Thanks To All Who Have Asked

dakele

I wanted to thank everyone who has written or called. I live in New Orleans, and unless you live under a rock, you know about Katrina. I evacuated on Friday night, well before the storm got there. I am safe and so are my loved ones. That is all that matters.

I don't know about my house or any of my belongings. It looks like the officials are not going to let us in until a week from now, so it may take a while to find out if anything survived. I am lucky that I live west of the city on the west bank of the river. The pictures and video you have all seen are near downtown or east of the city.

Those of you who have met me at the con or have traded with me have made a lot of difference by asking about me. Thanks to you all. I love the Joe community for things like this. It really makes me feel good to know that I am a part of a community that cares about others.

If you have called and not gotten through, I am sorry. Most of the lines are down. I'll let you all know when I know more.

Thank you all. Keep those prayers coming for those a lot more unfortunate than me.

Even if my house is gone and my stuff is gone, I am still here and healthy. It's hard to enjoy the things in life if you don't have a life, you know?

Thanks again.

David

Hopefully things will work out. Keep us updated.

dakele Im glad to hear you made it out. Most of my family made it out too. Most of their homes are under water, they lived in kenner and metairie. We havent heard from my cousin yet, I pray she is alright.

Keep your head up and stay strong.

Oh man David, im glad your okay. Anybody that didnt get the chance to meet Dakele at the con missed out on a great guy.

Im also sorry for your familys homes Nov, my prayers go out to you.

I don't know you from Adam, I live a couple hundred miles away from you, but I feel you brother. Trust me I feel you. Living here in the Pacific region has made me realize the ferocity brought about by storms and hurricanes.

I'm saying a silent prayer for you and your family as I type this message right now. I sincerely hope you'll pull through this. God bless you.

All the way from Manila, Philippines...

The Flash aka G-Skills

Man I hope the best for you both also. my wifes cousin just moved back from that same location to chicago like 3 weeks ago! and she would have lost evrything or worse. keep your head up bro and we are all here for you.

Good to know that everyone is OK. How'd the Joes fare?

With tradegies like this, you realize how small the world is. Chance are you know someone effected. Why, for just myself alone, I have a co-worker who tele-commutes from N.O. He has relocated to Houston. His e-mail reads of total loss. I have another co-worker who was one of the lead techs/engineers who built the N.O. Police Department radio system. He's been on the phone all day seeing if he can be of assistance.

I have never talked to u (not that I can remember) but I wish u the best! You are so right about live bein more important and it is great to know not only u but your family is safe and sound! GOD BLESS

we will pray for you and yours. Your belongings can be replaced, but you have whats most important, your family and friends. If there is anything you need, ask your fellow collectors, I am sure we can help in some way or find someone that can, that is what a community is for. clflowers2003@yahoo.com

Jesus be with you, God Bless

dakele the more I watch it on TV the more it reminds me of when the bad things that have happend to me and mine. many years back in Chicago we had massive flooding not as bad as what your all got but I lived in a bassemant it was a total lose. the smell of raw sewer was real bad. then back in 2002 our house cought on fire then we lost Everything! I guess what Im trying to say is yes we did lose alot but the help and donating that we did recieve was wonderful. So D and NOV if you guys want I have cloths that I would gladly donate too you guys if needed. Please PM me and let me know and god bless to yall.

Dakele, I don't think we've met, but I'm getting the impression you're a great guy. And nov, I do believe we have talked a time or two here on the boards. Can't be too sure since I have a terrible memory anymore... (lol)

Guys, from what I'm seeing on the news, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families. I don't think any of us can imagine how horrific it is down there. The storm left over from the hurricane missed us by a few hundred miles, so all we got here was a steady rain all day yesterday. And today it was like one of the most beautiful days we've had in recent weeks. It was so odd considering what had happened. Every time I'd look out the window at work today, I was thinking about what had happened and what people were going through today. God bless you guys, and I'm proud of my friends here at the boards who have shown so much support. You guys are the best. #US1#

Thanks for everyone who has written back. I am only able to get online about once a day. I can't even get on the other boards I usually read for some reason. Man, I hate the boonies sometimes. (My parents live in a town of 4000 in north MS). Anyway, I am going to be reading and posting very little in the meantime.

I have only heard third hand news of my neighborhood so far. It seems I may only have wind damage (blown off shingles) and some trees down. I don't think I have any flooding. The local parish president will allow us back on Monday morning. I will know for sure then. Unfortunately, I may have no internet access for a while down there.

Thanks for all of the offers of help. If I need anything, I know I can count on you guys.

Nov. What is your cousin's name and where was she last? If I can get through, I will look to see if I can find her when I get down there. Also, get on www.wwltv.com. There is a board where you can list her info. If anyone has talked to her or knows her whereabouts, they will post a reply to you.

thanks again guys. I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Dave, I never knew you lived in Orleans. Jeez, Im so sorry about the home town. Glad to see you are safe though. If you need anything, you have my number.