A Question About The Prime Reissue

General Grievous

well, i never had an optimus prime, and i now when takara made the reissue, it wasnt THAT expensive.  Now, they go on ebay for over 100 bux. so im wondering, whats up with the price increase?  and where can i get one for like.....50 bux.

Well you probably got a lot of collectors and scalpers who hoarded as many of them as they could so that doesn't help.

There are a lot of people who STILL don't have one. Remember not everyone has a TRU near them so there's still a high demand for them and that causes the prices to shoot up.

The only way I can see getting one for $50 is if you either get a loose one, one in a damaged box, or get very lucky finding one on ebay that nobody else has bid on.

$100? I'm watching an auction right now for MINT Prime and its at $152 with a day and some hours left. Shoulda picked it up for $100 when you had the chance.

It was $80-100 when I left. I would imagine it would be more now... although there is minor paint chipping that keeps coming back on it. :( Still, $100 is not grossly "steep." But keep your eyes open, opportunities do arise here and there. :)

Which Takara? G1 style or DW bookstyle? DW will set you back around $200 these days. G1 style (first reissue) are quite a bit cheaper though.

Are you serious about the DW ed?! @firedevil@

I saw one close for 160$ recently.

whatts DW.  im talking about the one that says 00 on the box.  its in a folding box, like the saint seiya myth cloths for those that know what im talking about.

DW = Dreamwave :)

o, well, i honestly dont carse because i want to open this. dreamwave never made toys, or distributed them.......but, i guess ill just have to look on ebay for a while.

your best best (money wise) is to pre order Pepsi Prime. Yeah I see the DW Primes sell from $150-200. If you can find one that is in the box but has been opened and stickers applied, you could probably get that one for about $110. good luck

There's also the "New Year Optimus Prime" reissue that someone mentioned above. It's very cool because it came with an Action Master Prime repaint. But they were kind of expensive, and I haven't seen one recently.