The Classic Marvel Figurine Collection

J D M C

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got doom this morninand its quite impressive, it seems to be a darker green than on the pics which i like, what i dont like tho is the look of phoenix, its green and yellow instead of green and gold, a metalic green would have been nice also, the pose is bad, th face looks nothing like jean, the hair isent ren enough and the phoeniz logo needs to be much bigger, im a just bein picky or does anyone agree with me?

So Doom and Phoenix are out already? I wasn't expecting Doom for another week.

Doom was due out today, Phoenix 2 weeks time, wow, theyre actually getting ahead of themselves now.

Hopefully i'll get them soon, not that i have anyhwere to put them, ive used up all the spaces on my plinth and i duno where to put the others

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone had a good Xmas & New Year? Anyway I picked 'Doom' today & I think he's great. I also got my #'s 8 & 9 today in the post so I think we're finally getting there? I have ordered an additonal Plinth & Binder so hopefully they should be here soon?

Anyway I'm now looking forward to 'Phoenix' & I actully think that she looks OK, certainly good enough to display with the rest of my collection.

IMP77.

got doom this morninand its quite impressive, it seems to be a darker green than on the pics which i like, what i dont like tho is the look of phoenix, its green and yellow instead of green and gold, a metalic green would have been nice also, the pose is bad, th face looks nothing like jean, the hair isent ren enough and the phoeniz logo needs to be much bigger, im a just bein picky or does anyone agree with me?

Whoa, so these 2 are out already? Can you give us a pics of what they look like?

Hulk arrived today.

however a quick look at the statement sent and it had £30 odd pound that i owed.

I rang them up saying that i owed them nothing as i had paid for everything, i even told them that i had paid for the hulk back in november via debit card on the website.

the guy who i first talked to was having non of it and he actually said "well if it says you owe it on the statement, then you must owe it"........i was livid at this point, i eventually got him to hand over to somebody else, even he was saying at first i owed it, until i reeled off when i had paid for them from my bank statements. finally they admitted i owed them nothing.

glad to see the back of them now.

Got my Phoenix & Doom today too!

I am a little let down with Jean, as you may of guessed from my username, Phoenix is one of my all time favourite characters... and as mentioned above her colouring is a bit off, but her face is REALLY off...

Still she looks good as the female fronting my collection of heroes!

Doom is cool too, and my Hulk finally arrived today as well, so I was in for a triple surprise!!!

after such a dodgy start last year with issues comming a month behind the stores, it is now good that we are issue ahead of stores (not that I see this in stores any more that is :( )

The next 5 look great, esp Storm & Beast... Iron Man, Daredevil & thor are cool too... Electra looks a bit like Jean does tho.. a bit off...

BTW, does anyone think that one of the XMen special additions (if we are to expect two, since Eaglemoss have said 10 special's in total, so probably two from each category), do you think that Apocolapse will be one of the specials?? Or even a Sentinal??

Colossus I think could just be a regular issue, like The Thing was...?

Can anyone get me a Phoenix, I would pay for cost and shipping and handling thanks!

Phoenix is not released to stores for another 2 weeks (19th Jan). At the moment it is only subscribes who can get her!

One she hits stores tho, you should be able to pick her up from ebay, just search for "marvel figurine", there are people there selling all of the figure's (no one has Phoenix on there yet, but in about a weeks time or so, she should be!!

im still not impressed with that phoenix, picky bastard arent i :-)

im REALY looking forward to the beast and iron man one.

also i may have fugured out a way of gettin em to reveal who the next special is, sumone with a subscription e-mail, say there considering canceling, and ask what the next special is b4 they cancel, may work may not. @loll@

Wow!

I had no idea 'Phoenix' was out yet! I also subscribe & have just got #'s 8 & 9(on Wednesday) just gone so I sure hope that my next delivery will have her!

I think she looks good, just my oppinion though.

Oh well the wait continues...

IMP77.

I got Doom and Phoenix this morning, along with the letter telling me I owed them £32.97 (for Cap, Goblin, Doom, Phoenix and Hulk). I just rang them and they said they are aware of the mistake on the invoices and that I only owe £11.98 (Doom and Phoenix). At least they know they've made a mistake this time.

I don't mind how Phoenix looks, and she's the first female of the collection. Just need to wait for my second plinth to put them on now.

Can't wait for Iron Man next month; he's one of my favourite characters.

Nice to hear they have admitted the mistake jackZero. Still cann't forget about what the first guy who i spoke to yessterday said.

It's also nice to hear they have got their act together regarding deliveries now.

Here is a pic of my collection so far

post-7393-1136555502_thumb.jpg

I got my Dr Doom and Phoenix today, i think doom looks great, but i dont really like the phoenix much.

If you compare Phoenix's face to the one on the back of Dr Doom issue, ours are of much less quality. The phoenix figure advertised looks great, but mines looks nothing like it.

Also i would have liked the phoenix symbol on her chest to be bigger than it is, like the cover of her magazine, otherwise its fairly good

Cant wait for the next few issues, shame its 4 weeks till the next ones due out now.

Also cant wait for the site to be updated with the next 5 figurine pictures and the names of the 5 after.

I'm guessing the letter for the next special edition will come out with the Iron Man? After all we got Hulk just after blade came out, which was the 6th issue and iron man is the 12th

I am starting to like the Phoenix figure a bit more now... Still, I think she could have been a bit better...

Has anyone noticed how her magazine is different... Gone are the cheap jokes, and her's is more str8 forward facts...

Better in my opinion...

the Dr Doom magazine starts off as if the person writing it doesnt even like Dr Doom!!!!

Also - I emailed eaglemoss asking them who the next special is, and when they will be available... so if/when they reply I'll let you know!

I need to start getting the X-Men ones of these before I get too far behind.

I was really looking forward to Phoenix, and like some of you said, she's kind of...not that great, so I hope Storm's comes out ok, but from what I saw on the site, I don't have my hopes too high.

I got my Dr Doom and Phoenix today, i think doom looks great, but i dont really like the phoenix much.

If you compare Phoenix's face to the one on the back of Dr Doom issue, ours are of much less quality. The phoenix figure advertised looks great, but mines looks nothing like it.

Also i would have liked the phoenix symbol on her chest to be bigger than it is, like the cover of her magazine, otherwise its fairly good

Cant wait for the next few issues, shame its 4 weeks till the next ones due out now.

Also cant wait for the site to be updated with the next 5 figurine pictures and the names of the 5 after.

I'm guessing the letter for the next special edition will come out with the Iron Man? After all we got Hulk just after blade came out, which was the 6th issue and iron man is the 12th

Well the phoenix symbol has always been a smaller on her green phoenix costume. So I'd say it's about right. It's only a lot bigger when it is on the red Dark Phoenix costume.

How much do thse plinths cost?

How much do thse plinths cost?

10.99 (UK pounds), which is $ is about $19.50

I need to start getting the X-Men ones of these before I get too far behind.

I was really looking forward to Phoenix, and like some of you said, she's kind of...not that great, so I hope Storm's comes out ok, but from what I saw on the site, I don't have my hopes too high.

I agree, Storm & Phoenix are two of my all time fave comic characters... but from this collection both of them look a little less that what I would of hoped for...

But still, the collection is pretty cool...

I'm hoping that Emma Frost & Mystique get figures too!!! and if Mystique does, I would love it if the figure was based on Rebecca's Mystique from the movie.. VERY sexy... and Emma on her Astonishing look... because like Beast, she currently looks better in Astonishing that she has EVER looked before!

My camera is kaput but I managed to get a picture of my display cabinet .

The wife says it is too big , but I know in time when more and more figures have been released that anything smaller would be outgrown , so far I have 12 figures on a shelf with room for maybe a few more. I will probably put 15 per shelf and thus use up 4 shelves ( there are 3 glass shelves and 2 wood so plenty of room)

At the moment I am using the plinth , but as this series grows I think it will look better with the figure arranged on their own. I find that with 10 figures on the plinth that the ack row are obscured and it looks too cramped , where as with 2 figures front row and 3 back it really looks cool (shame that my camera is kaput , pictures do speak louder than words)

anyway hope everyone had a good christmas