The Classic Marvel Figurine Collection

J D M C

Got my Gambit and Red Skull today. They are both excellent. Eaglemoss have anounced they will be doing a Gambit Special....He will be holding 3Kings instead of 3Aces...

Oooops, is that another grenade that I just dropped.. #Granade# Clumsy me @loll@

Was this serious or was it a joke?

While I like the idea of variants I gotta say I'll start getting a tad pissed if EM start releasing "cheapskate" variants every second issue with minor paint differences just to leech a bit of extra dosh from the customers. being a completist I'll get them anyway but I won't be happy with EM's tatics. A variant once in a while is OK (they REALLY should be preparing a black spidey special to coincide with the movie) but if they start doing cheap repaints often I won't be very happy with them.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my Gambit and Red Skull today. They are both excellent. Eaglemoss have anounced they will be doing a Gambit Special....He will be holding 3Kings instead of 3Aces...

Oooops, is that another grenade that I just dropped.. #Granade# Clumsy me @loll@

Was this serious or was it a joke?

While I like the idea of variants I gotta say I'll start getting a tad pissed if EM start releasing "cheapskate" variants every second issue with minor paint differences just to leech a bit of extra dosh from the customers. being a completist I'll get them anyway but I won't be happy with EM's tatics. A variant once in a while is OK (they REALLY should be preparing a black spidey special to coincide with the movie) but if they start doing cheap repaints often I won't be very happy with them.

Cletus and Scythe.....It was a joke, ties in with an earlier post about Emoss making money from repaints rather than making fresh models and a "where do you draw the line" question.

Possibility is almost endless, I could have Gambit holding every possible combination of three-card hand....now let me see, thats 52 x51 x50 (should I include the jokers as wild cards I wonder ?). s#d it, take it from me that it would be an aweful lot of variants.

Eaglemoss - You make the figures and let the likes of MRP et al do the fantastic repaints.

@yipee@

Great, thanks for the clarification. There should be a disclaimer when jokes like that are made because it's entirely viable that they WOULD do that ... and thats the scary thing, you can make a joke like that and some people could find it entirely beleivable!

Anyway I wonder if they're planning a spidey variant to coincide with S3? It would be silly not to (esp with the black costume being in the movie) but they've already had 2 spidey figures so they might not consider a third. I really hope they release a s3 special, not just a crummy repaint but a proper "movie release" special. A ghost rider with a bike special coinciding with that movie (which is looking damn fine if the trailers are anything to go by) would go down well too. Come on EM, lets see some original movie tie-ins. Not to mention releasing a special with the movies which will undoubtably be a big hit (as least with S3 it's a certainity, GR is a bit more of a gamble) could increase the collections fanbase hugely due to the publicity involved! Throw a few TV ads out there about the special and the collection around the same time the trailers are showing for the movie, they might as well have a money tree. Hopefully they won't miss out on the opportunity (and us collectors will score too).

Note on a Spidey movie tie in, how cool would this be as a movie variant/special:

http://www.spiderman-3-trailer.com/spiderman_12.jpg

Not only is it somewhat different from both other releases (ok a bit similar to the subscriber only special but not really by much apart from being on "top" of something) but it's pretty much become the "iconic image" of the upcoming movie so it would be the perfect template.

On a side note, got my Red Skull and Gambit issues yesterday (woohoo, love getting them just after release instead of taking over a week). Gotta say the characters didn't really interest me that much (esp Skull, not into the whole uber patriotic Cap [uS/UK] crap, it just makes me irate) so the magazines didn't really interest me much (still read them cover to cover tho) but gotta say I was well impressed with the figurines, IMO Skull is one of the best one's to date but both were sterling figures.

Man what have Eaglemoss created here when people need clarification regarding Grims variant on Gambit, laugh i nearly pissed myself when people emailed to see if it was fact or fiction. Has all the laughter gone in the world. Everybody knows the highest hand is three aces why would they produce a variant with a lower hand, LOL only kidding.

On a serious note if eaglemoss produced 50 variants you would, including myself, buy them up without hesitation but come on here and complain about it. I raised this issue months ago when what i thought was a cheap variant on Angel. A variant should not only be a different pose but costume and magazine detailing other parts of their lifes.

Email Eaglemoss and tell them you dont want cheap copies of what we already have. We want to collect them all but tell them they run the risk of people losing interest of cheap copies with a new plastic bag. If it comes to it bin the variants and bring out more SPECIALS at least you get a new figure, magazine, poster and sleeve and not least the plastic bag.

Great stuff - they look awesome.

Welcome RickCoronel

Lots of variants Mr. P and thank you for the info about Thanos (makes sense with Captain Marvel slotted for figure 36).

So let me pose a question to the forum - how do you display your figurines? Desktop? Display shelf or case?

Do you use the plinth (not really liking it - figures look to be right on top of each other makes them hard to appreciate).

Also - how do you store them? Any special steps? I'm currently doing construction in our basement making it liveable space instead of...well, a basement and I was curious of some ideas on how to best display these figurines (the wife loves them and can't wait to get the new ones - so I get a free pass to put them out w/o any grief :))

In the short term - I need to store them safely until we're ready to display them. Just curious on some of the ways you guys are showcasing.

i use the plinths i like them :) at the mo they are all dotted around wherever i have space but eventually want to put them in a display cabinet.

Seems when my gf finally comes over i will have to keep her away from all the female figurines ;)

Also which variant do you think they will do next? (if they do) i think that idea of ghost rider on a bike to tie in with the movie is awesome.

i agree with scrimgeour2004 `s view on variants.

I'm pretty much up for any variant they do and I'll tell you why... EM have a business plan and they know what an issue has to sell for them to turn an acceptable profit. Any variants they do are new money, and that is the cherry on the cake for them.

The reason this is good news is that if the product as a whole is viable then more issues will follow and we may end up with a rare beast - a collection that is an exhaustive, comprehensive overview of the Marvel universe. If the variant releases strengthen the case for increasing the length of the series then that is a fair price to pay imo. After all no-one has a gun to our heads. These will not diminish the core series merely add to it. We are well on the way to forty issues with potentially just twenty left. There are far, far more than twenty must have Marvel characters that have not been even mentioned on the eighty issues long Wikipedia list let alone the leaked sixty.

This series easily has the potential for 120 plus issues. That should be our aim. Anything that helps to achieve that should be welcomed.

Great stuff - they look awesome.

Welcome RickCoronel

Lots of variants Mr. P and thank you for the info about Thanos (makes sense with Captain Marvel slotted for figure 36).

So let me pose a question to the forum - how do you display your figurines? Desktop? Display shelf or case?

Do you use the plinth (not really liking it - figures look to be right on top of each other makes them hard to appreciate).

Also - how do you store them? Any special steps? I'm currently doing construction in our basement making it liveable space instead of...well, a basement and I was curious of some ideas on how to best display these figurines (the wife loves them and can't wait to get the new ones - so I get a free pass to put them out w/o any grief :))

In the short term - I need to store them safely until we're ready to display them. Just curious on some of the ways you guys are showcasing.

i thought 36 was namor???

i put all the boxes for mine in the drawers under my bed

i use the pliths i think they look better like that

for the next variant i guess either iron fist or she hulk

BLUE ANGEL SAGA

IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR A BLUE ANGEL VARIANT

RING EAGLEMOSS NOW

@grumpy@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@ I chased the lack of delivery about 2 weeks ago only to be told that all was well, my order was there and would be despatched with GamSkull and RedBit. Yesterday......2 figs arrive, no Blue Angel so spoke to Emoss today. It seems that when I placed the order way back in October the dolt at the other end failed to process it correctly and another dolt lied to me 2 weeks ago saying that all was well.

Very nice lady sorted this out today and assures me I will recieve my Blue Angel with my NEXT delivery in JANUARY. @grumpy@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@

I also pointed out that there were quite a few errors that I was aware of regarding Red Angels pitching up at subscribers doors instead of the Blue ones. She said that the customer must have placed the order incorrectly! cheek. So for you poor guys out there that have umpteen Red Angels and no Smurf Variant, remember it is your own fault :wacko:

I suggest that if you are expecting a Blue Angel then give Eaglemoss a call 0870 033 1240 and verify just exactly what they think they are supposed to be sending you.

Blue Angel was, as far as I understood it, to be a subscriber / forbidden planet only issue. However, it is a available to ANYONE via the Eaglemoss site. So go get em boys (but only after I confirm I have received mine) :)

Finally, Country of Origin, I asked Eaglemoss again today (because I don't believe a word they say) just where exactly the figures were made and you will never believe what they told me this time......they told me....... Go on guess.....please have a guess.

£100 prize to first correct answer drawn out of the straw hat..

Answers on a post card please to:

Eaglemoss Figurine Manufacturing Plant

Beach Hut 32

East Shore Road

Ang Bang Dop

THAILAND

Scythe, put the postcard and pen away: that last bit about £100 was a joke @loll@

But they are apparently made in Thailand.

Damn, I was looking forward to scoring £100 :(

I'm not surprised if they're made there of thereabout ... theres no way they're gonna let them be made in some sue-happy place like UK or US that have silly laws regarding work conditions

Gaius - Yeah I know what you mean about the fariants but IMO for it to remain plausable they need to have some incentive. I know I'll buy any variant ... cause it's the way I am. A lot of people are the same but a helluva lot aren't. They may get pissed off at cheesy money-making scams and drop the series alltogether. People need to feel like they're getting value for money and the exact same fig for the same price with different paint does not make you feel like that (especially with the same mag), enough of that and people will get sick of it. IMO they should have made some minor alterations (e.g. change the wings from feathers to mechanical like archangel) and have a poster instead of a magazine (seeing as you've already got one). Those minor, easy changes would have made the world of difference.

BLUE ANGEL SAGA

IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR A BLUE ANGEL VARIANT

RING EAGLEMOSS NOW

@grumpy@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@ I chased the lack of delivery about 2 weeks ago only to be told that all was well, my order was there and would be despatched with GamSkull and RedBit. Yesterday......2 figs arrive, no Blue Angel so spoke to Emoss today. It seems that when I placed the order way back in October the dolt at the other end failed to process it correctly and another dolt lied to me 2 weeks ago saying that all was well.

Very nice lady sorted this out today and assures me I will recieve my Blue Angel with my NEXT delivery in JANUARY. @grumpy@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@

I also pointed out that there were quite a few errors that I was aware of regarding Red Angels pitching up at subscribers doors instead of the Blue ones. She said that the customer must have placed the order incorrectly! cheek. So for you poor guys out there that have umpteen Red Angels and no Smurf Variant, remember it is your own fault :wacko:

I suggest that if you are expecting a Blue Angel then give Eaglemoss a call 0870 033 1240 and verify just exactly what they think they are supposed to be sending you.

Blue Angel was, as far as I understood it, to be a subscriber / forbidden planet only issue. However, it is a available to ANYONE via the Eaglemoss site. So go get em boys (but only after I confirm I have received mine) :)

Finally, Country of Origin, I asked Eaglemoss again today (because I don't believe a word they say) just where exactly the figures were made and you will never believe what they told me this time......they told me....... Go on guess.....please have a guess.

£100 prize to first correct answer drawn out of the straw hat..

Answers on a post card please to:

Eaglemoss Figurine Manufacturing Plant

Beach Hut 32

East Shore Road

Ang Bang Dop

THAILAND

Scythe, put the postcard and pen away: that last bit about £100 was a joke @loll@

But they are apparently made in Thailand.

Cheers Grim just rang them and a man called Matthew confirmed that it was the blue varient and they requested payment of this from my account on the 7th of this month and said once payment was accepted it would be shipped out. The only thing they messed up was I had requested it be delivered to another house as me and the wife work but they still had my address for delivery, only a minor gripe which I know hope is rectified. Just hope I get it before Christmas.

Ang Bang Dop?????? Was he in the X-Men or is he the confirmed new issue 81? :P

Here you go boys, never one to disappoint.

Have a butchers at my latest variants, still got loads more to do tho.....

Could get a bit expensive....

GAMBIT%20VARIANTS.jpg

DISCLAIMER: This is a joke by the way....just in case @loll@

hehehehehehehe funny grim

also found a custom for gambit

in the mag its after the middle at the top

blue and yellow my favourite colours

may have to sand parts off first

I was really p**sed off when I got in this morning to find that Emoss hadnt updated there website I apreciate that they are showing the next five months of figurines but I need to see more!

On another note if someone has guessed wozzas next custom when are going to see it the pic posted looks great?

has anyone contacted Emoss to determine what the next varient will be?

indeed that almost happened to me when i had to resend my broken plinth back (being lied to @grumpy@ ) tho the lady sounded nervous when i was asking about returning it... Do any of you guys go off on the phone and give them H E double hockey sticks?

i havent contacted eaglemoss about the next variant cause they normally dont tell me i was amazed that MR P got confrimation on Thanos special.

Gambit is one of my fav characters cant wait to get him.

I also really like the artwork on the covers of the mags.

Tho my angel variant mag is still sitting in the plastic it came in (cause if i put it in the folder it will mess up my order @hmmm@

The nature of being a collector means being a completist. That is what I am. It's the reason I have at least five characters in this series that I would not have bought as a casual purchaser. There's thirty quid right there. I want them all but with this collection I don't want just 60 or 80. I want a comprehensive range of the Marvel universe's great and not so great characters.

Unlike Lord of the Rings where there is a relatively small and finite range of characters this has vast potential. For instance the Spider Man villains we have so far are great, but what if we didn't get a Rhino, a Shocker or a Scorpion because the series ended? It would diminish the series in my eyes. I would like a relatively quick decision from EM as to whether they will be continuing to 80 in the first instance. They must have some idea and some sales projections across the several territories they now serve.

Let's not forget once EM draw a line under this series that's it. No-one else is going to come along and provide us with the characters that are missing. When it's over it's over. No-one else is suddenly going to jump in and produce a new series in ten years that picks up from this. That is the real key here. We know how special this collection is to us but its easy to lose sight of the fact that this is probably the greatest representation of the greatest comics characters in popular history. That's how important this series is and why it is important it continues. The contract EM have with Marvel will be key to this too. When does it end? The end of 2008? 2009? It won't be open ended and will need re-negotiation if it is to continue beyond that.

I'm prepared to buy a Leader or Sabretooth if it means I get a Gorgon or a Whirlwind or a Torpedo. I'm prepared to spend out to complete the series. It's about time EM started a dialogue with its subscribers to work out where we go from here. It's time they did more market research.

ok i found out from phase that thanos was going to be the next special and coming from phase thats gotta be right

than someone sent an email who posted their reply where it was confirmed that thanos was the next special sooo.............

gonna email em again and see what info i get.

-Mr P-

ok i found out from phase that thanos was going to be the next special and coming from phase thats gotta be right

than someone sent an email who posted their reply where it was confirmed that thanos was the next special sooo.............

gonna email em again and see what info i get.

-Mr P-

Hi all, just had this responce via email......

Dear Mr. .........,

Thank you for your mail.

We here at Eaglehorse have been closely monitoring the Toy News International Classic Marvel Figurine Collection forum and have noticed some upset in recent days.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to confirm that to try and ease the tension Eaglehorse are planning to release a new G.I. Joe Real American Hero figurine collection, it will feature all of the favourite characters from this series and will last aproximately 2 (two) issues.

However the Far supierior Marvel collection will now go up to 250 issues.

Kind regards

Eaglehorse

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

p.s Only joking

This is my last post on this forum, I would like say say a big thankyou to all at TNI for the chance to be part of this microcosm of MARVEL knowledge.

I will not take this opportunity to advertise the NEW Marvel Figs Forum that has started elsewhere, that would be unfair.

If you have an interest in MARVEL figures by Eaglemoss then please continue to frequent my site for latest news etc.

Once again, Thank You and Goodnight.

This is my last post on this forum, I would like say say a big thankyou to all at TNI for the chance to be part of this microcosm of MARVEL knowledge.

I will not take this opportunity to advertise the NEW Marvel Figs Forum that has started elsewhere, that would be unfair.

If you have an interest in MARVEL figures by Eaglemoss then please continue to frequent my site for latest news etc.

o see that new forum it sounds great i wonder who made it lol @loll@

o see that new forum it sounds great i wonder who made it lol @loll@

hehe funny that was