Steve Sansweet Changes Story........

KENNY GUIDO

does everyone recall that the upcoming tv show were to take place between E3 & E4? It was also supposed to be based upon Luke Skywalker as a child/young adult?

well, looks like things have changed. here is an exerpt from Steve Sansweet:

You mentioned the Expanded Universe, with the popularity things like NJO (New Jedi Order) and the like, is this where the television shows will be going?

No, the TV shows will take place between Episodes II and III and deals with the period of the Clone Wars. What’s happening on other planets, politics and skullduggery and such. I think it’s going to be very much an action show, but with a good chance in a 30-minute show there will be story arcs and characterization that will fill in a period that has been talked about for so long and have only seen a little bit of. The micro series did a lot to spark interest in that area, but we will continue in a somewhat different yet exciting fashion of television.

Well they always have been saying that the new cartoon series will focus on the Clone Wars, so it's really no surprise it'll be between Episodes 2 and 3... It's too bad about the live-action one, though, if it's true.

Yeah wouldn't this be just like the Animated Clone Wars then?

I'd love more animaited clonewars based off anything, theres sooo much they could do....

I think vader hunting down the jedi & taking controll over the galaxy would be quite cool to see clone wars style...

does everyone recall that the upcoming tv show were to take place between E3 & E4? It was also supposed to be based upon Luke Skywalker as a child/young adult?

You mentioned the Expanded Universe, with the popularity things like NJO (New Jedi Order) and the like, is this where the television shows will be going?

No, the TV shows will take place between Episodes II and III and deals with the period of the Clone Wars. What’s happening on other planets, politics and skullduggery and such. I think it’s going to be very much an action show, but with a good chance in a 30-minute show there will be story arcs and characterization that will fill in a period that has been talked about for so long and have only seen a little bit of. The micro series did a lot to spark interest in that area, but we will continue in a somewhat different yet exciting fashion of television.

Kenny GL said himself that there were going to be two things in the works for TV one animated taking place between II and III dealing with the clone wars and then a live action show that takes place between III and IV.

I don't know what this guy is talking about but I do know GL said there were two shows and they would be out in a year from now.

Kenny GL said himself that there were going to be two things in the works for TV one animated taking place between II and III dealing with the clone wars and then a live action show that takes place between III and IV.

I don't know what this guy is talking about but I do know GL said there were two shows and they would be out in a year from now.

I know George said it but that was months ago. Could it be that things have changed since then? Im hoping not because I am more interested in seeing things happen between E3 & E4.

Someone had said he was referring to the cartoons but he desribes the shows as "action shows" and I dont ever remember calling a cartoon other than what it is......"a cartoon".

I hope that someone from Lucases camp can clear this up. I dont know why they chose Steve as thier spokesman. I never liked the guy.

you know Lucus himself said what the live action show was gong to focus on when he was on 60 minutes.

in case you all forgot the main character he focuses on is BOBA FETT.

He made it quite clear on that this was what the show was going to be about.

I don't know this other guy is but I going with what ever Lucas him self said on national T.V.

how about the rest of you?!?!

I know George said it but that was months ago. Could it be that things have changed since then? Im hoping not because I am more interested in seeing things happen between E3 & E4.

Someone had said he was referring to the cartoons but he desribes the shows as "action shows" and I dont ever remember calling a cartoon other than what it is......"a cartoon".

I hope that someone from Lucases camp can clear this up. I dont know why they chose Steve as thier spokesman. I never liked the guy.

Kenny many people that represent a company make mistakes when doing a press conference. Just look at Donald Rumsfeld. He is constantly being corrected in the Media. even the president has had to correct some of his statements. I think this guy is talking about only one show.

Be honest why do two shows about the same thing, it doesn't make any sence. Untill I hear George Lucas say it with his own lips I think this Steve Sansweet guy just made an error. Remember Steve Sansweet is a spokesperson for Lucas He isn't the final word only George Lucas has that right as this is his baby and has been since day one.

but he didn't say, live action show @smilepunch@ so there could still be some action in the cartoon..

I honestly think he's refering to the animated show, lucas said that it'd be continued somewhat from the clone wars, cause it did so well, and in this quote, he even says:

"The micro series did a lot to spark interest in that area, but we will continue in a somewhat different yet exciting fashion of television."

the micro series is the clone wars...

who know, maybe the quy who quoted him(not Kenny) maybe he messed up and put "II & III" and meant "III & IV"

I just hope it's not a series like Battleship Galactica etc... I get bored too easily, specially when they talk a lot of nonsense... :P

This was discussed at Wizard World Chicago.

The 30 minute show will be animated, probably CG with an anime style. It will continue the Clone Wars.

The other show will be one hour long, live-action, take place between E3 and E4, and will deal with minor characters. I have never seen or read of anyone 'official' saying it would be about a young Luke, and really, how much could you do with a young Luke considered he's never been off-planet, doesn't know much about Ben, and can't be allowed to interact too much with the Empire and possibly draw Vader's attention. Plans for this series are in the very minimal stage, since the focus right now is on the animated series, and it probably won't be released until 2007 at the earliest.

He's talking about an action show half an hour long set in the Clone wars. Seems pretty specifically about the cartoon. Only reason we have to think it might mean both is because he's quoted as saying "showS" which could just be a typo. Or maybe he has a lisp.