Binaltech And Alternators Prowl Comparisons

SaLsinger

Hey DarkGundam where were you able to find Decepticharge at? If you don't mind me asking.

Welcome aboard SaLsinger Always nice to see some more VA people around.

I caved and got him from the comic shop when I went to visit my daughter in NY. Cost me 40 bucks, which was well worth it to me. Saves me the headache of hunting.

i like the hasbro one, the little changes really make the car look more "american" i think

What do you mean more American? It's Japanese car...a rebadged Honda Integra, with an Acura RSX badge and smaller rear wing, I don't get how that makes it look more American. @hmmm@

Anyways I think they both look ok as the differences aren't that pronounced, but as stated before I like the BT version a little more. :)

Thanks for the Welcome aboard guys. I got mine off BBTS. Dark Gundam is right. By the time you find Alt Prowl, you would of spent almost the same amount on gas (possibly more). Plus, by ordering from BBTS, it also saved me alot of time and frustration.

Im not saying its impossible to get at retail stores, heck, I picked up WheelJack at TRU by sheer luck when he was just starting to hit US retailers. Good luck guys in finding him.

Other online sources for Alt Prowl (besides ebay and BBTS) would be JRStoyworld.com

I got Alt Prowl for PLAY @loll@ I put My BT prowl safely tucked away in a display cabinet. I hate getting those Binaltechs scratched and chipped. @grumpy@

I believe that, in addition to doing the leg reversal, I'll repaint the baby-blue bits to black. :)

Oh, and I've noticed everyone getting rankled about BT* Alert being the Smokescreen repaint instead of Prowl, and the hubbub over Prowl's blue legs, but...

I don't think I've seen anyone whining about Red Alert's head being a red repaint of Silverstreak's...? Why didn't he get his own head mold, like everyone else?

Wow, you'd think that by now, on a character figure that a lot of people were waiting for that Hasbro would have done it right. Seems like whoever is charge of the TF dept over there doesn't have any clue as to what the TF fans actually want.

Aaron Archer(the guy who claims to made Alternators despite that other magazines and sites says two japanese guys from Takara) is in charge of the TF dept.

Or as I like to call him.......THE DEVIL! Seriously, I can't wait till they offer him a job in the SW dept and let someone else take over TF. And before you say "but AA is a fan, he'll never leave" DDP was a huge fan of GI Joes, but he jumped ship so fast it'd make your head spin. No doubt he makes better money working on SW. Anyways, getting AA out of TF and into SW would kill two birds with one stone. It would remove his influnce from the TF line and he would not be allowed to just whatever struck his fancy with ever watchful eye of the Big L.

Course you may think AA is the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm not to fond of the guy. The changes he brought about in all TF lines is a huge reason I barely buy TF anymore.

looks like the Alt prowl is gunna end up costing more than the BT version due to its 1 per case-ness

its wierd how Alts are usually worth more than Bt's...just take a loot at BT-tracks and BT-meister compaired to their Alternator counterparts

its wierd how Alts are usually worth more than Bt's...just take a loot at BT-tracks and BT-meister compaired to their Alternator counterparts

Probably because the poor stocking at stores makes the alts more difficult to find than the BT's.

Really I don't know if it's the retailers or Hasbro, but whoever is to blame needs to quit it because Hasbro can't sell this stuff if no one can get it.