Crimson Shadow Guard

GILTYONE

I just picked up 6 sets (a case) at my local tru. Well first off wit the weapons, it was a good idea that took a small wrong turn. Aside from the "NINJA" weapons these crimson guards are HOT! They come with ninja weapons like swords, arrows, crossbows and a fightin claw. This problem is easy to fix wit some repro weapons (JFAK075 has the guns in stock) or just the extra we have lyin around! The black works well for these troops too. I can see these guys as the night watch outside the terror dome! I give this set thumbs up! Kinda makes up for the heavy assault squad!

I like the set too and of coarse there is always going to be complaining about everything they put out. The ninja weapons are a little weird but I really like the figures and the re paint, they should of came with guns, but they did not, ohh well.

Here you go Gil, a little bit of a view.....

So everyone has been all up in arms about the new Crimson Shadow guard. One camp, which seems to be the majority, talks about how they are soooo upset about how this set should not have the word CRIMSON in it's title. Well you know what, I don't care, because since the day I saw this set at the convention I fell in love.

First thigs first. Throw out the damn weapons from the pack and forget they were even packaged together........ Ok now, read on...

First let me say that I have been very unhappy with every crimson guard figure that Hasbro has made since they started trying to remake them. (This does not include the DTC verson). Until now. I always had a problem with the Helmets and I think it was because I wanted so badly for my figures to stand next to the original Crimson Guard and look dead on but the Crimson Shadow Guard fixes that, because now we have a figure that stands well all on it's own. My other gripe was that the right arm could never be brought fully vertical the the figures torso, (Ok so they didn't fix that) but hey I'm willing the deal because this is a great figure.

shadowguard1.jpg

Sleek does not even do this figure justice. They are mean and lethal, cold and calculating. I have already bought two packs and have four more on the way, a great troop builder. I don't see this as a seperate unit from the Crimson Guard, but more as a uniform that is worn by it's members when the dark motif is benificial to their surroundings.

shadowguard2.jpg

I'd actually be willing to say that this may be the best six pack since the Infantry packs. I can assure you that these guys will be seeing some action in my current DIO.

shadowguard3.jpg

The colors are black and gold with silver highlights, they stand next to the other Crimson guard and look very nice together. The helmets are no where near as bad as the Crimson Brigade Helmets, these look much more sleek and trim.

I can assure you that these guys will be seeing some action in my current DIO. 

I was Hoping you would say that! @yipee@ @yipee@ @yipee@ @yipee@

My other gripe was that the right arm could never be brought fully vertical the the figures torso

I removed a small piece of plastic off the ridge underneath the arm with a razor. Both arms now fall perfectly ;)

Guest A-MAN

I compared OCS, Faces and the Crimson Guard 6 packs helmets, they all appear to be the same thing...I don't get the supposed improvements that people see (Faces had a bigger head, so the helmet fit poorer). I assume that Shadow Guard look better because all black has a slimming effect visually.

The 1992 Duke arm thing bugs me for the reason ViolentFx mentions. And how exactly can they put short sleeves on CG's and Snow Job's shoulders, but keep giving Duke v1 non-rolled up sleeves? Baffling. Should've used the entire Shockwave V2 arm on these CG's. Surgery would fix the arm thing, but technically devalue the figure. I stopped correcting my 2002 Viper necks for that reason...and because I'd goof and make them too loose. @smilepunch@

Now if I could find this pack... soooo many Imp. Processions and Winter ops sets on pegs here.

I don't even care about having too many elite troopers. Sure it makes an unbalanced army. But I mean, if I'd had dozens of CG's back in 1986-87, I'd have been happy. Besides, Cobra's leaders often are unbalanced... I've always suspected CC creates new divisions on a whim.

i love this six pack! the weapons suck, so i'll give them to my ninja trooper armies. this 6pack is a better value than the crimson guard 6 pack that came with firefly and tomax/xamot. can't wait to get more! once you go black you can't go back! hahahahaha

speaking of the old crimson sets does anyone have an extra Tomax from the set they would trade or sell? I only bought one set and I hate just having a xamot. :)

Phanstar

hi i'm a new gijoe collector and a huge fan of the violentfix's work (who brought me here)

i'm not sure i'm gonna buy this set since i don't think crimson guards should come in black uniform with ninja weapons

hi i'm a new gijoe collector and a huge fan of the violentfix's work (who brought me here)

i'm not sure i'm gonna buy this set since i don't think crimson guards should come in black uniform with ninja weapons

Hey man, good to see you made it.

Everyone make sure you this guy feel at home, he's one of my buddies from RebelScum and a very cool guy.

As for the Crimson Guards. I think everyone will see things differently once they see these figures in action...

I agree...love the figures & hate the weapons. I tossed the "swords" and don't even consider them "ninja" figures. Set them all up with Ak47 w/ folding stocks and one with the Dragonov sniper rifle and a "backup" mini AK74 (just in case the squad sniper gets involved in some close quarters combat alongside his fellow team members)....now they are ready for REAL action! If any of you want to equip your figures the same way, just send me an email to get the special "Save the Crimson Shadow Guard" weapon set: 5 Ak47 w/ folding stock, 1 Dragonov Sniper Rifle w/ bipod and 1 AK74 for $4.99 + $1.45 shipping (instead of the regular price of $7.25 + plus $1.45 shipping). The figures are way to cool to go into battle with swords! Just wish there would have been some different skin tones.

All the best!

Marauder_John

Hey man, good to see you made it.

Everyone make sure you this guy feel at home, he's one of my buddies from RebelScum and a very cool guy.

As for the Crimson Guards. I think everyone will see things differently once they see these figures in action...

thanks eric,

i do already feel at home here

great info about the figs