The Big K

PHAGE

Dude....semantics. I mean really creeper, We care enough to take them in and share our home and food. What difference does it make what I call them. The red cross calls them the "Katrina Displaced Refugees" in the FEMA follow up email to our offering up temporary residence.

How many "American Citizens" are you taking in? If you have any doubt as to how patriotic I feel with regard to these fellow countrymen, Read my post in the Important Topics Thread.

Dude....semantics. I mean really creeper, We care enough to take them in and share our home and food. What difference does it make what I call them. The red cross calls them the "Katrina Displaced Refugees" in the FEMA follow up email to our offering up temporary residence.

How many "American Citizens" are you taking in? If you have any doubt as to how patriotic I feel with regard to these fellow countrymen, Read my post in the Important Topics Thread.

i wasnt trying to make fun of u, i was just saying they r citizens

No one's criticizing you for doing what you're doing, but they aren't refugees. That's all. It's not semantics, just a misused word.

But that doesn't matter - that's really decent of you. Good work!

Point taken. But again I was just referencing the emails description.

Doesn't matter in the end. Don't mean to be cheese, but when it all boils down they are Americans. I should have names soon..so I can stop saying 'them' or 'they'. Sorry to get all overeactive, just pretty passionate with the whole deal.

so you dont even know who these people are? i admire your patriotism and i think it's a real nice thing your doing and all but man i would never do this in a million years! they could be insane? thieves? e-bay scalpers? who knows what else? even if they have clean records do you know how many crimes and murders go unsolved every year? well it's alot im sure, i would never put my family in harms way even if the possibilities were remote that these people would be off balance! i just think this is a bad idea myself! to each his own i guess i just hope any of you other guys that might be considering this think long and hard about it! make sure you know what your jumping into?

TM

i would never do this in a million years! they could be insane? thieves? e-bay scalpers? who knows what else? even if they have clean records do you know how many crimes and murders go unsolved every year? well it's alot im sure, i would never put my family in harms way even if the possibilities were remote that these people would be off balance! i just think this is a bad idea myself! to each his own i guess i just hope any of you other guys that might be considering this think long and hard about it! make sure you know what your jumping into?

TM

I agree! With all the lives I'm responsible for already (family) I don't think I could put THEM in such a uncertain situation, with taking in any of these people.

If I was single or something...maybe, but like you said, you never know for sure. :(

I have to wonder what kind of animals take advantage of such disasters, to go out and rob, rape and attack innocent people and become so unruly, as though they're NATURALLY like this, but keep it in check when law and order is present....where when NOTHINGS around to keep them from doing ANYTHING they want, and all hell breaks loose? <_<

Should a disaster strike my hometown tomorrow, I'd be no less a person of integrity, decency and morals. Stealing from my neighbors because they're now dead and don't need it, or raping the neighbors wife, certainly wouldn't be anywhere in my mind at all. Getting out the guns and shooting away at anything or everything wouldn't be my idea of a fun way to pass the time, till help gets here either.

What kind of people are these....living in our country and calling themselves Americans? @grumpy@

All said and done, I'd be VERY selective in who I invited into my home, with my family.

so you dont even know who these people are? i admire your patriotism and i think it's a real nice thing your doing and all but man i would never do this in a million years! they could be insane? thieves? e-bay scalpers? who knows what else? even if they have clean records do you know how many crimes and murders go unsolved every year? well it's alot im sure, i would never put my family in harms way even if the possibilities were remote that these people would be off balance! i just think this is a bad idea myself! to each his own i guess i just hope any of you other guys that might be considering this think long and hard about it! make sure you know what your jumping into?

TM

I also agree with you TM. Besides the statements you said, your also going to have to spend more money on these people, they may try to take control. They may break your joes :(, the possibilities are unlimited.........

Good points. all. I guess I leapt before I looked. To late to do anything about it now. Already commited. Besides, It's only until I get called out for my volunteer work. Witch is only a little more than two weeks.

There is no way in hell I would leave a few strangers ALONE with my wife, Or in my home. Someone (me) will always be there.

After that, our guests will move on to another host family or our city civic center, Witch has several hundred beds in preparation.

If I am suddenly not heard from over the next few weeks, call in the IG's, my faction of choice @smilepunch@..although big D prolly wont do anything unless some cold hard duckets are involved. Limey merc.

@usa@

i'm sure they're doing some type of screening process for people that are actually moving in with strangers.. at least I hope so.. at anyrate, I envy you.. all I can do is speak with my wallet.. and that's pretty slim as it is... :)

i'm sure they're doing some type of screening process for people that are actually moving in with strangers.. at least I hope so.. at anyrate, I envy you..

the new status symbol to the gijoe collector....no not crimson gaurd army builders.......Refugees!

i cant see it now

snakeyes7001- hey i just picked up 50 new hiss tanks and 76 new crimson guards YAY!

flintlives- so i have a house full of refugees!

snakeeyes7001- I Hate You!

;)

TM

i'm sure they're doing some type of screening process for people that are actually moving in with strangers.. at least I hope so.. at anyrate, I envy you..

the new status symbol to the gijoe collector....no not crimson gaurd army builders.......Refugees!

i cant see it now

snakeyes7001- hey i just picked up 50 new hiss tanks and 76 new crimson guards YAY!

flintlives- so i have a house full of refugees!

snakeeyes7001- I Hate You!

;)

TM

ok...status. And thats just why I do it. @hmmm@

i cant see it now

;)

This is a fantastic idea. We are taking in two refugees. Hope they like joes, because that extra room is my PITT.

http://www.katrinahome.com/index.php

#US1#

I applaud you for what you are doing PHAGE. Im sure they dont mind being called refugees, since thats what they are dubbed on the news. And as long as they have food and shelter, the probably dont give two sh!ts what they are called, as long as it isnt derogatory.