Bands You're Always Hated

HPZ

Don't knock the edge.

handpic.jpg

@smilepunch@

Anyways, I don't mind if you're straightedge and thats your belief, but when you start pushing your "straightedge" values on me, is where I draw the line.

My band and a lot of the metal bands here in the Twin Cities hated playing with straightedgers cause their asses would always try to start crap with us. One of them dudes started crap with my bassist got all hell broke loose.

Haha its ok dude. I completely understand, I know a lot of people, especially in big cities take it too far, and become very violent and militant over it. In Nevada now, claiming edge is the equivelant of gang status, scary stuff. People forget how important it is to let other people lead the life they want to.

what is this "edge" lifestyle? I've seen bif naked with those "x"s in her video, I didn't know they had a meaning. What does it mean?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't knock the edge.

handpic.jpg

@smilepunch@

Anyways, I don't mind if you're straightedge and thats your belief, but when you start pushing your "straightedge" values on me, is where I draw the line.

My band and a lot of the metal bands here in the Twin Cities hated playing with straightedgers cause their asses would always try to start crap with us. One of them dudes started crap with my bassist got all hell broke loose.

Haha its ok dude. I completely understand, I know a lot of people, especially in big cities take it too far, and become very violent and militant over it. In Nevada now, claiming edge is the equivelant of gang status, scary stuff. People forget how important it is to let other people lead the life they want to.

what is this "edge" lifestyle? I've seen bif naked with those "x"s in her video, I didn't know they had a meaning. What does it mean?

Straightedger's live by 3 simple rules: No Drugs, No Sex, No Alcohol.

Alot of Straightedgers also are into movements such as PETA and many animal rights group. And most are vegans.

My experiences with these people have been half and half. A small amount of edgers I've encountered have been cool but the majority of them are a-holes and very militant to try and get everyone to live their lifestyle.

Linkin Park. I would actually beat up members of this band if need be.

3.Slipknot - See Linkin Park

Dude no offense, but judging by the (many) pics of you that you posted in another thread a while back, I find it hard to believe that you could actually beat up any of the members of those bands.

Slipknot would rip that heretic apart.

Pretty straight forward, bands that you just don't understand why people like them, I want good reasons to.

1.Metallica - I've never liked them, even when I was into metal I didn't like them, everyone I know pretty much likes Metallica but it just makes me cringe.

2. Linkin Park - The first time I heard this band was when their first single came out, whatever that was. It almost made me lose faith in music. The cult following around this band gives me the creeps. Kids try to be edgey and unique by listening to something that "really speaks to them". Of course it speaks to them, music like this is DESIGNED to appeal to angsty teens with minor authority problems. Kids that follow this band also buy Anarchy T-shirts from Hot Topic, paying the government tax, therefore negating the point of displaying an Anarchist symbol. I would actually beat up members of this band if need be.

3.Slipknot - See Linkin Park

4. Mudvayne/Creed/Nickleback - They're all basically the same band, and they're all enough to make me want to puke. Members of all these bands need haircuts bad.

5. Evanesscance (sp?) - First heard this band on the Daredevil soundtrack, almost ruined the movie for me. They seem like a band that tries to sound deep and meaningful but are just shallow and prey on people's feelings, way to be a social vampire Amy Lee. Granted she has a really good voice.

6. Earth Crisis - Big one here for me, really big. I love Hardcore, I love a lot of the bands from the 90's that were on Victory Records (Hatebreed, Blood For Blood etc) but I've never, ever been able to get into Earth Crisis. I'm young enough that I missed the part where they actually broke into semi-mainstream culture and made Hardcore really big. Listening to them they've always seemed cheesy, plus I can't stand Karl Buechner.

Nickelback Mudvayne and Creed are nothing alike.! 3 different styles, don't know what you're talking about there.

Oh also:

-Jet, I hate Jet

-other stuff to, can't think of what. Do old elementry school fears count, cause then Backstreet Boys, Spice girls, nsync.

-Pretty much anything from the 80's.

-Oh yeah, Evenescance. they kind of suck.

Mr. Bungle, Faith No More or anything Mike Patton has done

You don't know how much I hate Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk.

Adding more to my hate list:

Mindless Self Indulgence

All them current bands that start with THE: Strokes, Killers, White Stripes

TOOL and its twin APC

Thanks for reminding me White Stripes Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

:OT:

Straight edge seems kind of lame to me. Virginity? No Drugs/Alcohal? @hmmm@

Instead of saving themselves for marrige,

they save themselves for sacrifices to the devil? @firedevil@ @smilepunch@

Its not so much "no sex" but its staying away from promiscuity.

At the core its a complete rejection of the self destructive behaviors associated with punk.

Its a perfectly viable lifestyle choice, but as with any group, there are a few people who take it too far.

Well once I did a dictionary search for "promiscuity", I still say: no fun. @firedevil@

this whiny crap that was on today in my art class. I don't like emo or punk or whatever all that warped tour crap is, but I never really felt strongly enough about it to hate it. But whatever it was it just wore away at my soul for a whole hour.

Also, I just got my Yearbook from last year today and yellowcard won for class band. C'mon now? @hmmm@

And I hate musicals. The crap is like nails on a chalkboard.

I just heard the new Disturbed song on the radio and guess what....

they still suck.

I can't believe that COC agreed to open for these ass clowns. Major letdown Pepper.

they still suck.

I can't believe that COC agreed to open for these ass clowns. Major letdown Pepper.

1st- ouch

2nd- which one?

they still suck. 

I can't believe that COC agreed to open for these ass clowns.  Major letdown Pepper.

1st- ouch

2nd- which one?

I think its called 10000 fists or something like that. I never been a huge fan of disturbed and it annoys the heck when I see tweens saying disturbed is so "hard".

Disturbed is my favorite band. I think they are one of those bands you either love or hate. I wouldn't consider them metal, but a lot of people do? The single is called Stricken. It is more radio friendly than the rest of the album.

Anyways, the four bands that I hate are...

-Mudvayne(saw them live twice, horrible)

-Creed(thankfully they are no more)

-Coldplay(why are they so freaking popular???)

-Dave Mathews Band(worst voice ever)

All my opinion of course.

Disturbed is my favorite band. I think they are one of those bands you either love or hate. I wouldn't consider them metal, but a lot of people do? The single is called Stricken. It is more radio friendly than the rest of the album.

Anyways, the four bands that I hate are...

-Mudvayne(saw them live twice, horrible)

-Creed(thankfully they are no more)

-Coldplay(why are they so freaking popular???)

-Dave Mathews Band(worst voice ever)

All my opinion of course.

The only time I thought a Disturbed song was cool was during the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" where they redid "Down with the sickness" to sound like elevator/jazz music.

Then again it wasn't them doing it so thats why it was cool.

I gotta disagree with CHA once again. Disturbed is by far the best modern mainstream hard rock band imo. I do prefer the sickness to Believe, but I still can't wait for 1000 fists.

There are actually 2 disturbed tracks out right now. "Gaurded" and"Stricken". That's why I wanted to know.

I agree about hating little children, and anything they say.

I don't consider disturberd super hard core, but I enjoy the music. That is what it is all about. Not images.

Prety much everything I like is on this list now. @grumpy@

-disturbed

-mudvayne

-system of a down

-slipknot

Oh well. @loll@

Prety much everything I like is on this list now. @grumpy@

-disturbed

-mudvayne

-system of a down

-slipknot

Oh well. @loll@

Disturbed - Dan Donegan is one of the lamest guitarists and I hate Draimans chimp screams. The opening of "Down with the sickness" sounds like a chimp on acid and he sounds like hes choking on a big fat .... in between the chimp screams. I was unfortunate enough to get a free copy of Down with the Sickness by a friend that worked in a music store and I literally laughed my ass off because the disc was that bad. I haven't laughed that hard since I heard Load from Metallica.

Mudvayne - I thought LD 50 was good (I have it on CD) but I didn't care for their last one and their current one.

System of a Down - I honestly like them. I haven't picked up Mesmerize yet but probably will. Each time they've blew through Minneapolis I've had a chance to meet and hang out with them. Shavo's a really cool dude and I've been fortunate enough to take a couple of tokes off his bong.

Slipknot - I still like their first disc. It was a brand of Nu-Metal that was a bit more "extreme". Their second disc, tried to hard to be a grindcore/deathcore band but failed. Their recent disc: commercial metal at its worse. With the exception of a one song, the disc is a total disappointment.

Come on CHA, god knows I express my discontent for crap on these boards, but never do I bash anything this bad (exept John Cena)

Disturbed is a great modern rock band. Load is a great album. There is no need to hate a band as soon as the expand on thier sound, same goes for Slipknot. they have broadened so much as musicans and writers. vol 3 is a fantastic album.

Disturbed is a great modern rock band. Load is a great album. There is no need to hate a band as soon as the expand on thier sound, same goes for Slipknot. they have broadened so much as musicans and writers. vol 3 is a fantastic album.

I agree with you on Disturbed and Metallica.

Even though people might not admit it, or even realize it, but I think one of the biggest things that turns people off a band like Metallica is just getting TOO popular. A lot of metal fans seem to pride themselves on the fact that their favorite bands aren't bigtime mainstream groups so once they become big hits they are no longer seen as being "a good band" simply because it's not cool for some people to like what's considered popular.

Now I will say that Load and Re-Load did have some crappy songs, but at the same time they also have a bunch of songs that would be considered classics if they were on any of their earlier albums.

Another thing people always throw up is the term "sell outs." Just because a group tries to expand it's horizons beyond what is acceptable for the hardcore fans doesn't mean that they're sell outs! If Metallica kept playing the exact same style of music as their first 4 albums then in all likelyhood they would have gone the way of most of the other 80's bands....which is into complete obscurity.

In the history of rock there are very few bands who have been around as long as Metallica has that haven't changed their sound over time which met with big backlashes from their hardcore fans. Just because some people don't like their more recent works shouldn't change the way they felt about the bands music that they DID like. It's fine if someone doesn't like their newer stuff but they should at least respect all that they've accomplished, especially in the genre of heavy metal which has struggled to gain much noteworthy attention for so long compared to other genre's of music.