Joe Collectors On Dr. Phil

Buckwheat826

Wifey mentioned this to me tonight. Tomorrow's episode will feature "obsessive compulsives" with Joe collectors and their families. I think this is a re-run. Sorry if it's old news, but I haven't seen it and will set my recorder for it since I won't be able to catch it.

Oh yeah, a while back there was a casting ad in our local classifieds for toy collectors to go on the "Tyra Show" (didn't even know she had a show) and have her and the camera visit your home to see your collections.

Noticed that too, the guy spends something in the range of $1,500 a month on his toy collection.

Kind of funny how my girlfriend looked straight at me when the preview came on. I don't spend anywhere near that amount a month :(

Should be an interesting watch though

Noticed that too, the guy spends something in the range of $1,500 a month on his toy collection.

Kind of funny how my girlfriend looked straight at me when the preview came on. I don't spend anywhere near that amount a month :(

Should be an interesting watch though

I haven't spent that much on my entire collection period. WOW. $1500. I wish I could. Now Dr. Phil is going to bash all of us collectors. He'll be saying how we need to give our better halves more attention, and we need to put our collections to the side.

The day that fat idiot's opinion matters to me is the day I voluntarily sit through a Meredith Baxter movie.

And if you're a woman whose man spends $1500 monthly on anything besides rent (and he's not a millionaire) you don't bring him on Dr Phil, you leave him.

I don't think I've ever spent more then $80 monthly on toys ($20 a week) and even then I think its a bit much. Especially now that its $40-$45 to fill my tank.

did anyone catch this yet? or did it air?

im only curious how someone can be so wrapped up in gi joe and spend that much money on their collection and not be known on any of the message boards.

i havent' really checked around, but im going to now.

i wonder how much of dr. phil's garbage is staged.

of course, the guests in question could be 12 inch collectors. :)

Interesting! I'm kinda afraid to tell my wife to watch it. :unsure:

Nah, I'd like to see it actually. $1500 is a lot, he must be buying some vintage stuff.

TM - Great pic, hilarious!

Hey guys,

Just found this it's the description of the show on Dr. Phil's web site. Here's also a link to discuss the show on his site.

1,500 a month...........Should'nt he have everything spending 1,500 a month by now.

That is crazy. Heck most of the Months I don't even buy any joes. Why? Because the only come out like every three months..........plus im not into vintage to much

Uh......can we say GET A LIFE!

Im sorry, 15 gran is insane per month. Let me state that yes, I am a collector. I have multiple collections: Joe, Transformers, Marvel, Star wars, HALO, and Lord of the Rings. i spend maybe 500 a month max on my collections. But, I still fulfil my obligations as a college student, son, and family member. I do not let my collecting interfere with my family. Right now, I am in a position to have this hobby, but probably not for much longer, maybe Im a little past due in setting it aside. I will let God judge me on the timing. This guy seems to forget he is a parent with responsibilities to his family. If he can afford that 15 cheese and maintain his family's welfare, fine, more power to him, but to let it take up time away from family and not be with his kids, he is creating a god that is not worthy of his attention. Family is first, always. I pray that this will encourage me to be diligent on my priorities.

I've never spent 1500 in a month on anything, except car repairs once.

Dr. Phil, solving problems with sound bites and hayseed sayings. Hopefully he'll choke on a chicken bone soon. @loll@

I just read the link brothershane provided (show doesnt come on till 4pm central so it aint on for me yet) but this dude has a bigger problems then "collecting" he's a ##$%$#! and he has a nagging wife! and three badass little kid's! i would tell him if your collecting keeps you from killing the wife and kids and yourself.....continue sir! next! but thats just me! ;)

TM

and he windex's them before he puts them mylar and bubble tape, this guy isnt a collector, he is a candidate for "I'm a loser who needs more time with my woman behind closed doors, less time thinking about perfection and more time being a dad" award for 2005

Man, that is crazy. I'm not a big fan of Dr. Phil but I think I'm going to have to check that one out. I know my wife is going to be giving me some strange looks while it's on. She just got me a Dark Phoenix off E-Bay so she's fairly supportive.

i would like to know his e-bay username! so when phil and the wife start having him sell i can pick up some of his vintage stuff!

btw- i just watched it! who else thought he looked a bit like darren (cobra commander) from our boards? they showed his collection (stuff befor he windexed them and put em away) moc frag viper, loose terror drome, some of the spy troops single figures w/cd's most of the video's of him he was cleaning a loose wolverine and stretching cover girls o-ring (true!) really though he seemed a desent fellow. and i felt bad for him!

i recorded it for my wife to watch when she gets home.....well see what she says? because some of the things he said are the things i say to my wife when i made a really big score! "it's an investment" and "I could sell all this for 10,000 dollars tomorrow if we needed the money" ect ect the normal stuff we say ya know! ;) they really didnt touch to much on the "grown man playing with dolls*" thing at all just the hoarding!

*dr.phil's words not mine!!!

TM