Dcd Articulation!!!

Moshbot

I would really want some articulation.

I'm not asking DCD to go "ML" but at least with more articulation my figures wont be a row of statues.

These figures are known for great sculpts. Like Mcfarlane, if you add articulation, you take away from the sculpt.

Just for the record, my "row of statues" looks a hell of alot cooler on display than my Marvel Legends.

I think that the biggest problem(besides cost-cutting) is that the American Toy Industry has MUCH to learn about effective(and aesthetic) articulation; Japanese companies have been doing it for years. I love my Marvel Legends(although at times I cringe at some of their joint-machining) and I do agree(although the majority of DC fans would disagree)that DCD could use more articulation(especially at $12-15 a pop) as there are a pleathora of DCD STATUES already being marketed(these are ACTION FIGURES after-all). I truly believe that there is a "happy-medium" that could be met (balance of sculpt and effective articulation) if only they would take a few cues from companies such as MaxFactory, Medicom, Takara, Kaiyodo, etc. Any nay-sayers need only to take a look a MaxFactory's Guyver line as an example; I sincerely doubt that ANYONE can deny their flawless beauty and superior articulation. These are truly the bench-mark of "toys as art" and shame McFarlane, ToyBiz and DCD as a collective.

Just for the record, my "row of statues" looks a hell of alot cooler on display than my Marvel Legends.

So when your family takes a family portrait, do all of the family stand with their arms at their sides with no expression on their faces in a row?

Mine? We like to pose a little differently. Marvel Legends can do that. You can recreate classic comic covers or scenes. You absolutely can't with DC Direct.

I just wish they'd refine their articulation more, adding a few extra points.

And I HATE the wrist joints on their Green Lantern figures, move the joint to where the glove meets the fore-arm, would look a lot better IMO.

A lot of DCD fans, based on the dcd board, dislike articulation.

your sure as hell right man, ive never seen so many people not wanting articulation, but hey ive been hangin out with marvel legends too much nowadays, but im really likeing the articulation on the "best DCD figure ever" superman, i mean, id love for every figure to have AT LEAST WAIST ARTICULATION and really, you have to admit, it gets annoying, and the step ahead with the balljointed heads was JUST SO MUCH better....

but hey, as long as i get batmen...supermen...and cool artist figures, then articulation doesnt worry me as much as Marvel Legends does.

hey another thing, leave the articulation to mattel ;) the more the better! let DCD sculpt thehell out of this stuff, and mattel give us good figures, wide realeased, with articulation

#US1#

McFarlane did a great job on the 10th Anniversary Spawn. Great articulation which doesn´t affect the sculpt.

What i say is dcd can make such cool figs as MA Superman, not heavy packed articulated, but it works.

DCD can be a bit less stupid with their cut joints. Like someone said, they can cut it on the glove, boot, even waist!

Not only does my family not fall over from loose joints but they are proportionally sound. And their shoulders and thighs are not composed of massive balls.

So in other words? Articulation = garbage.

Keep it way DCD, keep it far away...

all i want is double elbows and double knee's, ball joint hip and BETTER ball joint arms....is that too much to ask for??

very much so. No balls welcome.