The Newest Addition To My Joe Air Force

Sephiroth

I finally received my TRU A-10 Thunderbolt that I won for $59 on eBay and I have to admit that I actually like it better than the original Cobra Rattler; it was well worth the money spent. The quality is decent and the paint application is fairly clean. The parts fit like they are supposed to and it was actually easier to build this one than my Japanese Rattlers. The stickers are pretty lame so I didn't apply them, but it doesn't really need them to look good. Overall, this is probably one of the best vehicles ever released that doesn't get mentioned a lot.

1127800722779_A_10_Dio_1.jpg

1127048447849_A_10_Dio_2.jpg

it is a nice piece! i regret selling my 97' stuff off a few years ago! that was one i would like to have back! did you get it MIB? and open it or was it opened already with no sticker applied?

looks good i like your little set up to! do a dio where the version of ace that came with the A-10 gets killed during a cobra raid on the air strip! ;) i hated that ace figure!

TM

It came MISB with the stickers and everything intact. I took a few quick pics of the parts layout like the one below before I assembled it:

1126998010704_A_10_Parts_1A.jpg

Yeah, the Ace figure is pretty cheap-looking, but I don't think I'll have get shot just yet....now the Hawk figure that came with it...he's as good as dead.

The A-10 was the highlight of the 1997 exclusives, probably the only great item among the mostly poorly done lot. What's really whack is that it went for $25, only $5 more than the Cobra Rage repaint. They wanted $15 for the Slugger, too. That one sucked. I got it on clearance.

The A 10 is one of the best vehicles ever. I have been preaching that online since 97! lol It does not get a lot of publicity because there is a extreme lack of them out there. Small number made, and very few sellers make up that formula imo. But yeah the Hawk is horrible but I did like Ace before I sold him. Just glad I have the A 10 still!

Draven

That's sweet! Nice pics of your collection as well!

Maybe some day I'll get a complete version of the Rattler. Either the A-10, or the real deal. I love that plane.

Just a question, but why is it Hasbro always takes Cobras really cool vehicles and gives them to the Joes? Obviously, the A 10 already had that done when it was the Tiger Rat, but now they even got the Moray. Darn Joes, leave my Cobra vehicles alone.

Just a question, but why is it Hasbro always takes Cobras really cool vehicles and gives them to the Joes? Obviously, the A 10 already had that done when it was the Tiger Rat, but now they even got the Moray. Darn Joes, leave my Cobra vehicles alone.

Yeah, I've noticed that too with a lot of Cobra vehicles getting the Joe treatment. It's been stated before by others, but I would love to see a Cobra repaint of the Rolling Thunder...that vehicle looks like something Cobra would have spent the money on to produce or definitely steal from GI Joe.

wow, that is a great looking plane! That's been on my want list for a long long time... thanks for sharing the pics!

You also have a funskool skystriker too! Looks good sitting next to the real ones.

You also have a funskool skystriker too! Looks good sitting next to the real ones.

All three are original Sky Strikers. The one with the white/blue eagle emblems is the Takara Japanese-release version. The other two have been detailed with awesome reproduction stickers made by Ruben J. Reynoso. I have been thinking of adding a Funskool Sky Striker to my collection, but I'm still debating it.

Thanks for the nice compliments on my collection, guys. There's still several other aircraft that I want to add, but I just don't have any more room...unless I start hanging some from the ceiling.

Congrats, I wanted that Plane too, In fact I bid 58$ on it. Oh well Ill get one eventually. Thanks for the Pics and Enjoy it :)

Sorry, man. I didn't realize another TNI member was scoping it out as well. I'm sure you will get one soon though and probably for less than what I paid. I was watching this particular one from the moment it was first listed, but I didn't bid until much later.

Well, I guess I will be adding another Joe aircraft to my fleet:

83_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

I never owned the Ghoststriker X-16, but I remember picking up the box and looking at it while shopping at a local Wal-Mart when I was 14 or 15 years old. I didn't have any money at the time so I had to reluctantly put it back on shelf. I can't remember what it was exactly about this particular vehicle that made me so interested in it, but I never did see another one on the shelf after that. Anyway, I think the GhoststrikerX-16 will be a great addition to my fleet, although I don't think I will be as impressed with it as I currently am with my A-10 Thunderbolt

Hey Seph,

I need the Ace and Hawk if you wanna sell em. PM ME!!!!!

Sorry, but I think I will be keeping both of the figures as my A-10 Thunderbolt just wouldn't feel 100% complete without them.