Canadian National Comic Expo 2005!

Skips

Sup @can@ Canadians?!

Whos going to the Comic Expo This year? J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI, ERICA DURANCE (Lois Lane!) MARK BAGLEY, GREG LAND, DAVID FINCH will be there!

Heres some info:

Metro Toronto Convention Centre:

255 Front St. W - North Building

Next to the SkyDome and the CN Tower in the heart of Downtown Toronto!

.: Directions:

From the US border at Detroit:

* Take Highway 401 east to Highway 427

* Take Highway 427 south to the Gardiner Expressway

* Take the Gardiner Expressway east to Spadina Avenue

* Proceed north and turn right at Bremner Boulevard for the South Building

* For the North Building, proceed further north on Spadina Avenue to Front Street and turn right

From the US border at Buffalo or Niagara Falls:

* Take the QEW to the Gardiner Expressway and exit at Spadina Avenue

* Turn right at Bremner Boulevard for the South Building

* For the North Building, proceed further north on Spadina Avenue to Front Street and turn right

From US border points adjacent to Eastern Ontario and Quebec:

* Take Highway 401 West to the Don Valley Parkway south

* Follow the Gardiner Expressway to Spadina Avenue and go north

* Turn right at Bremner Boulevard for the South Building

By Air

Pearson International Airport is just twenty minutes away and handles all major national and international carriers. The Airport Express bus drops off and picks up passengers at the North Building of the Convention Centre.

The City Centre Airport, just five minutes from the Centre on the Toronto Islands, specializes in "short-hop" inter-city traffic.

By Train & Bus

Union Station, Toronto's main rail station, is a block away from the Convention Centre, connected by the weather-protected Skywalk. The Bus Terminal is just five minutes away by cab, ten minutes by public transit.

By Public Transit

Streetcars, buses, subways and GO trains provide the city with one of North America's safest and most efficient public transit systems. It connects all parts of Toronto and outlying areas to Union Station, the city's transportation hub. Union Station is accessible from the Centre via the Skywalk, a weather-protected walkway.

More info here:

http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTorontoV2..._Comic_Home.asp

TICKETS:

$39 Deluxe Pass - 3 Days

$20 One Day Pass

$3 off Coupon here -- http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTorontoV2/files/adultcoupon.pdf

I'll probably go on the Friday after work or Saturday bright and early!

Skips

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip, I will DEFINITELY be going this year no matter what. Have you ever went before ? I went last year for the first time and let me tell you it is totally worth it and it's an absoloute blast !!!

5 Conventions in one (Horror, Sci-Fi, Anime, Gaming and Comic), you just can't beat that. It's easily the best convention Canada has to offer.

Bro, if you wait until Saturday to go we could meet up at the con and maybe even have lunch or something if you wanted to. I won't be able to make it Friday but I'll be there all day Saturday for sure.

Last year Oroku Saki went too but we weren't able to have a chance to meet up. Unfortunately he won't be coming this year though :(

I'm going, but i'm not expecting much. The previous years the organizational aspect of this con has been getting worse and worse. Line-ups are usually about 2 hours long just to buy tickets to get in. Once your in the isles are extremely narrow and they charge a small fortune for any drinks or food. Plus this year they're adding a gaming expo to their already crammed comic, sci-fi, horror and whatever else lineup. Since i've been going i've focused my purchases to my comic collecting, but this year i'm taking a huge stab at their toy areas. They have a decent selection of merchants, i'll give them that much.

Sal

I'm going, but i'm not expecting much. The previous years the organizational aspect of this con has been getting worse and worse. Line-ups are usually about 2 hours long just to buy tickets to get in. Once your in the isles are extremely narrow and they charge a small fortune for any drinks or food. Plus this year they're adding a gaming expo to their already crammed comic, sci-fi, horror and whatever else lineup. Since i've been going i've focused my purchases to my comic collecting, but this year i'm taking a huge stab at their toy areas. They have a decent selection of merchants, i'll give them that much.

Sal

Honestly I had no problems with getting in last year, I waited an hour at the most. I was very pleased with everything, I didn't even attempt to eat there, I just walked a few blocks to the Swiss chalet for lunch.

Sal

Honestly I had no problems with getting in last year, I waited an hour at the most. I was very pleased with everything, I didn't even attempt to eat there, I just walked a few blocks to the Swiss chalet for lunch.

Actually, the best place to get food after the con is "Armadillos" across the street from the convention centre. Sky high nachos are the best. Anyhow, i've been attending yearly since the first one, and i think this is number 7 or 8. It started out great, but as the attendance increased over the years, the organizers never compensated with more room. I think this year they may be expanding spacewise, so i hope that clears up any "cramping" problems.

Sal

Sal

Actually, the best place to get food after the con is "Armadillos" across the street from the convention centre. Sky high nachos are the best. Anyhow, i've been attending yearly since the first one, and i think this is number 7 or 8. It started out great, but as the attendance increased over the years, the organizers never compensated with more room. I think this year they may be expanding spacewise, so i hope that clears up any "cramping" problems.

Sal

Thanks for the tip on Armadillo's, I may have to give them a try this year :D

You are definitely right that it did get pretty cramped last year, but as you said they are expanding the space of the venue for this year. They have a floor plan up on the site now and you can definitely tell it's bigger. I'm sure it'll still be pretty cramped though, but crowds don't really bug me that much so I should be fine :)

SUP @can@!

Cool DT! I'll have to arrange with you later when I know how my schedules gonna work out!

salvatore - You are so negative! Its gonna be great! (even though I didn't go last year... ) The year before last was great! I met John Romita Jr!!!

Basara - Which day are you planning to go?

I never went there before, so I would like to know something about toys area. Other than those major toy companies to sell toys, will those comic shops sell toys too? So they just bring what they have in store to there?

Only thing I want now is that Neca Kevin exclusive. What about you guys?

I never went there before, so I would like to know something about toys area. Other than those major toy companies to sell toys, will those comic shops sell toys too? So they just bring what they have in store to there?

Only thing I want now is that Neca Kevin exclusive. What about you guys?

Most of them are Comic Shops. You'll mostly see Silver Snail there among other Vendors from across the GTA. Good deals too!

Don't know about exclusives... mmm

So I've been doing my best to try and find out some info on what exclusives we may be able to get our hands on at the 'Con. I've contacted several of the companies attending the 'Con including UDON and Mezco and although I haven't heard too much back, I do have one tidbit of info from Mezco.

One of Mezco's Forum Moderators was kind of enough to pass along a "rumour" around Mezco that she's heard that the 2005 Summer Convention Exclusive Edward Scissorhands Living Dead Doll may be available in limited supply. You can see a pic of it here: http://www.clubmez.com/preview.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ldd-c05

This by no mean's is official, so just sit tight and I'll see what else I can dig u for you guys. I was told that she would try and find out some more "official" news regarding if any exclusives will be available.

As it stands now this may be a good sign though, I think it will depend how many of the Edward Doll they have left from SDCC and Wizardworld Chicago. Let's cross our fingers :)

Wow 'O' Wow, I hadn't really paid much attention to this years exhibitors until now. I just looked at the exhibitor list for the first time and let me tell you, I am more pumped than ever to go now !

Some of the highlights of the Exhibitors Include:

• Aspen Studios

• Bright Anvil Studios

• Diamond Comic Distributors

• Dreamworks Pictures

• Funimation Entertainment

• Joyride Studios

• Manga Entertainment

• NECA Toys

• Nintendo of America !!!

• Palisades

• UDON

• SMA Distribution

• Warner Brothers

hey any fellow canucks wanna hook me up with any freebies from the show?? I am unable to attend as my triplets are set to be born that wednesday! any help please pm me and let me know :) thanks tons!

Jeff of the North

What Kinda freebies? Like the misc stuff like posters and pins etc?

Too bad DW isn't there anymore, or else there'd be tons of good TF stuff.

Any chance to grab some old ML series at the show?

Yep. Chances are good!

But gotta shop around. Then you risk not finding it again later on. Some prices are reasonable but some are outrageous!

Where there is no recent updates of those exclusive toys?

Actually, I was just going to make a new topic about the exclusives.

I believe there are 3!

- Sin City Kevin

- Muppets

and one more thing I forget...