Star Wars Holiday Special Comin To Dvd?

KENNY GUIDO

If it comes to DVD, I'll bew surprised when considering it has caused nothing but embarrassment for Lucas since he made that POS.

I'd buy it anyway, even though it isn't that good. I hope it comes with extras, like the parts Lucas cut out of SW, like the part where Luke in floppy hat sees the star destroyer/rebel blockade runner battle overhead.

I have only heard of this fabled TV special.I never saw but I heard itis, BARF!!!If it is coming to DVD.Oh boy,George look out.

Oh its bad ...Its really bad

one bad thing is Carrie Fisher at the end of the special with the cast in her origional Leia costume singing a song.....Its the Star Wars theme with Lyrics @puke@ @puke@

I have only heard of this fabled TV special.I never saw but I heard itis, BARF!!!If it is coming to DVD.Oh boy,George look out.

I saw it when it first aired and lemme tell you, it was the best thing on tv for us star wars fans. I had a copy but i lent it out in 95 and never saw it again! :(

I saw it when it first aired and lemme tell you, it was the best thing on tv for us star wars fans. I had a copy but i lent it out in 95 and never saw it again! :(

I was 12 when it aired on CBS.I was excited it was more Star Wars.But years later when you watch it as an adult boy does it make you cringe

I was 12 when it aired on CBS.I was excited it was more Star Wars.But years later when you watch it as an adult boy does it make you cringe

the cartoon was the worst!

what are you talking about?The cartoon is the best dam thing about that special.

one bad thing is Carrie Fisher at the end of the special with the cast in her origional Leia costume singing a song.....Its the Star Wars theme with Lyrics

"Staaaar Wars, nothing but Staaaaar Wars..."

(Yeah, I know that's actually from the Bill Murray SNL 'lounge singer' skit, but, it was the first thing I thought of :P)

I seem to have very vague memories of the Wookiee family stuff, but, that's about it. I'm know it's really bad (Art, Bea, Itchy, Lumpy, Life Day, etc...) , but, I'm still curious.

Looks to me like that is just a placeholder page. They do this a lot when they think something may come out on DVD but no actual release has been announced. I have to imagine that this is just wishful thinking on the part of target. I would be really amazed if this ever saw the light of day... I mean... what are the chances that there is even a good master copy of this thing still around?

what are you talking about?The cartoon is the best dam thing about that special.

compared to the cartoons of that time, it sucked!

The cartoon introduced us to Mr Fett.The cartoon obviously was not Hanna-Barbara.It was made by an animation studio called Nalvana

Yep, Nelvanna, Canadian Animation studio and for a time the second largest in the world. Its was one of the first jobs they did, a prior noted one being A Cosmic Christmas--and later, some stuff on Heavy Metal, and its fulla some......ahem.........interesting animation.

Quite a few of my colleagues worked on the animation--it was all done in-house. Its full of a lot of Nelvanna "signatures" of the day--alot of rubbery animation, some wonky takes and a overall goofy look.

It doesn't age well.

Its real legacy is introducing us to the most intriguing character in Star Wars: Boba Fett, but he's very different from how he was later portrayed.

The rest of the Special is........well, if you are really curious, see it for yourself.

You've been warned.

The cartoons at that time? It was 1978 what you thought the Superfreinds was better?Its the same animation company that did Ewoks and Droids

Call me crazy... but I don't like the Ewoks and Droids cartoons either.

The cartoons at that time? It was 1978 what you thought the Superfreinds was better?Its the same animation company that did Ewoks and Droids

yes, superfriends looked 10 times better.han solo looked ##$%$#ed in the cartoon. he looked like he had down syndrome or something.