The Classic Marvel Figurine Collection

J D M C

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My camera is kaput but I managed to get a picture of my display cabinet .

Looks really good -- did you say it was from Ikea -- and can I be rude enough to ask what the price was ?

yes cabinet is from Ikea and the rrp is £225, internal dimensions are width 84.5cm depth 37cm .The figures display well, But me and my son disagree over what order to put them in .

yeah i realy want collosus!

What's folk's opinions on the magazines that accompany these figurines? Are they informative enough? To me, they're very...erm tongue in cheek at times. Which is fine, but if I want humour I'll buy items from another type of 'comic'.

The magazines I think are a good accompanyment to the figures, you get to know a little bit about the character . That said without the figurine I wouldn't buy , but given the choice of just the figurine I think it would be hollow , they compliment each other well, one without the other would be a little souless.

I like the issue rundown at the bottom of each page, that shows a little bit of the history of each character.

collected capt this morning so I'm going to admire the figurine( someome posted earlier that he looks dirty I think on first impression they maybe right) No pleasing some folk lol :-) icon6.gif

hi,

New here as well.

I too am disappointed with my captain america figurine. It just seems shabbily painted. Is anyone elses captain america figurine tinged blue quite alot where it is meant to be painted white or is it just me?

Hello and welcome,

just looked and my white parts are tinged blue too. it looks like they painted the blue first and then painted a coat of white over, they should of added another coat of white to make it brighter.

Thanks for the welcome mikelfc.

Yeah it does look like they were a bit thin on the white paint, maybe they were running out of it or something. I'm jealous of phoenix will rise's captain america looking so white. LOL. I'm tempted to complain to eaglemoss about it.

picked up the dr doom figurine on thurs ( wow definatly one of my favorites)

But is any else dissapointed with the magazine , the writer just didn't add any menace in their write-up , it was as if Dr Doom was completely new to them and just a side line character , the green goblin had a slightly better write up ,but GG only spars with spiderman for whereas Dr Doom has slugged it out with just about every hero in the marvel universe and is still around to tell the tale

Only the behind the scenes to my mind was any good at all .

What does everyone else think?

Did someone post that the Jean Grey magazine was more "fact based " (lol typing fact based about a comic book character tickled me icon6.gif ), but the ramblings of the last few # have been a bit cringeworthy .

Just noticed dark pheonix will rise posted similar sorry to copy but I agree with what yuo said

Edited by woza32

Hi Guys,

Everyones collections seem to be coming on leaps and bounds now, excellent!

I think I might get 2 Phoenix's so that I can make my own Dark Phoenix - anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Fluke

??? make your own dark pheonix what do you mean??icon2.gif

Hi Guys,

Everyones collections seem to be coming on leaps and bounds now, excellent!

I think I might get 2 Phoenix's so that I can make my own Dark Phoenix - anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Fluke

yes im getting two to do a dark phoenix custom also

E mailed them again. Asking when they will update the site. They said

"Early in Feb"

So looks like were going to have to wait quiet a bit yet... :(

Whats the diff look of normal pheonix and dark pheonix??

Damn, i was hoping we'd get an update earlier than that :(

I think Dark phoenix is red instead of green.

Did someone post that the Jean Grey magazine was more "fact based " (lol typing fact based about a comic book character tickled me icon6.gif ), but the ramblings of the last few # have been a bit cringeworthy .

Just noticed dark pheonix will rise posted similar sorry to copy but I agree with what yuo said

Yep :) But as I said, the Phoenix magazine is more about HEr... than the writer's sarcastic jokes... last the last couple of issues!

I just got a reply from "Mia" when I asked about special issue's.

She has said that they have no date for any further planned specials... :(

E mailed them again. Asking when they will update the site. They said

"Early in Feb"

So looks like were going to have to wait quiet a bit yet... :(

Whats the diff look of normal pheonix and dark pheonix??

Damn, i was hoping we'd get an update earlier than that :(

I think Dark phoenix is red instead of green.

Phoenix is green and yellow/gold

Dark Phoenix is red and gold

Ive always prefered Statue like figurines and busts over figs with moveible joints.

Cool i like the look of dark Phonix , id have a go trying to paint over a normal one.. but wouldnt know where to start and then itd prob end up looking #$## :(

their site say s that the french get spiderman 2 dvd instead of the binder , wonder why ?

I too will be getting 2 pheonix , but bit worried about the hash I will make of it.me and paint do not mix

Why would you want to buy those? They are 4 inches tall & have no articulation.

@loll@

how jealous can you get @smilepunch@

Why would you want to buy those? They are 4 inches tall & have no articulation.

@loll@

Maybe because we want to display them and not play with them

totaly, also they take up less room when there only a few inches tall so we can display more, also thy look more natural, over articulated figures look a bit crappy at times.

oh yeah had an e-mail off em today basicly they couldent help me with issue information, they say ''the publishers have not sent us a full list .... bla bla bla'' anyone else think there lieing?

if we knew what the full line-up was some people would probably harass emoss for omitting their favorite character .

I know I would if they decicded not to do a collosus I would feel it my duty to infrom them of their mistake only 40/50 times a week lol.

For collections, I think it's sometimes better to not know the full line up and only the next 5 (in this case). That way, it's more of a surprise and something to wonder about before you get them.

Yeah but i think i'd prefer to know who they were doing so I could stop panicking about which people they're going to leave out.

I know theres going to be 60, of them, with around 10 specials.

so thats 12 per 'family' and 2 specials in theory. There are 17 x-men in the middle of the booklet we got with issue 1, and collossus who isnt in it. I dread to think which 4 will get missed out, if it does indeed work our like that.