The Classic Marvel Figurine Collection

J D M C

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, thanks for the welcome messages.

Just a thought on specials......I wouldn't mind seeing a special of the Invisible Woman made from clear resin rather than lead. I think this would compliment the other FF characters and would lok great.

As a subscriber I have kept a list of when the models have arrived to my home. My MEPHISTO and CYCLOPS arrived 28 July followed by ULTRON and SANDMAN on the 18 August. Based on this I should be getting both Mr FANTASTIC AND ROGUE any day now. As soon as they come I will post images to my site at www.freewebs.com/grimreaper1664

Have a look at the images on there so far and let me know what you think.

IMHO Mr Fantastic looks a bit odd, maybe a few minutes in the oven and a pair of pliers may allow me to "modify" the pose and stretch other limbs and maybe his neck!

It is a shame that EAGLEMOSS seem to be very sluggish in updating their website, the juggernaut pop-up is getting a bit tedious

Cheers guys (and gals)

TGR

i like both the mr fan so i think i may get 2 n do a white version n leave 1 black

i hope we do get an update soon n the colossus pop up comes up soon cos its just borin now

Grim Reaper your site is great, ur photos really bring out the colours in the models. have you thought about using backdrops (e.g. brickwork) you could make some really interesting group scenes.

I want to repaint my mr. fantastic as well, has anyone thought about repainting the human torch into the uniform and just have bit of fire off him. i think that would be cool @smiletransform@

S2010004.jpg

There are just so many captions that jump to mind…..

And all of them very, very wrong…..

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ Hahahahahahahahaha! Bloody Hilarious

My captions would be:-

sue.jpg

Doom.jpg

@firedevil@ Sorry peeps couldn't resist! @loll@

Grim Reaper your site is great, ur photos really bring out the colours in the models. have you thought about using backdrops (e.g. brickwork) you could make some really interesting group scenes.

I want to repaint my mr. fantastic as well, has anyone thought about repainting the human torch into the uniform and just have bit of fire off him. i think that would be cool @smiletransform@

y dont you try reapintin him??

grimmlord i gotta admit i only realised what you meant when i saw those captions lol

im slow i know

are subscribers gettin our mr fan n rogue figs next week or this week??

someone mentioned earlier about the lord of the rings figurines having swords , so am on lookout for one of those .

woza - don't want to disappoint you , but the LOTR figures aren't in the same scale ...

Fired up by your idea of using Magneto plus a LOTR hand/sword combo , I looked through the figure gallery on http://www.lotr-models.co.uk/ , and thought the Gondorian Soldier seemed the best bet ... until I looked at the relative height of the figures ...

Gondorian Soldier is 62mm high , Magneto is 88mm . Roughly , the LOTR figures are 65mm scale , the Marvel ones 90mm scale ( ie : larger again by about 50% ) . This would probably make the sword look a lot more like a fierce dagger ... !

someone mentioned earlier about the lord of the rings figurines having swords , so am on lookout for one of those .

woza - don't want to disappoint you , but the LOTR figures aren't in the same scale ...

Fired up by your idea of using Magneto plus a LOTR hand/sword combo , I looked through the figure gallery on http://www.lotr-models.co.uk/ , and thought the Gondorian Soldier seemed the best bet ... until I looked at the relative height of the figures ...

Gondorian Soldier is 62mm high , Magneto is 88mm . Roughly , the LOTR figures are 65mm scale , the Marvel ones 90mm scale ( ie : larger again by about 50% ) . This would probably make the sword look a lot more like a fierce dagger ... !

Gonna have to find some other way then , Hmmmmmmmmmmm

just not sure at all ,

Not too sure whether or not to paint Mr Fan , I know i do not want 2 of him , so will wait to see how Sue turns out then decide , Kinda like the black and blue look .

Still no official word about Colossus or the Angel Variant come on FP and Emoss the wait is killing me.

I want descent pics of both NOW.

S2010004.jpg

There are just so many captions that jump to mind…..

And all of them very, very wrong…..

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ Hahahahahahahahaha! Bloody Hilarious

My captions would be:-

sue.jpg

Doom.jpg

@firedevil@ Sorry peeps couldn't resist! @loll@

04%20THING%20undies1.jpg

Thing always was a bit of a grumpy spoilsport…..

HI All,

The 'postie' has just been & I got my 'Mr Fantastic' & 'Rogue' today. 'Mr Fantastic' looks quite good, however 'Rogue' is not all that! The paint applications on her face are quite poor but the rest of the figurine is OK.

I also got a letter with these two advising the next special 'Colossus' will be sent out with the next two figurines, so I can not wait to get these three although no pics of him!!!

IMP77.

HI All,

The 'postie' has just been & I got my 'Mr Fantastic' & 'Rogue' today. 'Mr Fantastic' looks quite good, however 'Rogue' is not all that! The paint applications on her face are quite poor but the rest of the figurine is OK.

I also got a letter with these two advising the next special 'Colossus' will be sent out with the next two figurines, so I can not wait to get these three although no pics of him!!!

IMP77.

Hi all, I too receieved Reed and Rogue and concur that Reed looks fine but some of the painting on Rogue is a bit hit and miss. I wonder also if Eaglemoss have change manufacturer at all. The reason I say this is that the unique item numbers on the base have changed; the earlier models had just a name and number but now they have the name in various languages plus the number.............just a thought. Anyway, below is a ROGUE pic and you can see more at www.freewebs.com/grimreaper1664 . Checkout the ROGUES GALLERY and I have also added RR to the figurine album.

29%20ROGUE_DxO.jpg

WWW.freewebs.com/grimreaper1664

p.s. Quote of the day:

Accountant came into the office just as I was photographing RR..

Accountant-"Who is that?"

TGR-"Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four"

Accountant-"Is that by Enid Blyton then?"

TGR -"?????????"

HI All,

IMP77.

Hi all, I too receieved Reed and Rogue and concur that Reed looks fine but some of the painting on Rogue is a bit hit and miss. I wonder also if Eaglemoss have change manufacturer at all. The reason I say this is that the unique item numbers on the base have changed; the earlier models had just a name and number but now they have the name in various languages plus the number.............just a thought. Anyway, below is a ROGUE pic and you can see more at www.freewebs.com/grimreaper1664 . Checkout the ROGUES GALLERY and I have also added RR to the figurine album.

29%20ROGUE_DxO.jpg

p.s. Quote of the day:

Accountant came into the office just as I was photographing RR..

Accountant-"Who is that?"

TGR-"Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four"

Accountant-"Is that by Enid Blyton then?"

TGR -"?????????"

I think maybe the reason they have different languages on the bottom is because these figurines have been or will be released in those countries, by the names they are known by in those countries. When it was first released it was only the name in english and the number due it only being released here in the UK.

I'm waiting for my Sandman & Mr Fantastic figs. Should be here in a few days (COOL!) I hope that when I get Rogue she'll have a decent paint job on her....Angsombre should definately have a job painting the figs at Eaglemoss!

@firedevil@

HI All,

IMP77.

29%20ROGUE_DxO.jpg

love the figurine, great costume and pose but what the hells goin on with that face? seriousley its awful. can we expect bad faces for the rest of the female figurines like we have with black cat and phoenix?

HI All,

IMP77.

29%20ROGUE_DxO.jpg

love the figurine, great costume and pose but what the hells goin on with that face? seriousley its awful. can we expect bad faces for the rest of the female figurines like we have with black cat and phoenix?

I'd definately sack her make-up artist @smilepunch@ ! Jesus look at them eye brows! Them tweezers sure did a lawnmower job on them! :o

@firedevil@