Alternators Swerve

Dark_Lord_Prime

I can't stand that fugly gold paint job, so I'm repainting it to chrome-silver.

Chest, hip-guards, thighs, hands, most of head and missiles are done and drying.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna do his shoulders. I really don't feel like going through the relatively massive effort involved in taking those things apart--I've done it twice for my Road Rage custom, and it is a #$##.

At the same time, I really don't think my hands are near steady enough to paint 'em while they're on the body. Unfortunately, that's probably what I'll end up doing--just straight painting the shoulder bits chrome-silver, then re-doing the gloss-black apps.

Owell... pics when he's dry and reassembled.

I thought chrome paint was only available in spray?

It's Model Master "Chrome Silver". It's basically silver, but with a brighter finish.

All parts are done. Bot is back together. I even completed the red bits on his helmet, 'cause they just looked half done to me.

Pictures later tonight.

looks good

Now that looks buy-able! Unlike htat pos hasbro put out... oh well... bt yellow, blue tracks & ravage is enough for me HEH!

JJ are you slowly workn you're way into becoming a tf fan or sometihng?:) If so pop on over to mets & play with some of his! :D

@loll@

MUCH better. I still wouldn't buy it though. Just because Swerve was such an obscure character.

Looks like the head still needs a bit of work mind. Silver needs another coat by the looks of it. And he could do with some blue eyes, they just don't stand out enough at the minute

MUCH better. I still wouldn't buy it though. Just because Swerve was such an obscure character.

Looks like the head still needs a bit of work mind. Silver needs another coat by the looks of it. And he could do with some blue eyes, they just don't stand out enough at the minute

Well, I could paint his eyes blue, but that's a visor. ;)

Whatever @smilepunch@

Also just noticed, there's still some mustard visible inside his shoulder rockets

Whatever @smilepunch@

Also just noticed, there's still some mustard visible inside his shoulder rockets

Yeah, I hadn't bothered to paint in there, but I just finished my touch-ups, and covered that, too. :)

Your paint job sucks!!

***But then again thats only my opinion and it doesn't entirely represent the the views and opinions of other members of this board ;)

Arnold

Your paint job sucks!!

***But then again thats only my opinion and  it doesn't entirely represent the the views and opinions of other members of this board  ;)

Arnold

Yep. It's just the (totally unbiased, I'm sure) opinion of a whiney ass that doesn't like the fact that he didn't get the unswerving adulation he wanted for bringing week-old news to the board.

Grow up, kiddo. And knock off your "crusade" against me before it starts, unless you'd like to be reported to the mods for being an ass. :)

checkmate kiddo. @loll@ Your gestapo tactics dont work on me my friend..

And what are the mods going to say? Im just expressing my opinion just like you. Is that against the rules?

Who's getting bent out of shape now just because I expressed my views about your paint job. You grow up you over grown boyscout.

and I love you too!! @luv@

geez.. you have no idea what a B!#CH it is trying to paint over gold with silver. I'm going crosseyed trying to get complete coverage, 'cause they're BOTH reflective.

I thought I was done with the touch up I just finished, but then I stood him back on the desk and the lighting revealed a bit on his thigh that I missed AGAIN.

Owell.. MOST of it is done. I re-coated his head (silver AND red bits), and it looks a lot better. I -think- I've got all of the shoulder parts now, except the elbow ball, which I'm not painting, 'cause it would just rub right back off--now I've gotta go back and re-do the black bits, 'cause I mucked 'em up a little.

Other than that, and the bit on his left thigh I managed to miss 3 friggin' times ( @grumpy@ ), he is finis! ^_^

oookaaaaay...

anyway back on topic... the correct procedure for painting over light or other metallic surfaces is to put a layer of Matt Red (for gold) and a layer of matte black (for silver) as color concealer and a base coat. And please do try to use acrylic paints.

And please do try to use acrylic paints.

... if you wish to completely ruin it. Acrylic is too watery and dries too quick (starts to drag if you re-brush over the same area). Enamel works wonders. Especially on metal parts.

So DLP. Have you done the "visor" blue ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would approve of this as it IS nice looking, but it has been enough of a haggle finding a Swerve, much less changing one from OEM specs (I'm squeamish about those sorts of things!). @hmmm@ Very nice, but does not stand out. The gold made him vibrant. The silver makes him look a bit dead... it's hard to describe. At least on the face. And besides the gold distinguished him from either Tracks (dark silver) or Ravage (silver). It's a good look, but I guess I have to justify not changing him! :P