Crimson Shadow Guard.........

KENNY GUIDO

Lucas didn't invent clones in science fiction, so...does it really matter?

so, who was the first to use "clones" in a movie before Lucas?

to me, Lucas was the first but if you can prove me wrong, I wont be the least disappointed.

I wondered why the "Clone War(s)" wasn't called the Galactic Civil War, since it was much more of a large scale civil war than the one in the original trilogy? Guess Yoda's name for it stuck....

the reason why is because it dealt with "the clones". much like the vietman war dealt with the vietnamese and the civil war dealt with the parts of a country battling within its own land.

I finally found these on the shelf at my local Toy's R' Us. I like the set for the most part EXCEPT for the weapons that were included. Might as well have called them Crimson Ninja Guard with not a gun included in the set. They can't use one eqipped with a silencer and still do their job in secret? Also what was up with that arrow and crossbow part that was included? What am I suppose to do with it? I have seen a few comments made about why were they called Crimson Shadow Guard and if I were designing the set I would have simply called the set Cobra Shadow Guard. You want to take the troops from the ranks of the Crimson Guard is fine, but just because you do does not mean you still have to call them "Crimson" this or "Crimson" that does it? I may pick up a few more sets instead of that Heavy Weapons set that also made it out in my area this week. I just need some guns to give them as we have enough ninja "wannabes" floating around.

to me, Lucas was the first but if you can prove me wrong, I wont be the least disappointed.

The Clones (1973)

One of those replace people with doubles movies, that were often alien-look alikes or robots. This one was with clones. Obscure, yes. I didn't dig that deep to find it. But in 1977 not many were familiar with the samurai movies that inspired Lucas to make Star Wars, either.

And I said sci-fi...I didn't say movies. These things called books. I hear people read them!

The CG's ain't clone anyway. How'd this thing get started again? @hmmm@

I thought there was a Fred series and there were other series of Guardsmen. I mean as soon as Wade Collins quit Cobra, the Joes would probably know about the whole enchilada. And there goes the Fred series.

I thought the phrase was "5th column", too

I thought the 5th Col were those who were traitorist. I am trying to recall to my V Movie and Series days. Didn't the Visitors have a 5th column?

yes they did! the visitors name was martin, he was the one who helped mike donovan escape the mother ship like 50 times! is it sad i remember that....and i can remember what i had for dinner last night?

TM

That reminds me, remember how Amazon/TRU had Imperial Procession listed as Ninja Strike Team? Well they fixed it, but only partly

GI Joe Valor vs. Venom Ninja Cobra Imperial Procession

The thought of a Ninja Procession... Hasbro's crazy enough to do that!

That or NINJA CRIMSON NIGHT PROCESSION GUARD

BTW, the Shadow Guard has his pack on upside down. The roll goes down, which is the big reason why I hate that backpack! Never looks right. I wanted 1985 CG accessories, dammit! @grumpy@

The Clones (1973)

One of those replace people with doubles movies, that were often alien-look alikes or robots. This one was with clones. Obscure, yes. I didn't dig that deep to find it. But in 1977 not many were familiar with the samurai movies that inspired Lucas to make Star Wars, either.

And I said sci-fi...I didn't say movies. These things called books. I hear people read them!

The CG's ain't clone anyway. How'd this thing get started again? @hmmm@

thanks. :)

I found the Crimson Shadow Guard set this morning.It looked petty cool.I didn't get though.I think it would have made sense to call them the Shadow Guards.There was not "Crimson" in the set.The had the Heavy Assult team.I can understand why people are koncking that it was sucktastic.