Hurricane

General Grievous

well, you all know about the recent hurricane, and i know there are lots of toy realted auctions where the money goes to a place like red cross or some other organization. so my parents are going to donate money, and i asked if i could ebay something and donate it through there. so, i was wondering, is there any place where i can get some expensive as hell toys that will go to red cross. if its star wars, or TFS, or street fighter, that would be ok. i saw an anaking replica, but thats kinda it. maybe one oif those expensive reissues ive wanted. any help would be great. ^^ thanks.

im not sure what you're asking

do you want to buy something really expensive and have the money go to red cross?

or buy something really expensive and send THAT to the red cross? or buy something then sell it to get money to go to the red cross?

Problem with what you are asking is that not all ebay sellers are trustworthy. They'll claim to send the proceeds to the red cross just to get the bidding higher. They may actually only fatten thier wallet. I say if you are that concerned, send the money to the red cross and forgo getting a toy for yourself. That way you know the money went and won't feel guilty for being greedy ( only donating if you can get a toy ).

Problem with what you are asking is that not all ebay sellers are trustworthy. They'll claim to send the proceeds to the red cross just to get the bidding higher. They may actually only fatten thier wallet. I say if you are that concerned, send the money to the red cross and forgo getting a toy for yourself. That way you know the money went and won't feel guilty for being greedy ( only donating if you can get a toy ).

Yup. You're really just taking their word for it, and I wouldn't trust them personally since Ebay sellers can be quite the scummy lot.

If you want to donate, just donate directly to charities you already know will actually help. If you want to buy toys, then go ahead and donate toys. Christmas isn't far off, and there are gonna be a lot of kids this year who won't get anything.

im not bieng greedy. we will donate some money, but if i could get an action figure that i usually couldnt get, basicily for free, i would. but on ebays front page, it shows a list of auctions that go to red cross, you think those are scams?

im not bieng greedy. we will donate some money, but if i could get an action figure that i usually couldnt get, basicily for free, i would. but on ebays front page, it shows a list of auctions that go to red cross, you think those are scams?

That is a bit low to use charity as a chance to get a figure you want for yourself

That is a bit low to use charity as a chance to get a figure you want for yourself

ok, hee is how it is. i donate money to people that need it, and i get a toy in return. otherwise i could donate money and not get a toy. so basicily, i get a toy for free or i dont. its not low, because the person selling the toy obviousily wants to sell it, and wants someone to buy it to help the people at new orleans. low, i guess...well....kinda...but hey, when you were 15, what would your choice be? @smilepunch@

I think Walmart might have some expensvie OP's & Huge SC's.

Other than that, I know Cyber Bishop is from New Orleans, haven't heard from him... but someone else here posted that he is fine... :)

We won't here from The King for a while. I hope he's OK

I checked the "katrina satalite imagry" but the section where he lives is covered by a huge cloud so I cant tell if its covered in water or if its one of the few lucky dry spots :( I sent a PM and talked to others who know him but havent heard anything yet

*keeps fingers crossed*

I know this has nothing to do with the topic but who is "The King" ? I probably dont know him but i hope everyone is ok... god bless everyone

@hmmm@ I'm not sure, I think that's Starscream49? maybe? @hmmm@

no the king is a member who's been around here for a while he just doesnt post too often. he is not SS49........speakin of which.....anyone heard from SS49??? I havent seen any posts from him in a while

Yeah he's floating around still, just doesn't post much on TNI anymore.

As for The King, he used to post on TNI a lot, but then ran off and made his own forums with some other chaps called "The Seacon Swamp". He comes back here mostly to trade stuff now...

• 3 weeks later...

The king Is " Posiden King" i think i ve seen him before. Im in Atlanta , im alright just lost some of my colection due to water damage and MISB stuff i might as well take them out of the box. I wish i would have evacuated to dallas :(. i could have attended BOTCON :(