Does Darklon Belong In The CFB?

Crimson Twins

Should Darklon be part of the CFB?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should Darklon be part of the CFB?

• Yes
    • No

I've noticed Darklon's name has continually been brought up as a possible candidate for the CFB. I personally like the figure, and will fight to keep him out (he's really one of my favorites, shhh don't tell anyone). There has to be more guys out there that can back me up, right? @hmmm@

I think he's just a victim of a bad paint job. Although a lot of figures had bad paint jobs his mold isn't bad. I think the Bronze Bomber version had a way better paint job and showed the potential of the figure.

-Sam

I think he's just a victim of a bad paint job.  Although a lot of figures had bad paint jobs his mold isn't bad.  I think the Bronze Bomber version had a way better paint job and showed the potential of the figure. 

-Sam

Do you have a pic of the Bronze Bomber version?

Nevermind, I found it on YoJoe.com.

Not bad. If some of the details were painted, it'd be a whole lot better.

so there's room for adaptation in my "Joe-universe".

Exactly! I've used him as the bad @$$ cousin who only gets called upon when the situation gets really messy. For some reason, I also see him as being a mute.

Anyway, back on topic. I really dug the paint scheme on him. I remember when I first got him as a kid, I thought he was the best figure ever. That feeling kinda stuck with me, and when I got back into collecting, he was at the top of my 'got to get' figures list. I also believe he was my first EVER eBay purchase.

He'll get in....eventually.

Basically it boils down to color scheme as the primary factor to get voted in. There are only a few bad sculpts left out there . BC Leatherneck got in because of a ridiculous paint job. Darklon will get in eventually because of the same! lol! Shadow Ninjas Snake Eyes isn't a bad sculpt, just a bad color scheme and gimmick. you get voted in because of either

a) Ridiculous Premise (Golobulus, Rapptor, and Crystal Ball)

b.)Ridiculous Colors (BC Leatherneck and 90% post 90 stuff)

c. Ridiculous Sculpt (Armadillo, Windmill, Grunt v3)

d. Ridiculous Gimmick (Manimals, color change, action attack t-crotch)

I couldn't believe BC Leatherneck was voted in. There are so many others deserving before him (in my eyes). But I had other financial obligations and couldn't be in Minnesota to vote! So BC Leatherneck it is!

I cannot wait to get Robo-Joe, Carcass, Armadillo, Windmill, Voltar (dumber than Raptor BTW), etc into the Hall!!!

There is no way he belongs there...he's an Iron Grenadier and deserves more respect! I could probably name 20 other figures who are much worse than he is.

like DEF Shockwave!!!!

joke joke!!!!!! @firedevil@

There is no way he belongs there...he's an Iron Grenadier and deserves more respect!  I could probably name 20 other figures who are much worse than he is.

like DEF Shockwave!!!!

joke joke!!!!!! @firedevil@

Aw man...in the words of Carlito, "That's not cool!" @loll@

DEF Shockwave is my favorite figure and always will be. #US1#

You know, most of the reasoning to put a figure in the CFB applies to 80% of all Cobras :) But having ridiculous characters (and that includes Destro, Zartan, The Twins, Mindbender...) and flashy colors is what makes Cobra so grand.

Is '84 Deep Six in this club? He should've been the first in. Because he's just a crappy figure, and not in a campy way either.

Right now only 4 figures are in the Hall. Crystal Ball, Raptor, Golobulus, and giraffe attack Leatherneck. We vote once a year at the con for a new inductee (though I kind of wanna fight to get 2 in a year).

There are fantastic molds done in the 90's that are just so horrid because of their colors. Any Joe Mega Marine (look what was done with Gung-Ho and Blastoff by MC and Mirage by Hasbro recently.....fantastic!), Darklon, Skymate, Cobra Blackstar, etc. All neat molds but have questionable paint apps. Based on paint alone you can get voted in. Thats how Leatherneck v3 is in.

Questionable molds. Deep Six version 1 could well get voted in, I doubt it, but it could. He looked cool but didn't have articulation. He had playability due to the diving gimmick. BUT I can see someone point if he came up in nominations. Armadillo, Grunt v3, and Windmill look like Corps! Rejects. Scarlet v1 looks like a dude. Ninja Force Scarlett looks ready for childbirth. These are examples of molds gone wrong.

I think it would be cool to have a foreign wing in the Hall. But everyone one of those Funskool guys would be a lock!!!