Question About Constantine Movie

firestongue

This may have some spoilers, so be warned.

I read the mini comic that came with the 2 disc edition. Definantly noticed that in the comic, Constantine is sandy haired and has a British accent, where obviously he doesnt in the movie and lives in Los Angeles.

Whats the deal? Why the change?

I loved the movie though, and am quite glad I got the dlx edition dvd. Highly recommend it.

Because they didn't think they could get people to see a movie with a British person as the lead? Your guess is as good as mine.

I liked the movie but it would've been cool to see a more accurate adaptation starring Sean Bean or someone like Paul Bettany.

I suggest that u go to superherohype

there was an interview with a guy involving for the Batman movies and the part2 kinda mentioned the changes for the character of constantine

I suggest that u go to superherohype

there was an interview with a guy involving for the Batman movies and the part2 kinda mentioned the changes for the character of constantine

good call. thanks man.

Because they didn't think they could get people to see a movie with a British person as the lead? Your guess is as good as mine.

I liked the movie but it would've been cool to see a more accurate adaptation starring Sean Bean or someone like Paul Bettany.

Honestly now, after Bram Stoker's Dracula do you honestly want Keanu with a british accent? ;)

IMO I think the movie was really more enjoyable for those of you who know /read the original comic regularly than it was for just the average veiwer like my self... Knowing nothing about it I enjoyed it but felt like I was missing a LOT :S

IMO I think the movie was really more enjoyable for those of you who know /read the original comic regularly than it was for just the average veiwer like my self... Knowing nothing about it I enjoyed it but felt like I was missing a LOT :S

I woulndt have even known had I not checked out that comic before hand. Maybe I should have waited to read that thing.

But I am glad I did and definantly glad I got the movie at Suncoast. Deluxe movies are good. I cant wait for the Sin City one.

Not really. They changed *way* too much. It didn't feel true to the spirit of the character to me.

I enjoyed the movie but I still don't think I've seen a real Hellblazer movie.

IMO  I think the movie was really more enjoyable for those of you who know /read the original comic regularly  than it was for just the average veiwer like my self...  Knowing nothing about it I enjoyed it but felt like I was missing a LOT :S

Not really. They changed *way* too much. It didn't feel true to the spirit of the character to me.

I enjoyed the movie but I still don't think I've seen a real Hellblazer movie.

I gotta admit, I agree with you.

When the movie first came out I couldnt help but think it was just Neo doing a Hell movie.

Well, as I watched the movie I thought to myself that Keanu is doing a great job--and he did--but especially after reading the comic, it just doesnt seem the same.

he was a smartass, and a bit of an a-hole, but toward the end it just seems like Constantine lightened up and wasnt as hardassed as before. I guess thats maybe how its supposed to be, but overall he just wasnt as gritty.

Hell, Marv from Sin City is still darker to me!