Firefly Custom

slewis

After seeing alleyviperelite post pics of his Firefly, I finally got around to painting mine. I've had the parts assembled for a while, I was just too lazy to finish (he was originaly just going to be a repaint VvV FF, but I got more creative). Plus, nintendogs was eating up a lot of my free time. Damn those adorable puppies! Anyway, he's about as finished as he's ever going to get. I would like to replace the knife someday, or maybe alter to sheath, we'll see.

The giant gap in the right leg is a mystery to me, it appeared after everything was finished. The head also bothers me, He can never actually look at the screen on his arm. well, here you go.

ff1.jpg

ffback.jpg

ff2.jpg

ff3.jpg

ffgear.jpg

compare.jpg

I did the accesories at the last minute, just for the hell of it. The last pic is a comparison of my latest custom vs my very first (yes, its gloss enamel, I didn't know any better) just to see how I've improved, if at all.

Parts:

Head - VvV Firefly

Torso - Hi-Tech

Arms - Hard Drive (?)

Waist/Legs - VvV SE

I would never in a million years have chosen those parts, but I can't believe how awesome it looks! I look at those parts and think of Hasbro's failures, but now I'll just look at them and think of your customs. That looks amazing, the color choices and the matte paint are perfect. Well done. #US1#

Nice work man! What paint did you switch to?

I switched to citadel a few months back and have yet to regret it.

Thanks for all the kind feedback. Despite some glaring flaws (the leg, the knife sheath) I think this might be the best custom I've done so far, at least paint-wise. I'm really rather proud of it. :D