Question About Fx Sabres...

joeblow

They are very well worth the price, anyone who says not hasn't experienced fighting with them out in the pitch dark. They look real. If you want ones with a removable blade parksabers makes them but they start at the $250 up range.

If your thrifty enough you might find the MR fx sabers as cheap as $75 each, and don't buy MR's earlier ones, their quality sucks.

Last I read on the parks sabers site, there's now about an 18 week wait on those custom made sabers too. Gee, you might forget what you ordered by the time it ever shows up.

The drawback to those is that there's no sound effects when you turn it on or off and no sound of clashing when you make contact with something. Plus apparently when you turn it on, it just kind of goes on, it doesn't ride up the tube like the FX ones do. But they are well made from the pics I've seen and the customers swear by them.

HOw strong is the blade? Can you duel with them?

The 'saber makes different clashing sound effects, so you need to "tap" the lightsaber on something to get the sound to work.

As far as dueling, you could lightly bump them together, but no way would I try full strength no holding back dueling.

But man, trust me, the Anakin fx saber just may be the coolest thing I've owned in my 30 years on this rock. The way the sounds are recorded digitally, the way the blade lights up/down when turning on/off, jeez, everytime I turn it on I'm instantly transported back to being 3 years old when Luke kicks it on for the first time.

Of course, it's a matter of opinion, but I think it's worth every single penny of the $120 I paid for it. No doubt in my mind. But, then again, I've wanted one of these things my whole life. Now they make them.

Actually you can bang together pretty good, I wouldn't go full out but you can strike with some decent force.

yup, i went for a few during the day, well, not full strike, but kinda strong, and like 10 of the led lights went off. and MR refuses to fix it. MR sux now imo. i may as well go for a parks saber. its not that MR is bad, they just really pissed me off by not fixing it, ya know.

Actually you can bang together pretty good, I wouldn't go full out but you can strike with some decent force.

yup, i went for a few during the day, well, not full strike, but kinda strong, and like 10 of the led lights went off. and MR refuses to fix it. MR sux now imo. i may as well go for a parks saber. its not that MR is bad, they just really pissed me off by not fixing it, ya know.

Well, it freakin' says don't duel with them on the box. What do you expect?

yup right on the front

then what the hell werethey doing at c III? lol. what do they expect me to do with it. have it sitting on my desk collecting dust? the guy however at the master replicas booth att c III said you can duel with em, so really, theyre contradicting themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey check out my Anakin FX saber in my sig.

I have the Mace Windu saber, and I LOVE it! Highly recommende! I plan on getting the Anakin and Vader ones next! I'm hoping for a Sideous one, and possibly a remake of teh Jedi Luke one. That's my fave, but have heard that the one they originally put out wasn't so great and that they may be remaking it. Let's hope!

I'm hoping for a Sideous one, and possibly a remake of teh Jedi Luke one. That's my fave, but have heard that the one they originally put out wasn't so great and that they may be remaking it. Let's hope!

I might have a few answers for ya Mandalorian,

The ROTJ Luke FX Lightsaber is indeed bieng re-released with the new LED electronics and improved sounds. It will be available exclusively at Borders books stores starting October 4th (that's what the store manager told me anyway) You can call ahead and reserve it and it's priced at 119$

As far as a Sidious FX saber, it was revealed by Steve Dymszo of Master Replicas at Comic Con that for the forseeable future this FX saber would be very difficult to make due to the size of the hilt not bieng big enough to house the electronics, but not to rule it out in the future.

I got a Darth Vader FX Master Replicas light saber for 120 Cdn! Good purchase. Nice conversational piece. Good weight, and very sharp looking. The lights and sound effects are amazing.

Definitely a 5 star product!