel about them, and it being the hot topic right now, I suppose there's no need to be a nuisance to those enjoying the moment. @haha@

You are not alone. Myself a plenty others seem to be spending more time in other forums here lately. lol

Draven