Sorry Gi Joe, But You Have Been Put In The Closet

UglyHomer

I got all new furniture in my house, I had to make some painful choices.

It came down to star wars or GI Joe, I am sorry for GI Joe, but Star Wars won.

I mean, Hasbro has done such a much better job on star wars over the past several years and they have been laying stinkers for my favorite line since JVC.

Here's to hoping GI Joe does something interesting, in the meantime, my closet has plenty of space.

I mean, Hasbro has done such a much better job on star wars over the past several years and they have been laying stinkers for my favorite line since JVC.

Here's to hoping GI Joe does something interesting, in the meantime, my closet has plenty of space.

Why would you feel the need to let us Joe fans (for the most part anyway) know you put them 2nd to your Star Wars collection?

Likely a better choice, would have been to post this in the Star Wars section, where it would have solicited some "atta boys...good choice" whereas HERE...it's kind of a put down.

Where's your head man? <_<

Your choice of course but I think the newest Joe stuff, wheither its RAH comic packs or new sculpt is some of the best stuff ever.

Draven

Actually ,the handful of stuff (45 figrues) are the Wave 6,7 VvV and the RAH single pack stuff MOC on the wall), I put away my wave 1-5 VvV, 1982-1990 stuff and my vehicles.

Look at it like this, atleast they'll be preserved and they won't gather dust. hopefully you dusted them off before you put them away?

they are dusted and bagged individually, some are in clamshells and hard plastic (1984 Storm Shadow, Firefly and 1982 Snake Eyes) are in hard plastic. I made sure everything was tight, clean and well cushioned. I still value them over my entire collection, but I from a display and playability standpoint, I went with Star Wars, plus, in the closet, my 2 year old cant get to them

Why would you feel the need to let us Joe fans (for the most part anyway) know you put them 2nd to your Star Wars collection?

Likely a better choice, would have been to post this in the Star Wars section, where it would have solicited some "atta boys...good choice" whereas HERE...it's kind of a put down.

Where's your head man? <_<

I am the biggest of Joe Fans, this was my way of getting rid of the guilt, but if you look at it, my best stuff is safe from my kids, like I said, my 1982 Mickey Mouse Ear CC is still on display, as are my Dragonfly and stuff, I had to pack away wave 1-5 VvV, JVC and my TRU Stuff, and my really old first and 2nd series stuff, otherwise I would have had to set them up, how could I live with myself if I broke my Zap or Flash putting a stand on.. it was the humane thing to do..

PS , Gen Hawk v1, Gung v 1 and 2, SE ver2, Zartan v1, destro v1, Falcon and Televiper v1 are in clam shells on the wall as well as my v 2 destro gold head with his despoiler.

aww man, couldn't you compromise.. maybe half SW half Joes? poor Joes... I feel for you guys all boxed up and in that dark scary place :( :(

Yeah, if you're going to put them anywhere, you should at least put them in a jar.

@loll@

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

TM

Sooo...basically,this is just some round about way of saying you love your Joes more than your Star Wars stuff? At least,that's what I seem to be getting from all of the posts you have in this thread.

It is, and I am hoping my wife peeks at the forums and sees my veiled sarcasm and ANGER !!!! @firedevil@ @smilepunch@ , putting away my stuff was downright painful

I don't blame you. Hasbro begin making Joes like SW with wave 7, but went back to the crappier VvV style for the online exclusives, which is disappointing.

Still if they stay with it long enough, I am sure they'll go back to what people want. At the least, the comic 3-packs are still worth getting, and the vehicles keep getting better.

I don't blame you. Hasbro begin making Joes like SW with wave 7, but went back to the crappier VvV style for the online exclusives, which is disappointing.

Still if they stay with it long enough, I am sure they'll go back to what people want. At the least, the comic 3-packs are still worth getting, and the vehicles keep getting better.

I have to agree with you, aside from The MARS Invades, Wave 7 and the Crimson Guard Single Pack, I really haven't been all that impressed.

Major Barrage was interesting at first, but now he is just another big dope with no back story.

Major Bludd had promise, but why make him look like Over Kill before he got robotosized....

Spirit is a decent update, but again, they added the VvV Gung Ho long skinny legs short torso small waist look...

I am hoping that my favorite line gets some flavor soon.

But then I consider my star wars stuff and I am thinking, ok, The Evolution Packs are far and away the best 3 3/4" stuff out there, the more ROTS stuff that gets released, the more and more they are getting it right... the clone troopers are fantastic, even the vehicles have more effort put into them, the part that drives me bananas is that Hasbro does both lines, but I guess with Lucasfilm to answer to, they tend to give Star Wars more attention....

Here's to hoping that the comic books, cartoons and up coming live action joe movie re-energize Hasbro, get the younger kids involved and put GI Joe back at the top, cuz right now, GI Joe is barely getting a bronze metal and this is coming from someone that has been collecting for 25 years.

I am hoping that my favorite line gets some flavor soon.

Haven't you been reading up on the whole Sigma Six fiasco? ^_^

If that's what Hasbro want's to call trying to add some new "flavor" they can stick it in a box of Harry Potter treats, and call it puke flavor.

I think some of the latest 3 3/4" figures have been the best we've ever seen, and pretty nicely detailed.

I see a push to eventually turn 3 3/4" G.I.Joe into something similar to Microman, especially if they decide to go 3 3/4" with the Sigma Six line, and in an attempt to keep it's "flavor" as is....they'll look like anime crap Microman figures.

That's about the time my taste buds realize that everything's been tasting like sh@#! ^_^