Jedi Vs Sith

Guest jedisarlaac

Guest jedisarlaac

I got this set today at my local Newburgh Walmart and I like it, however.... the following things bugged me

THERE ARE NO SITH

Ventress is NOT really a sith, not even an apprentice just a wannabe Jedi drop out with an axe to grind..... though this figure is pretty good and not a simple re-release.

Grievous is NOT a sith.... a bit rubbery though

Ok, the Jedi....

Yoday, I get it, but he seems out of place in this set plus they used one of the worst possible Yoda's sculpts ever.

Obi Wan with the Clone Armor.. possibly the brightest spot in the set, I like the armor, it works better on the Obi-Pilot though...

Anakin, ok, the face is girly, the arms look like those CPR dummies and the poseability is less then stellar, but the battle ravaged look from the clone wars cartoon confrontation with Ventress is a bonus

My gripes aside, I do like the set, I am more looking forward to the Sith Evolution and Clone Evolution packs.

** one note on the durability, or lack thereof, it seems the paint apps are cheap and rub off easily, so display not play it

I got it for the Obi and Ventress... I had a 2 clone wars ones(one opened and one loose) and as soon as I saw these were coming out, I sold them so I could get this one... besides the name, I think it's a pretty good set(though... I do hate the cut elbows too and that ugly yoda).

I missed the first Ventress figure, so I picked it up for her and the Obi-Wan with clonetrooper armor. I hope Hasbro does a super-articulated version of each of these two figures at some point down the line (with the Obi-Wan having sculpted clonetrooper armor and only a removable helmet), but I doubt we'll see them any time within the next two years. :(

yeah the set isnt all that great, but got it anyways

didnt mean to post.

Edited by fred

Having three kids, a house, two cars and lots of bills cuts into my toy $$

Solution:

Divorce

Sell House, move to Apt.

Sell Cars, ride bus

Don't pay bills, declare bankrupcy....

YOu will have lots of money for toys at the end! :P

Not impressed. Do not like having to buy another Grievous, a girly Anakin, and a poor version of Yoda just to get two new figures. If only collector's sets contained all new figures or if they were to sell them individually. As it is, I can do without them at MSRP. ;)