Next Year's Convention???

CaptainGridIron

sacramento anybody??

C'mon, I promise free room and board.. I have plenty of space and I can dish out frozen pizza @lol@

If that happens open your home and your fridge, I'm there. @loll@

It would only be a 8 - 10 hour drive.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, never heard the Nashville bit either. Fours hours from Indy. That means I can drive it, buy all the stuff I want and not worry about TSA rumaging through my bags at the airport!!

Did anyone else get excited with yesterdays (or today, didn't check the time/date stamp) mail from the GIJCC?? I thought, "Alright, we got a location!" only to find out it was a blurb and a press release of some voice talent and his toon story boards. On top of that, he's going to be at Botcon. Guys, I could care less about Botcon. And Tazzz, I am with you 100%.....I will not attend to a combined con.....of course I say that now. :)

a little P.S. blurb after a page of 3 3/4" and 12" news/info isn't exactly what I call "hot to shill". Of course he's gonna cross promote it makes perfect sense.

i think a combined con would be bad for both joe and transformers collectors and i bet MC knows that. i think this was mentioned in MN and i wanna say brian savage pretty much felt that the cons should stay separated also.

as to location, i'm a huge fan of anywhere in the southeast!

So far none of the site cities have been repeated. So I doubt that Norfolk will be the first repeat city. Yes the Orlando con was large but the location was "choosen" or at least influenced by Hasbro. After the SF con and the drop of attendance I think that the west coast will not see another con for quite some time. And as cool as it would be to be somewere in the upper Mid-Alantic/New England all the people that went to DC I have talked to said that EVERYTHING was very expencive and aside from it being the 35th (maybe) aniv there was not much else of a draw. And into the fact that MC would want to keep there from being confusion with them and other promoters I don't see NYC be used or Alanta. I have a friend that is one the comm to steer the Barbie convention and they were in Boston this year and they said that for the dealers it was a disaster - high shipping and very difficult to get into the site with shipments. The cons that had the largest draws have been in the (esp lower) Mid-West or South, namly KC, Orlando, and SA. I see in the very near future DFW and New Orleans being used. The area east of KC - Nashville and the Carolinas I think would also be good sites to look into.

MATT

Brian also mentioned at the con that he would like to get 3 cities and just continue to hop between them. It also has to be a city that's big enough, but not so big he can't get media exposure to help promote it. A GI JOE convention would be swallowed up in NY and the media really wouldn't care.