Bands You're Always Hated

HPZ

Pretty straight forward, bands that you just don't understand why people like them, I want good reasons to.

1.Metallica - I've never liked them, even when I was into metal I didn't like them, everyone I know pretty much likes Metallica but it just makes me cringe.

2. Linkin Park - The first time I heard this band was when their first single came out, whatever that was. It almost made me lose faith in music. The cult following around this band gives me the creeps. Kids try to be edgey and unique by listening to something that "really speaks to them". Of course it speaks to them, music like this is DESIGNED to appeal to angsty teens with minor authority problems. Kids that follow this band also buy Anarchy T-shirts from Hot Topic, paying the government tax, therefore negating the point of displaying an Anarchist symbol. I would actually beat up members of this band if need be.

3.Slipknot - See Linkin Park

4. Mudvayne/Creed/Nickleback - They're all basically the same band, and they're all enough to make me want to puke. Members of all these bands need haircuts bad.

5. Evanesscance (sp?) - First heard this band on the Daredevil soundtrack, almost ruined the movie for me. They seem like a band that tries to sound deep and meaningful but are just shallow and prey on people's feelings, way to be a social vampire Amy Lee. Granted she has a really good voice.

6. Earth Crisis - Big one here for me, really big. I love Hardcore, I love a lot of the bands from the 90's that were on Victory Records (Hatebreed, Blood For Blood etc) but I've never, ever been able to get into Earth Crisis. I'm young enough that I missed the part where they actually broke into semi-mainstream culture and made Hardcore really big. Listening to them they've always seemed cheesy, plus I can't stand Karl Buechner.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ears bleed every time I hear these bands to a point where I just want to jam a blunt machete into my ear to make the bleeding stop:

Nirvana

RATM

Audioslave

Disturbed

Pearl Jam

Metallica (post ...and Justice)

STP

EMO bands

Straightedge bands (cept for Strife)

Evfernesecne (or however you spell their name)

Any thing by Tommy Lee post Crue

Anyone that is affiliated w/Bad Boy and P. Diddy

Black metal bands that look like Crow rejects

Pop diva trash bags

And I'll probably get @stoned@ for this but anything with the Beatles. You ask me, the only good band to come out of England wasn't the Beatles but IRON F'ING MAIDEN

It's Evanescence guys and they ain't that bad...

Its all a matter of taste really. Thats why there are all these different genres.

I don't like these:

- Maroon 5

- Finger 11

- Simple Plan

- Bif Naked

There are more...

Don't knock the edge.

handpic.jpg

@smilepunch@

Anyways, I don't mind if you're straightedge and thats your belief, but when you start pushing your "straightedge" values on me, is where I draw the line.

My band and a lot of the metal bands here in the Twin Cities hated playing with straightedgers cause their asses would always try to start crap with us. One of them dudes started crap with my bassist got all hell broke loose.

Pretty straight forward, bands that you just don't understand why people like them, I want good reasons to.

1.Metallica - I've never liked them, even when I was into metal I didn't like them, everyone I know pretty much likes Metallica but it just makes me cringe.

2. Linkin Park - The first time I heard this band was when their first single came out, whatever that was. It almost made me lose faith in music. The cult following around this band gives me the creeps. Kids try to be edgey and unique by listening to something that "really speaks to them". Of course it speaks to them, music like this is DESIGNED to appeal to angsty teens with minor authority problems. Kids that follow this band also buy Anarchy T-shirts from Hot Topic, paying the government tax, therefore negating the point of displaying an Anarchist symbol. I would actually beat up members of this band if need be.

4. Mudvayne/Creed/Nickleback - They're all basically the same band, and they're all enough to make me want to puke. Members of all these bands need haircuts bad.

5. Evanesscance (sp?) - First heard this band on the Daredevil soundtrack, almost ruined the movie for me. They seem like a band that tries to sound deep and meaningful but are just shallow and prey on people's feelings, way to be a social vampire Amy Lee. Granted she has a really good voice.

6. Earth Crisis - Big one here for me, really big. I love Hardcore, I love a lot of the bands from the 90's that were on Victory Records (Hatebreed, Blood For Blood etc) but I've never, ever been able to get into Earth Crisis. I'm young enough that I missed the part where they actually broke into semi-mainstream culture and made Hardcore really big. Listening to them they've always seemed cheesy, plus I can't stand Karl Buechner.

I agree with every one of the bands you listed. I used to love Metallica, but since St. Anger and their little Some Kind of Monster movie, I haven't been able to listen to them.

Don't knock the edge.

handpic.jpg

@smilepunch@

Anyways, I don't mind if you're straightedge and thats your belief, but when you start pushing your "straightedge" values on me, is where I draw the line.

My band and a lot of the metal bands here in the Twin Cities hated playing with straightedgers cause their asses would always try to start crap with us. One of them dudes started crap with my bassist got all hell broke loose.

Haha its ok dude. I completely understand, I know a lot of people, especially in big cities take it too far, and become very violent and militant over it. In Nevada now, claiming edge is the equivelant of gang status, scary stuff. People forget how important it is to let other people lead the life they want to.

Green Day- I'm not too fond of punk rock...and they just scream it, they're followers kind of upset me because they tryr to be edgy and stuff and it just seems so teen drama OC crap.

Slipknot- Don't like the music, the followers are kind of scary...

Linkin Park- Never have and never will like this band, too much punk rock trying to be cool screaming.

Those are the only ones I have major problems with, I apologize if I offended anyone who likes these bands but I personally cannot stand them, these days people consider Green Day to be in the Metal/Hard Rock genre of music, when it is obviously Punk. Now I know that they have done wonders for punk and stuff but I just dont like them, and nothing can really persuade me to like them.

-Nuff Said

Haha its ok dude. I completely understand, I know a lot of people, especially in big cities take it too far, and become very violent and militant over it. In Nevada now, claiming edge is the equivelant of gang status, scary stuff. People forget how important it is to let other people lead the life they want to.

Just so you know, I wasn't pointing fingers at you. I meant "straightedgers" in general not YOU personally pointing YOUR beliefs on me.

I shoulda worded as "I don't mind if one is into straightedge and their beliefs but when their beliefs is forced upon me is where I draw the line..."

Green Day- I'm not too fond of punk rock...and they just scream it, they're followers kind of upset me because they tryr to be edgy and stuff and it just seems so teen drama OC crap.

Green Day used to be an amazing band, then they added a second guitarist and starting make epic MTV friendly ballads.

My soul weeps.

I hate Guns n' Roses.

I really, REALLY HATE Nivana.

System of a Down really annoys the hell out of me.

I also hate any rap or hip hop "artist" (and I use the term loosely!)

Green Day...Never liked.

Anything that has anything to do American Idol. Proof positive that the tv and record industry can pretty much polish any kind of turd and make people like it.

I'm sure I'll think of few more later, but those are the worst that I can think of right now.

I also hate crap bands like Three Day Grace, Crossfade, Creed, Alter Bridge or any band in that genre.

Oh yeah blur and Oasis also make me wish I was deaf.

Mr. Bungle, Faith No More or anything Mike Patton has done

You don't know how much I hate Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk.

Adding more to my hate list:

Mindless Self Indulgence

All them current bands that start with THE: Strokes, Killers, White Stripes

TOOL and its twin APC

Now I am a big Nirvana fan, but I just really resent how they are known as the kings of seattle rock when bands like soundgarden, alice in chains and pearl jam kick thier ass in every possible fashion.

good charlotte

and pretty much every band that's gone on a late night talk show.. they all suck and are just guitar mashers

Some bands I've seen on late night talk shows this year.

Audioslave on Jimmy Kimmel

Velvet Revolver on Jay Leno

Tears for Fears on Conan o Brian

Green Day on Letterman

And ome on man, how do you think newcomers get mainstream notice? I do agree with you on Good Charlotte though. AND Simple plan and everything else in that genre.

MAN CHA youv'e listed several of my favorites in your despise list. I know you are a rap fan, but if you have a metal band, What kind of rock music do you actually like?

MAN CHA youv'e listed several of my favorites in your despise list. I know you are a rap fan, but if you have a metal band, What kind of rock music do you actually like?

You got me all wrong there.

First and foremost I am and will always be a die hard metal fan and NYC/NE hardcore fan. I bleed metal, always have and always will. Back in 85 when I was in 5th grade, one of my buddies showed me this g64533x9hct.jpg and said take a listen. I did and right then and there, I knew I could never listen to anything else.

But in addition to the metal, I do have a "grown up" taste in music also. It may be shocking but I'm addicted to early Motown and old school R/B. Rap is just something in the middle for me and only listen to it whenever I'm in the mood.

Mr. Bungle, Faith No More or anything Mike Patton has done

You don't know how much I hate Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk.

Adding more to my hate list:

All them current bands that start with THE: Strokes, Killers, White Stripes

Oh man, i forgot about all those. I hate that genre (i feel bad even calling it a genre) of music. I would also like to add The Darkness, The Hives, and The Blood Brothers. I am sure there are more.

Linkin Park. I would actually beat up members of this band if need be.

Dude no offense, but judging by the (many) pics of you that you posted in another thread a while back, I find it hard to believe that you could actually beat up any of the members of those bands.