The Classic Marvel Figurine Collection

J D M C

I had a similar problem with the Hulk Special which turned up separated at the waist. The only other one I had trouble with was Elektra with those damn fiddly daggers but they straightened out OK thankfully. Apart from that I've had no problem. I was getting my subscription a good couple of weeks after some of you for a while too but seem to have fallen into line now. Nothing more irritating than waiting for a figure and then find out some of you lot had already had it for ages. I don't want to haer how good it is. I just want it!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, well havent we bin a quite bunch suddenly coming up for a breather hallo to all my fellow newbies and heres to an execellent collection,site,forum and group of people who have let us see what was forthcoming and how to do some brilliant customs and to think in 3 weeks well have a venom "happy,happy,joy,joy" :)

Just thinking aloud but I was wondering earlier (while dusting the figures) how much it costs to produce each one right from development, sculpting etc to manufacture and distribution. I read in Comics International that the first issue with Spider Man which was everywhere and cost the introductory £2.99 in the UK sold over 100,000 copies. Now that circulation will have come down significantly I know but it's obviously still cost effective as the increase in issues to 80 form 60 indicates.

I wonder if they could produce whole sets of figures at a cost effective price? Personally I'd quite like the original Lee & Kirby X-Men in the yellow and black kit or the original Avengers. We have Thor, but we would need an origin Iron Man and Hulk and Ant-Man & Wasp. Cap came a couple of issues later of course.

I know: pie in the sky but I'd really be interested if they did produce full sets of some of the original teams. :-(

post-9336-1161302202_thumb.jpg

Great reply to Scythe’s comment about walking in cities at night Grim Reaper. Even I must admit that the forum has veered slightly off track (put a bunch of South Africans together and the topic always seems to veer in the same direction)

Must say I am worried, with only 2500 to 5000 “blue Angle’s” floating around are their going to be enough for the rest of the world (Germany, France, South Africa, USA) by the time we get to that point in the collection. I would like to keep my collection as complete as possible and don’t want to loose out on any variants.

Only problem I have had with broken figures is a bit of paint chipped off Doc Dooms cape, but the mags do often end up being a bit creased and bent. Personally I would rather pay a bit more for delivery and have my stuff arrive in good condition.

Cant wait to see the Venom pics on this forum as you can see from my log in name I’m a big Venom fan.

Hijack! ;)

anyway still waiting for the postman to ring the bell (hopefully twice so i hear the darn thing)

so i should get Colouss (cant spell) angel and black panther as well as a folder and stand...

its like xmas all over again ;)

the figure im most looking forward to is venom (he looks amazing) and after that Galatucus!

welcome to everybody as well.

_EDIT_ rocking got my delivery right as i posted this. didnt get my stand or folder but did get angel colouss and black panther. No damages :) (expect some of my mags are a bit bent but im definalty not complaining)

so now i have 5 figures without a stand to put them on @grumpy@

I haven't got my plinth or binder either (luckily I had a spare of both so it's not that much of a problem for me).

Phoned them about it and appaently they're waiting for new stock cause they've sold out. Not exactly good planning/timing is it? Just as issues 31/31 come out and it's time for a new binder/plinth. Somebody in stock management needs to have a good talking to.

Well have just rang FP and pre ordered 2 Variant Angels ...they also told me the Colossus I order from them would be posted today/Monday

So will have 2 Colossus then 1 for Astoning Team and 1 for Classic team

Order 2 variants so I can sell 1 on ebay .. however if anyone has any trouble getting 1 will post when they arrive .

FP said it was a pre-order only and unlike emoss you only get charged when th item is despatched .... have bought few figurines from FP to do my customs and they are very good figurine has always arrived 2/3 days after they have taken the money

Big Welcome to everyone joining us here

Ive been reading this topic for quite a while now and thought it was time to post a comment

Im a subscriber but seem to be behind in my issues

most of you seem to be recieving your black panthers and angels but i havent even yet got my sandman or ultron is anyone else this far behind

I think this an excellent collection and i cant wait till i get my collosus and when is eaglemoss gonna update there site i really wanna see nightcrawler :D

welcome to all newcomers

i should by the start of november have black panth, angel, colossus, varient, spidey special

why havent eaglemoss updated yet by the time they do update we'll be well past them

A Spidey special?? Have I missed something here? What Spidey special?

the "rooftop" spidey free with your subscription (after/on your third delivery) [worth 15quid] a really nice figure i must say.

SPIDERMAN%20S1_DxO.jpg

thanks to Grim Reaper for the pic :)

my good deed for the day :)

The only figurine I've had damaged in the post was Mr Fantastic, who's extended arm was a bit over extended! It's amazed me so far that was the only one damaged, considering the state of the boxes most weeks! They look like Hulk himself has delivered them!

What are peoples favourite figurines so far, outside of the specials? Mine would have to be Doc Ock, Kraven (a character I cared little for) and Rogue who, after seeing the paint job on the eaglemoss website and the pics you guys posted I was dreading! But she turned out real good! I seem to be a month behind some of you (I received Rogue/Panther last week), so I'm wondering if they are done in batches?

I'm hoping Iceman and Gambit go the way of Rogue as well and turn out alot better than the preview pics!

email from FP when I asked how to order variant Angel

This item D4455 is not available to order from the website. You can order two of them. You can order by phone on 01621 877222 Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm.

Favorite fig so far hmmm ..... Colossus

non special is a real toughie

But Spiderman and Cap America both seem to suit there poses better than the others

@yipee@ Colossus is favorite by a country mile ... the character is my fav .... the pose is good ... and the paintwork is excellent

As for broken figuirnes

Spidey special now comes in 3 pieces and Black Panther is loosing his right hand

The rest are fine and I get mine from the newsagents

Please please emoss update the site this weekend

or better update it x mas eve with the full line up :)

My fav figs so far are mephisto, iron man and i quite like punisher

bits of Paint has came of a few of my figs but its easy to paint over i suppose just as long as i get the right paints

fav special will probally be collosus when i get him because evryone says the detail is amazing i just cant wait till i get him wich should be soon (fingers crossed ) lol

I read a few pages back that eaglemoss was aware of a number websites about the collection

that attracted alot of interest. With all the talk of the the line-up possibily being increased to

80 or even 100 characters, I was wondering whether Grim could put a poll on his website

(similar to the age/sex one) where we could vote for what additional characters we would like

to see?

I'm sure we could come up with at least 40 additional characters on this forum between, then

spend a few weeks voting and pass the results onto eaglemoss? If they see how much interest

there is and the characters which are attracting the most interest it might push them in the

right direction?

For one I'd like to see: Vulture, Electro, Scorpion, Kingpin, Silver Samurai, Mr. Sinister,

Omega Red, Jubilee, Toad, Banshee, Bishop..... I could go on!!

What do you guys thing? Is that something you'd be interested in Grim??

I read a few pages back that eaglemoss was aware of a number websites about the collection

that attracted alot of interest. With all the talk of the the line-up possibily being increased to

80 or even 100 characters, I was wondering whether Grim could put a poll on his website

(similar to the age/sex one) where we could vote for what additional characters we would like

to see?

I'm sure we could come up with at least 40 additional characters on this forum between, then

spend a few weeks voting and pass the results onto eaglemoss? If they see how much interest

there is and the characters which are attracting the most interest it might push them in the

right direction?

For one I'd like to see: Vulture, Electro, Scorpion, Kingpin, Silver Samurai, Mr. Sinister,

Omega Red, Jubilee, Toad, Banshee, Bishop..... I could go on!!

What do you guys thing? Is that something you'd be interested in Grim??

yeah i think thats a good idea

you up for it grim???

i cant come up with 40 figs so my 20 figs i would want made are:

Vulture,

Electro,

Scorpion,

Jubilee,

Banshee,

Bishop,

Moon Knight,

Prowler,

Doctor Demonicus,