The Classic Marvel Figurine Collection

J D M C

Hi open message to (you know who you are) as expected I got your PM this morning, I have to say it was a bit pot calling kettle black when you accused me of stirring up trouble, after all it wasn’t me who led to the demise of this topic, it wasn’t me who caused the members of this topic to up sticks and start a successful form elsewhere.

The reason I came on this forum was as stated else ware (though it might have been removed by now) was to guide people who wanted to talk about this fine collection to a place where like minded souls could meet and have a laugh and joke. Strange and maybe its a coincidence that the first of my postings to be removed was when I spoke of reduced hits affecting your sponsorship.

I don’t think this is a crappy site (your words not mine) and will continue to visit and read what is being said on various forums, and yes on this computer it may seem I only visit one but I do have a look round some of the others. This forum is the only one that made my blood boil due to the treatment of certain members, remind me again – how many pages trouble free did it run before YOU caused the problem, and MODS please don’t think this is a personal attack on one of your numbers, as always I am just trying to put my points across in a truthful manner, I haven’t swore or asked anyone to kiss you know the rest, I don’t think I have conducted a hate campaign I have simply stated the facts as I see them, don’t know about over their but in my country that is not a crime yet

There are many sites covering these figures all around the world in many different languages I happened to chose to direct past members to the English speaking new sites set up by the former members of this forum, places where you can get insider knowledge of upcoming events within the Marvel world don’t believe me, where on here does it tell you about the next special complete with pictures that aren’t on the Marvel site yet or the next special special that will be revealed in the next week or so that’s right no where as you alienated the guys who were giving you that information and a very fine job you done to it needn’t of come to this indeed it shouldn’t of come to this but it has and so instead of raving over the next set of figures we are reduced to writing long letters about am I or am I not causing trouble or trying to seek justice, which at the end of the day is not going to happen because the damage has been done so maybe I am fighting a lost cause.

Now if I’m lying about any of the statements I made above then show me the proof and I will eat humble pie if I am not lying then let me continue pointing out the wrongs that I perceive to have been done and let the people decide for themselves where they want to go to discuss the figures.

The first step would be to leave this post up for anyone who wants to see it and if they want to make a reply to it and tell me I’m wrong then I will listen to the voice of the people , as for your other statement about if the other forum is so good why don’t I join it – well I will do that but not till my work here is done, as a non member of the other forum I feel I can speak on here without a hidden agenda - if I was a member of the other forum you could dismiss my words as someone touting for members and that is not what I’m about.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While the above has some obvious incorrect information, I'm only going to say this:

This thread is remaining open to discuss the Classic Marvel Figurines. It is NOT remaining open to keep beating a dead horse. So please stop with the finger pointing and get on with discussing the Figurines. Continuing to do otherwise will just get the thread locked. How is that going to help anyone that enjoys these figurines?

Thank you.

While the above has some obvious incorrect information, I'm only going to say this:

This thread is remaining open to discuss the Classic Marvel Figurines. It is NOT remaining open to keep beating a dead horse. So please stop with the finger pointing and get on with discussing the Figurines. Continuing to do otherwise will just get the thread locked. How is that going to help anyone that enjoys these figurines?

Thank you.

So which figurines do you have then I have got all up until Namor #36

So which figurines do you have then I have got all up until Namor #36

I don't have any of the figurines.....yet. Looks like Diamond is sending these out to LCS in the USA now so they should become more affordable for us. Unfortunately, there's no LCS in this city so I'll have to rely on USA-based online webstores.

The figurines really do look great!

BTW....Ryno has done some great reviews and has posted a thread here: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2029787

According to the owner at my LCS, they should be getting 4 figures monthly from Diamond. Whatever Diamond did, they are getting them through.

• 1 month later...
tumbleweed.gif

Hey GR! Nice to see ya around buddy!

Sorry Jase, rude of me not to respond earlier, it's nice to see that you are still up and forum-ing. I pop back here now and again to see how it is going. Sad things went pear shaped but such is life...also know that it wasn't really down to you so wish you well. I fully appreciate just how difficult it is to admin a forum!

We still get the latest scoops from EM and this series seems to be getting better every issue. EM are doing a cracking job overall, just a bit slack in places with distribution, timing and repaints.(not everyone is happy about these).

Anyway, you know where we are, always welcome to pop in for info.

cya around

TGR

www.marvelcustoms.co.uk

wow! Those replies are really stupid. Pencils have lead ##$%$#s. Anyway, yeah. Some Comic Book Stores in the US have them. I got Blade. They look really great dont they!

Sorry thegalorian, is this in the right thread or am i dreaming about pencils and lead and ##$%$#s @loll@ ???

The figures are awesome and this collection is getting better all the time. Have you collected other E moss figs?

If any one of you fine gents could let me know when/ if a Rhino one gets released, I would be forever grateful.

Also, I will need to know where to get him. From what I've seen, I have a lot of them to get. As I have come to this line late, I wanted to start off w/ my fave and go from there. Thanks in advance...

wow! Those replies are really stupid. Pencils have lead ##$%$#s. Anyway, yeah. Some Comic Book Stores in the US have them. I got Blade. They look really great dont they!

Sorry thegalorian, is this in the right thread or am i dreaming about pencils and lead and ##$%$#s @loll@ ???

The figures are awesome and this collection is getting better all the time. Have you collected other E moss figs?

Hi Rhinoman....RHINO should be out by end of 2007, lots of specials and variants between now and then. Check out my website and other foums for up to date info. @wink@

• 2 months later...

Well it looks like I just jumped on the Marvel figurine collection band wagon! I picked up Thanos online today and was looking at a few more. I want to get a Hulk (hes my favorite!) and maybe try and pick up a set for a discounted price. Is there anyone I should stay away from(kinda hard to look through 140 + pages to see if theres a bad review of one)? Thor looks like a must! I hear (from an above post) theres a warlock? Any pics? Sorry for all these questions. I just got into them and I'm excited :D

Nice site btw Grimm Reaper! Very helpful! Full of pics!

Well it looks like I just jumped on the Marvel figurine collection band wagon! I picked up Thanos online today and was looking at a few more. I want to get a Hulk (hes my favorite!) and maybe try and pick up a set for a discounted price. Is there anyone I should stay away from(kinda hard to look through 140 + pages to see if theres a bad review of one)? Thor looks like a must! I hear (from an above post) theres a warlock? Any pics? Sorry for all these questions. I just got into them and I'm excited :D

Nice site btw Grimm Reaper! Very helpful! Full of pics!

Hi Kvan welcome to this board, glad to hera you are into the CMFC, it is a growing community.

There are several sites to get the info, you have found my website already, and other forums. I'm not here to poach but have a read through earlier posts to get some top info.

As for getting figs from elsewhere. There are sellers on ebay blatantly selling figurines that they do not own and figs which are not due out for months but no warning on pre-order sales. www.superherofigureforum.com has sections on sales/wants plus members who have spare figs for sale. Also there is a growing market for customised figures, so if you have a talent for repainting and remodelling we would all love to see.

#grim#

Hi im new here so i want to say hi to evey one. this is my first time posting pics to so i hope it works. I just want to know has any one else got the first issue of The classic marvel figurine collection i dont know if it going to come out in the states. You get a book on facts about marvel characters and a figurine cast in lead. There are over 20 figs to get each on is hand painted and numberad.The detail is very good on them to.the first book cost 4.50 euro and the next one will cost 7.99euro. If you have some Q's i'll try give you the A's

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...=10001642vw.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...=10001615cm.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...=10001628fh.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...=10001637ww.jpg

Hi im new here so i want to say hi to evey one. this is my first time posting pics to so i hope it works. I just want to know has any one else got the first issue of The classic marvel figurine collection i dont know if it going to come out in the states. You get a book on facts about marvel characters and a figurine cast in lead. There are over 20 figs to get each on is hand painted and numberad.The detail is very good on them to.the first book cost 4.50 euro and the next one will cost 7.99euro. If you have some Q's i'll try give you the A's

I have most of the figurines and the books plus limited editions of the jugernsut, hulk, and spiderman. They are beautiful to look at.

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...=10001642vw.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...=10001615cm.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...=10001628fh.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...=10001637ww.jpg

Hi Rhinoman....RHINO should be out by end of 2007, lots of specials and variants between now and then. Check out my website and other foums for up to date info. @wink@

Cool & thanks. I'll keep checking your site to keep tabs on who's coming & going.

Sorry thegalorian. I missed the relevance of your post but will now correct you. Pencils are NOT lead, they are graphite which is another form of Carbon, where the atoms link together in flat "platelets" which can slide across one anotther and that is why Graphite is added to lubricants; as opposed to Diamond (another form (allotrope) of Carbon structure) where the atoms are joined together to form a tetrahedral structure. Lead and Carbon are two completely different elements within the Periodic Table. AND to be perfectly accurate these figurines are NOT lead, they are what is more commonly known as White Metal which is a metallic compound with a high lead content but containing to varying degrees Tin, Bismuth, Antimony and sometimes Copper.

End of Chemistry for Beginners. Can we now move on to more serious things like this figurine collection. @loll@