Next Year's Convention???

CaptainGridIron

Hey all, I know this year's GI Joe's Convention was 2 months ago, almost, and I know we should know soon, but is anyone tired of the wait? Why do you think that this year we have to wait to find out next year's location? Is it really because they are waiting to hear back from the hotel? I'm just curious what you guys think?? #US1#

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ME TOO! i would like to know if im gonna go or not!!!!! and that depends on where it is! i for 1 hope i'll be wearing a cowboy hat if you know what i mean!

TM

why u sure can if you are going to DC. Bush is from Texas @smilepunch@

I'm thinking it's not going to be anywhere.....period!

Unless it's going to be around the Virginia-DC-Maryland area,I will probably NOT go.

Because I would much rather go to SDCC instead!Hasbro shows the same stuff,theres dealers there with a MUCH greater variety of stuff and to be honest,aside from the new stuff,there's not much else out there I want from GI Joe line. SDCC looks like a whole load of fun and since I am not strictly just a Joe collector,I would rather go there and be able to see so much more.

Besides,I've never been to a comic convention and I would really like to hit SDCC up and see how it is.

Unless it's going to be around the Virginia-DC-Maryland area,I will probably NOT go.

Because I would much rather go to SDCC instead!Hasbro shows the same stuff,theres dealers there with a MUCH greater variety of stuff and to be honest,aside from the new stuff,there's not much else out there I want from GI Joe line. SDCC looks like a whole load of fun and since I am not strictly just a Joe collector,I would rather go there and be able to see so much more.

Besides,I've never been to a comic convention and I would really like to hit SDCC up and see how it is.

DITTO, I can't wait for SDCC!!!!!!!! Besides the Joe Con exclusives arent that great anyways and if I really wanted them I could order them on the MC website for cost and just pay shipping............

Yep...I'd say the G.I.Joe convention is KAPUT!

SDCC is getting promoted in it's place! @lol@

SDCC looks like a whole load of fun and since I am not strictly just a Joe collector,I would rather go there and be able to see so much more.

That's why I didn't go this year. I'd much rather have more things to buy than just G.I. Joe toys - the majority of which I already have or plain don't want. If there was more things to get at a Joe Con that'd be one thing but there isn't, so the luster of going for new product is pretty much gone.

I've been to a few. They're normally pretty boring, but SDCC is anything but a standard comic convention.

To be honest,I think eventually MC is going to merge the Joecon and Botcon into one.

I started my Joecon run with the Orlando one and it was HUGE,no doubt because of the location.But at Minneapolis I found myself questioning "can they really keep this up with this many people?".

MC can gather a large crowd,but like it's been said,it's all about location.If their locations for the next couple Cons don't draw... on top of sucky exclusives,lack of dealers wanting to go,and Hasbro not showing any product that "wows" the fans (whether it be GI Joe or TF),the MC is going to face a problem trying to run two Cons.

Like I mentioned above,I would not be surprised if the two Conventions are eventually merged into one.

Brian did the walk through of the hotel today, so I wouldn't be surprised if we hear very soon where next year's con will be.

I'm going, and since you guys aren't, more for me! @bounce@ jk. I also have to politely disagree about the exclusives, I liked them, and considering how well a lot of this years stuff sold, so did a lot of other people. Not trying to start an argument or a flame war, just expressing how I feel about them.

The con may get a little smaller, but that doesn't bother me. I think Brian does a great job with the GI JOE Collectors Club (Mastercollecter is just another newsletter the Club newsletter goes out in every month.) Brian also recognizes that it's 3 3/4 collectors who are dominating the cons right now.

I also don't think they are going to merge the cons. @$@

Brian did the walk through of the hotel today, so I wouldn't be surprised if we hear very soon where next year's con will be.

I'm going, and since you guys aren't, more for me! @bounce@ jk. I also have to politely disagree about the exclusives, I liked them, and considering how well a lot of this years stuff sold, so did a lot of other people.  Not trying to start an argument or a flame war, just expressing how I feel about them.

The con may get a little smaller, but that doesn't bother me.  I think Brian does a great job with the GI JOE Collectors Club (Mastercollecter is just another newsletter the Club newsletter goes out in every month.)  Brian also recognizes that it's 3 3/4 collectors who are dominating the cons right now.

I also don't think they are going to merge the cons.  @$@

My post was just a question on next year's convention not a bash towards Brian or Master Collector.

Also just food for thought I have gone to Norfolk and SanFran and would have gone to the last two but with the birth of my daughter, being a dad was my excuse...

@DAD@

I'm going, and since you guys aren't, more for me! @bounce@ jk. I also have to politely disagree about the exclusives, I liked them, and considering how well a lot of this years stuff sold, so did a lot of other people. Not trying to start an argument or a flame war, just expressing how I feel about them.

The con may get a little smaller, but that doesn't bother me. I think Brian does a great job with the GI JOE Collectors Club (Mastercollecter is just another newsletter the Club newsletter goes out in every month.) Brian also recognizes that it's 3 3/4 collectors who are dominating the cons right now.

I also don't think they are going to merge the cons. @$@

I agree and I will be there too. This year was a lot of fun hanging out with other friends and collectors. IMO one of the best cons yet. Perhaps since I knew a lot more people and got to hang out with them more than in Orlando the tear before. I really liked the exclusives this year. I too beleive that the cons will never merge, they know that there are too many differences when it comes to gijoe and transformers. As for SDCC it is a great time BUT the only reason why I go is because it is in California, opps and for all the freebies lol.

To be honest,I think eventually MC is going to merge the Joecon and Botcon into one.

I started my Joecon run with the Orlando one and it was HUGE,no doubt because of the location.But at Minneapolis I found myself questioning "can they really keep this up with this many people?".

MC can gather a large crowd,but like it's been said,it's all about location.If their locations for the next couple Cons don't draw... on top of sucky exclusives,lack of dealers wanting to go,and Hasbro not showing any product that "wows" the fans (whether it be GI Joe or TF),the MC is going to face a problem trying to run two Cons.

Like I mentioned above,I would not be surprised if the two Conventions are eventually merged into one.

Minneapolis wasn't a great choice to be sure, but Hasbro didn't help matters and really shot themselves in the foot, with the whole "hiatus" news and Sigma Six.

We'd have to hear from some regular con attendees, as to what the attendance numbers were like at previous conventions from the last 5 years or so, but I can almost bet this years was on the low side if not the LOWEST.

I went to the Frisco con in 2003.. and I don't think there were a ton of people for sure.

I thought it was great, the only problem I had was the lack of items for sale in the showroom... I was looking for RAH stuff, and they just didn't have a lot.. especially vehicles, no vehicles!

it was really fun, but there were not as many people as I thought would be there.. which is probably why they won't do it on the west coast again

I went to the Frisco con in 2003.. and I don't think there were a ton of people for sure.

I thought it was great, the only problem I had was the lack of items for sale in the showroom... I was looking for RAH stuff, and they just didn't have a lot.. especially vehicles, no vehicles!

it was really fun, but there were not as many people as I thought would be there.. which is probably why they won't do it on the west coast again

The logic behind that was the expense the dealers had to pay to ship everything out west. There aren't m(any) dealers here in CA to begin with...

And going from S.F., Orlando, and Minneapolis... I'd say by far S.F. had less people, but was in a smaller venue. There were at least twice as many dealers this year as 03. The set was 10x better. The people were more friendly over all. The only reason the exclusives weren't as good as 03 is due to my love of Hiss tanks...

-Kevin

Luckily Brian said they WILL be back in Orlando some year soon!!! yay!!!! I think New Orleans (not toooo far from MC homebase). There are alot of great locals we havn't been yet though. Baltimore, Atlanta, Cleveland, Philedelphia, Boston, Cincinnati.

I agree with Darren. I think in 3-4 yrs time we will be sharing space with the Bot-con. They can save money by doing both shows together. I hope not, but it seems like an eventuality.