American Elite: #2

revsears

Got it yesterday and since i saw no threads on here i thought i'd start one.

The solo mission was great, but Hawk still is out of whack. Even if they didn't figure out that wasn't cc (they had a blip on a lie detector, and lj should have heard some incrimanting lines from "zartan") it makes ti all sad for hawk that it wasn't cc. he is so un hawk like. But anyways back to duke, seeing him go on a solo mission, and still having his spook rank was cool.

No scarlet, no se this ish. Looks like the team is splitting up, the story is feeling really connected so lets hope it pays off.

ss on the joes still good to see. I still have my previous problems with the book (customs, colton, the 8 chosen)

The real problem that got me with this ish, was the letter colum. Lj's death was realistic? funny i remember her being the one barlying escaping the cc switch, getting picked by cc himself to be blackouts first target, and then when there is no reason for them to want flint alive, she shows up and his killed and the red shadows don't really do anything anyways. So osama wants to kill specificly one solider huh? she was targeted for shock value, there was nothing meaningful or real about her death, and to say so is insulting.

Agree with you about Lady Jayes death.

Hawk does not seem right either. He seems to be taking his injury to personal and a little to hard. I'm sure he has seen alot of soldiers injured in combat and he's seen what they have been through so why is he acting so crazy. He is definatly not in a position to lead the team. You'd think he would be getting counseling. Maybe Psyche-Out should have a talk with him.

The Baroness was never on the plane? Why is Wraith with Destro and Destro is not questioning why Wraith is alive and not Baroness then? That does not add up.

The art was not bad but everyone looks like they are in the middle of pinching a loaf. It looks a little too dramatic at times.

I did like the way Flint killed that guy, throwing the knofe through his throat and just standing there watching the guy until he was dead.

The book is still decent enough that I'll pick the next issue up. I still feel like anytime DD will mess it up royaly.

I am enjoying this story and kind of wish this would have been where DD started off at from the beginning..

I'm sticking with the series for a while, so far the three issues we've sen have me interested enough to keep coming back. I'm wondering if there is something more going on with Hawk then we know or have seen. I mean he went from leave me alone to pyscho. The fact that EVERYONE thinks this is Cobra is pretty interesting too. Have they been dealing with such a specific threat for so long that it's all they see anymore? Loved SS in this issue.

On a side note I wasn't really impressed by the preview of the SE mini. Maybe the actual issue will be better, but the few pages we got just weren't enough to hook me on it.

they didnt specifically targer her. She was killed in the heat of the battle. #US1#

are you serious?

Blackout did, she was there when the noks were there and the red shadow chic? She wanted flint a live, but then killed J. and we are never told why the shadows wanted flint alive.

no it wasn't really in the heat of battle, she was clearly targeted, by the bad guys , and the major of those vilians being Josh Blaylock.

#2 was good enough to warrant picking up #3 when it hits. I still don't care for the art though. I think the art for the Snake Eyes: Declassified looks MUCH better.

It really does look better.

I thought Declassified would have really cartoony art and be filled with ninjas but it looks really good. I'd like to see this art on Americas Elite.

does it show about Vietnam?

Yep it did

I really am enjoying this line but do feel it gets a bit dramatic, but right now I'm just waiting to see whats up with SS, and the nut job dropping the satillites. Also, hope to see if CC is still around and kicking

Guest DavAnthony

Based on the last few issues before the re-start, I wasn't holding out much hope for the new title, but I have to say I liked it.

I like the artwork better. It's grittier interesting to look at and seems to go with the stories. I can't stand Shipwrecks new look, but whatever.

The story seemed interesting, but I agree with people on Hawk and Lady Jaye. Hawk doesn't seem to be the same character that we saw before the re-launch. He's just not making any sense to me and it seems to be over the top.

Also I agree about the lack of "realism" in Lady Jaye's death. Surviving the destruciton of a building seems a lot less serious possible then how she died. The more I thought about it after the reading the letter column I just got the feeling that DD wanted to make their mark and that was what they did. To be honest with you I think Lady Jaye was a more interesting character then Scarlet.

I would of prefered the took out Scarlet since her character has always seemed flat and one dimensional to me. I'm really tired of the Snake Eyes love Scarlet storyline. It always seems to be the same thing. They can't sepaarate from one another but their is angst in their being togeather and then they go on separate missions and their is some "drama" involved with them saying good bye.

I would think that at this point the characters would of adjusted to this but everytime it happens it's the same story and I'm pretty bored with it.

But hey that's just one man's opinion

Dave

I am enjoying the Duke storyline that's starting but the issue itself seemed too shot'em all up because we are superhuman soldiers that can dodge bullets (Like the little Storm Shadow stunt)

Flint is bugging me. I understand what they are getting at but the man can take revenge and be really intense without looking like he's gone completly insane like that.

So I guess I'd say good but not great, the jury is still out on Americas Elite, IMO.

Issue #2 and I still haven't made up my mind, Flint is at least a decent interpretation of "generic Anti-hero Good guy", there seems to be a Cassey seems to want to make a big thing of "substute Jedi" with Storm shadow, in particular the "Ninja mind tricks" line really honked me off, And I still can't fathom Why Shipwreck is in the slimed down team at all, but OTOH the general quality is pretty good