The Classic Marvel Figurine Collection

J D M C

Morning Peeps,

I wrote another e-mail to Cecile Laurent and go a reply, here it is:-

Sent: 21 July 2006 20:52

To: Cecile Laurent

Subject: Fw: Forbidden Planet Exclusive

Thank you for replying to my e-mail. It's good news that subscribers will be able to get hold of the Angel variant. I also heard that the currently planned 60 figurines will be expanded to 80 and another variant is a possibility, Great! More specials???? Thanos maybe? Rhino????

There is a problem I have with the binders that house the collection magazines. 60 issues = 4 binders, but 80 issues = 5.3 binders, so that leaves a binder for just 3 issues??? (won't look right). I'm sure you would get your customers complaining if they have to house just 3 issues in a binder designed for 15! I have to assume that Eaglemoss will eventually plan for more figurines over the 80. For the magazines and 15 issue capacity binders to match up you would have to release 90 figurines, (not counting any other specials and variants planned to be released), Which would = 6 binders. And then the magazines for the specials and variants, where will they fit? A possible solution, if you pardon me for suggesting, would be for a binder designed specially to house the special & variant magazines (that is if the variant(s) will have the accompanying mag). That would make the collection nice, complete and tidy (and safe). Thanks for your time.

Kind regards

Myke Winters

Hi Myke

There is one more special planned for next Spring, and one more variant to come out around the same time. I have not yet heard what they will be!

There are talks about extending the collection here as it is so well liked but no confirmation yet. I take your point about the extension/size of binders though and will make sure it is passed on to the development team...

Kind regards

Cecile Laurent

Maybe Phase can fill us all in regarding the Special and Variant

Special = Giant Man

Variant = Dark Pheonix or the original Beast

we shall see....

@firedevil@

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

I just e-mailed Eaglemoss and asked them to confirm a few things. If there is only one special left after 'Colossus' then I hope it will be Rhino! I really want to see Scorpion & Shocker too & hopefully they will extend this line again to the big 100?

IMP77.

well if the series runs true to form

special after #6 then 18 then 30 the next special after Collossus should come after #42 (nightcrawler )

If the next variant is due at the same time then we have the possibilty of

41 Invisible Woman ( not likley)

42 Nightcrawler ( would they do another X man )

43 Medusa ( variant poss.? )

44 Iron Fist ( again not likely )

I would have to guess if my timing is right that they will do a variant of nightcrawler or an older character ( spiderman/wolverine/war machine ) again not very likley as with angel they have simply used different colour paint and not a different stance or character.

Hmmmm time will tell

Looking at all the characters released spring time no one jumps out ( angle / arch angel pheonix/ dark pheonix wise )

That is the same character/costume with just different colour scheme ?

Thoughts anyone ( am basing my assumptions on the fact that they will just use the same figurine and the variant will have a different colour scheme ) afterall there are a few of us here who repainted pheonix red ( perhaps they stole our idea lol :)

HI All,

I've been looking at my Excel sheet that I've got/worked out release dates etc & I've been thinking, if Eaglemoss do extend this magazine/figurine collection from 60 issues to 80 issues by the time we get a 'final'(?) special it'll be around issue's # 42/43 . Logic would say that even if this stays at 60 issues there should be enough run left to release at least one more special?

I have e-mailed Eaglemoss earlier on today and am pending their reply but if this goes onto 80 issues then there should be another 3 'specials' after Colossus. There maybe hope for a 'Rhino' yet?

IMP77.

HI All,

I've been looking at my Excel sheet that I've got/worked out release dates etc & I've been thinking, if Eaglemoss do extend this magazine/figurine collection from 60 issues to 80 issues by the time we get a 'final'(?) special it'll be around issue's # 42/43 . Logic would say that even if this stays at 60 issues there should be enough run left to release at least one more special?

I have e-mailed Eaglemoss earlier on today and am pending their reply but if this goes onto 80 issues then there should be another 3 'specials' after Colossus. There maybe hope for a 'Rhino' yet?

IMP77.

Personally i wouldn't be suprised if there were another 4 specials after colossus, 3 minimum, assuming it gets extended to 80 issues.

Looking at all the characters released spring time no one jumps out ( angle / arch angel pheonix/ dark pheonix wise )

That is the same character/costume with just different colour scheme ?

Thoughts anyone ( am basing my assumptions on the fact that they will just use the same figurine and the variant will have a different colour scheme ) afterall there are a few of us here who repainted pheonix red ( perhaps they stole our idea lol :)

As they are planning to release the other variant sometime early next year and that Spiderman III will be released in may 07, it wouldn't surprise me if they release a Symbiote Spiderman @Spawnny@ (yes I know there is already 2 Spidys - free subs gift & fig #1).

@firedevil@

well if they're going to just paint the same model to make a variant they've clearly missed out on all the good figures so far.

I mean classic yellow & brown Wolvie, Dark Phoenix, War Machine, Hobgoblin, Black Spidey, Black or White Elektra, yellow & brown Daredevil, silver Storm, grey Hulk, USAgent (for Cap), the list can go on.

I think out of the ones they have left they could do:

two different versions of Cap Marvel, Mr. Fantastic or invisible woman in a different costume, possibly the purple jump suits they first wore, maybe a different Vision either the white version or the old golden-age character that looked pretty similar,

hmm other than that I'm not really sure but I wouldn't be surprised to see a black spidey special or something just to tie into the movie, although it would be lame, Scarlet Spider would be way better.

What do you guys think about a Spidergirl figure she is getting really popular at the mo and she's probably been in more issues than other characters like Kraven or Electro, I mean sheesh she's had 100 comics in her own title alone. Probably not gonna happen but she is one of my favourites, lets hope eaglemoss extend to 100.

Hmm being thinking if they just paint Angel blue and nothing else changes what is the point in getting it ??

I mean its not like he is a major character, an Archangel with slightly different pose and with the metal wings would be better ? Or even an original yellow outfit from the early days would be better and disdinguish them from 1 another .

Not sure ( may just get it because it will hopefully be limited edition and be worth more later) Hope they do limit the numbers they do for the variant or it just becomes a red or blue angel with nothing special to disdinguish them apart ( maybe a poster in the variant # or something )

Which does everyone prefer think that if they are exactly the same and I could only have 1 I would get the Red 1 .

Here a thought what if they did Colossus variant human form and metal form ? That would be well worth having .

Do not see the point of a variant that is exactly the same as an ordinary character except the colouring without adding anything .

Thoughts anyone ???? :)

Hi All,

I think 'Woza32' has a good point, I was slightly disappointed that the 'Angel' repaint seems to be a straight repaint, I'd much sooner of had an 'Arch' with the metal wings as such, oh well there's no please in some ha?

I do really hope we get a 'Symbiote Spidey'?

IMP77.

I think the painted variant is kind of designed for the comic fanboys that love buying different covers to the same comics or even sketch covers.

I think the paint variant idea is still brilliant if just for the fact that I can't paint to save my life and I'd love to have some different looking versions of Marvel characters.

I mean it's kind of just like the custom jobs people have been doing on this forum, they're great for what they are but they aren't new models.

A little of topic, but have any subscribers got their Mephisto/Cyclops delivery yet? If so, can you post some cyclops pics, i havent got mine yet, hopefully I'll get them in the next day or two.

I should get my Kraven & Mephisto sometime in the next 3-4 days. I'm obviously a little behind some people. I won't get my Cyclops @cyclops@ & Ultron until next month @grumpy@ .

I shall get the "Blue" Angel variant when it comes out and as for the next one, well, if it is a Symbiote Spidy then I hope someone up in Eaglemoss Towers decides to change the pose instead of just re-painting #1 Spidy black & white. I shan't hold my breath! It will cost more to produce if they change the pose! SO WHAT! EAGLEMOSS! You'll sell them anyway AND STILL make @$@ !. Come on @poke2@ don't be boring do something DIFFERENT with the next variant.

Listen to your customers! @loll@

@firedevil@

[...]STILL make @$@ !. [...]

Still make 'breasts'?????

;)

Man I love money, but I love breasts more! :D Oh sorry....er....got carried away! My Kraven & Mephisto came today. Both are really good paint jobs. Like people said this series just gets better and better.

Roll on next month (Jeez, wishing my life away!) @firedevil@

Cyclops looks ok, I love the pose but the face on mine is abit lop-sided, like he's just been smacked in the face by magneto.

I know no-one has really replyed to me about that other second hulk but I thought I'd put up the image I was referring to. You can even see the hulk we did get in the background under the table. Do you think this might be another hulk special, maybe the grey hulk??

damn don't know how to post the image it's not attaching.

hmm maybe it was too big.