Sigma Six Is In!

The Superfly

Can someone please lock this thread or at least set up a seperate area for Sukma Dix so it will not pollute our 3 3/4" forum?

Sigh...

This is one of the reasons I set up a separate forum for the new line and series.

Sigma 6 Central

The website Sigma6Central.com goes live tomorrow.

Just think of this like Marvel's Ultimate line of books-- another take on a familar theme.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still on the fence about these. At first I really hated them, but the more I saw of them the more I started liking the designs. I really want to see them in person before i decide anything for certain. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to afford the whole line, but may pick up Duke and the CC later if it turns out that i do like them.

I'm still on the fence about these. At first I really hated them, but the more I saw of them the more I started liking the designs. I really want to see them in person before i decide anything for certain. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to afford the whole line, but may pick up Duke and the CC later if it turns out that i do like them.

Im in the same boat as you. At first I hated the idea, in package they look intruiging, but I still want to see them up close.

AND THE SUCKIN' HAS BEGUN!!

awwwwagain3cr.png

@smilepunch@

I dont hate sigma six. Im looking forward to the cartoon this weekend. And the figures do look neat. But why would I spend money on those figures when there are still 3 3/4 figures out there that I need??? vintage and current.

Phanstar

I love the cartoon but wish they would  still make 3/4 inch figs3

for the cartoon :mellow:

They kinda are, here are some links Jay posted sometime back.

If you don't like Sigma 6, why post about it on a Sigma 6 thread? It's like you feel a need to force your negative opinions on people that have no interest in hearing them.

I've been a GI Joe fan since my childhood (early 70s), so I've probably got a longer history with the brand than a lot of people. I gobbled up the 3.75" stuff when it came out, but I didn't mourn the death of the 12" stuff.

You don't like the new Sigma 6 scale and concept? Don't buy it. Don't watch the show. You still have the 3.75" line which seems to be in pretty good hands right now. Leave Sigma 6 for people that might enjoy it. Don't ruin their fun.

I, for one, am as excited about Sigma 6 as I as am for the DTC stuff. Does this mean I'm less of a Joe fan? Just the opposite. I enjoy the characters so much that I'm interested to seem them in other formats and in other storytellers' hands. I realize the GI Joe universe is bigger than my personal views of it, and I'm always excited and curious to see what it can be in other hands and minds.

Leo did it correctly on JBL when he set up a seperate forum for this garbage. To me, Sukma Dix is about like the stuff that your body rejects whenever you eat. It pollutes the main Gi Joe forum.

You people fuss at me, well too bad, I hate the stuff and will not be shy about it.

y its still gijoe, its like saying 12' should have its own section???? not needed, if you dont like sigma 6 then here's a tip, bypass the threads that mention it in the title.

Awwwww...MAN!

Joe chats gonna SUCK big time now!!!

@smilepunch@

think of how I have felt for the past year! @lol@

it aint fun when everybody likes something you know sucks

I'm not really planning on collecting Sigma toys (hardly have room for all my 3 3/4 inch lines and I don't plan on picking up some new incompatible scale), but after seeing the cartoon preview and the toys, I really hope they do well. I don't really think of them as Joe, but as their own thing - seperate from anything I'm interested in. As far as collecting, I treat them the same way I do Marvel Legends and most other 6 inch+ scale products. Neat, but not something I'm going to get into.

Whether we as Joe fans like them or not, these Sigma figures are some pretty nice toys, and not even close to the worst thing to bear the G.I. Joe name. I'd go so far as to say they're much better than a lot of the neon, super-heroish crap that's been put out under the 3 3/4 inch banner (Sand-scorpion? Action attack Kamakura? That bee-themed Cobra flying pod with pee-yellow bowl viper?). Frankly I'd rather have something new and different that bears the Joe name, but keeps up the standard of conceptual quality, then have the same old, same old done poorly - which is pretty much the majority of what we've had at retail since the end of Spy Troops (and a good portion before that blew too). Heck, I think the last round of figures most consistent in spirit (if not form) to vintage Joe were the T-crotch Joe vs. Cobra waves. If not for those pesky T's they'd be some of the best Joes ever to me. Everything after that has been so inconsistent, it's like the designers have been working for six different lines and just using Joe as a catch-all for their second string concepts.

I can't say I agree with how Hasbro handled this whole affair (hiatus, Sigma announcement, et al), but so long as products aimed at 3 3/4 inch collectors are still available in some form - and more collector friendly at that - I can deal with it.

Hoard, I still say don't count on it being that way for long. 3 3/4" Gi Joe is on it's last leg thanks to this garbage. It's simple, should Sukma Six be a hit, then Hasbro will divert the funding from our line to supposedly make Sukma Six better so we lose on that end.

If it tanks, then Hasbro is gonna claim Joe as a whole is causing them to lose profits so it gets axed that way too. Either way, our line is doomed.

If you don't like Sigma 6, why post about it on a Sigma 6 thread? It's like you feel a need to force your negative opinions on people that have no interest in hearing them.

I've been a GI Joe fan since my childhood (early 70s), so I've probably got a longer history with the brand than a lot of people. I gobbled up the 3.75" stuff when it came out, but I didn't mourn the death of the 12" stuff.

You don't like the new Sigma 6 scale and concept? Don't buy it. Don't watch the show. You still have the 3.75" line which seems to be in pretty good hands right now. Leave Sigma 6 for people that might enjoy it. Don't ruin their fun.

I, for one, am as excited about Sigma 6 as I as am for the DTC stuff. Does this mean I'm less of a Joe fan? Just the opposite. I enjoy the characters so much that I'm interested to seem them in other formats and in other storytellers' hands. I realize the GI Joe universe is bigger than my personal views of it, and I'm always excited and curious to see what it can be in other hands and minds.

Amen!!!

I got one today, when you get them, you will understand....

Hoard, I still say don't count on it being that way for long. 3 3/4" Gi Joe is on it's last leg thanks to this garbage. It's simple, should Sukma Six be a hit, then Hasbro will divert the funding from our line to supposedly make Sukma Six better so we lose on that end.

If it tanks, then Hasbro is gonna claim Joe as a whole is causing them to lose profits so it gets axed that way too. Either way, our line is doomed.

I hear ya, really I do. It's just that I can seperate my opinion of the Sigma Six toys (the physical product) from my opinion of how Hasbro has been handling the overall Joe franchise (and the 3 3/4 inch scale of it in particular). My gripes (and I have many) have more to do with the overall planning and execution (no pun intended) of the property, not just Sigma Six, though that's certainly a part of it.

On it's own, I think Sigma Six has a lot of merit (both the physical toys and the overall concept), and it MAY be the first intelligent, coordinated approach to the Joe property we've seen since the vintage days. Maybe... What troubles me is the road Hasbro took to get there, and the still haphazard execution they seem to be following.

After watching the preview of the cartoon and seeing all the new DTC toys, it's pretty clear to me that the cartoon was originally supposed to tie into the 3 3/4 inch product line - but someone decided to make a shift to the new scale at some point after a lot of work on the 3 3/4 toys had already been done. In my opinion, this kind of schizo decision making has plagued the line since the early 90's; instead of choosing a serious, high quality, substantive creative vision and staying the course (BBI knows what this means - even Lanard and Chap Mei have figured it out), Hasbro thinks they need to jump on every god-awful badnwagon that comes along, even if doing so pisses on the very things that make Joe great.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this has all the hallmarks of design by committee and a true lack of understanding about what makes G.I. Joe a true classic American toy. I mean, in the cartoon, they switched the American flag to a UN flag! Hello? A shameful political and marketing sell-out - understandable perhaps to the bean-counting profiteers, but a disgrace to the heritage of G.I. Joe. People who approve and implement something like this simply don't "get" Joe's strengths. And that's just one example. I could cite a whole LOT more.

So, don't make the mistake of thinking I'm happy about Sigma Six's arrival, small Joes' diminishing presence, or Hasbro's decision making. I'm not. I just think the Sigma toys are pretty good in their own right and deserve a fair shot as much as any other boys' action toy line.

instead of choosing a serious, high quality, substantive creative vision and staying the course (BBI knows what this means - even Lanard and Chap Mei have figured it out), Hasbro thinks they need to jump on every god-awful badnwagon that comes along, even if doing so pisses on the very things that make Joe great.

This single sentence sums up Hasbro's problem with the 3 3/4" line since the early 90's. Good Job Hoard-Ak for hitting the proverbial nail on the head!

Personaly, I really dislike Sigma Six, and I see it going the way of Sgt. Savage and GI Joe Extreme. But if having Sigma Six around means we collectors continue to get DTC product in the quality we have been, without seeing Duke, Snake Eyes, and Cobra Commander in every other wave, then I wish it well (even though as I said, I don't see it lasting very long).

My only thought is, after Sigma Six tanks, what will Hasbro do next and will they finally learn from their mistakes rather than repeating them?

I'm Still waiting for the superfly to post some pics of his haulage @loll@

I'm actually waiting on your review on the set before I pick them up.

in the cartoon, they switched the American flag to a UN flag! Hello? A shameful political and marketing sell-out - understandable perhaps to the bean-counting profiteers, but a disgrace to the heritage of G.I. Joe. People who approve and implement something like this simply don't "get" Joe's strengths. And that's just one example. I could cite a whole LOT more.

@hmmm@ In the new cartoon they did this?

@grumpy@ There goes any interest in THAT piece of sh@# show! Hasbros really starting to p!ss me off with this communist, anti-American crap!

I'd be interested in seeing how well a boycott could be orchestrated against the show, for that VERY reason alone?

Joe maybe best laid to rest until the current crowd in the Hasbro ranks get lost and turn the franchise back over to some worthy folks with a good solid backbone and love of not only G.I.Joe but country!