Suggestions For Next Weapons From Marauder, Inc.?

Marauder_John

For those of you who have been kind enough to try out our custom 1:18 scale weapons, thank you! For those of you who still have not, we look forward to eventually earning your business! As a way to show our fellow Joe fans on the board that this is truly a project "by Joe fans for Joe fans" we invite your suggestions for items to produce in the next wave. As a courtesy, we would like to keep you all in the loop during the selection, planning, prototype & production stages of the next series.

So if there is a particular weapon you would like to see produced, let us know. Post the suggestion and send us an email ( marauderinc@aol.com ) The top suggestions will be added to the development list. Our sculptors are provided reference photos, blueprint drawings and 1/6 scale 3D samples of the desired items for sculpting. Also, if you have a 1:6 scale example of a weapon you desire to see made (and you don't mind donating it) let us know. If we need it for development, we will send you 3 dozen (36) of the final production item AND an early "off color" preproduction test shot of the item. 1:6 scale samples are much more difficult for us to track down than are the reference photos and drawings.

Once again, thanks for your support. It is because your warm reception and acceptance of our project that we are at the point were we're considering expanding the line. Hopefully we can help meet the demands of the 3 3/4" custom figure makers & army builders.

Our website should up and running within the next week, but please feel free to stop by and check out our ebay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Marauder-inc

Thanks!

Marauder_John

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's possible, I'd like to see an MP-5 Navy Model with twinned clips and a sliding butt-stock. Also, you should consider making a universal sling similar to the ones that Chap Mei has done in the past. A real SOCOM combat pistol with silencer and sights would be cool as well.

how about that rifle that the sand viper comes with, I think the original Outback came with one.. is it possible to make one with a folding stock or maybe even one like what was in Aliens Vs Predator where it could be consealed in a suitcase?

My assault rifle suggestion:

HK-G36 http://world.guns.ru/assault/as14-e.htm

FAMAS assault rifle http://world.guns.ru/assault/as21-e.htm

Enfield SA-80: L85A1 and L85A2

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as22-e.htm

Steyr Stg.77 AUG

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as20-e.htm

XM8 http://world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm

As for the submachine gun- I want the HK Mp5 Navy

Handguns- One of the handgun Solid Snake always uses in MGS 1 and 2.

Gonna break out of lurk mode here and suggest the following:

The most interesting ones would those with the most unique sillhouettes.

SOCOM pistol

Skorpion SMG

MAC-10 w/ Suppressor

AK-47/74 w/ M-203 grenade launcher.

F-2000

Laser designators--either the AN/GVS-5 or the AN/TVQ-2

TASERS

Either a M-4 or MP-5 with a drum magazine.

Ammo cans that can fit on the Hasbro GPMG, M-2, Mk-19 and other Heavy MG's

AT-4's and spare TOW rounds/cannisters.

Claymores and other mines.

SEAL version of the M-60

Canadian M-4 version--the C-7/C-8 (IIRC)

Maybe re-cast Hasbro helmets to have NVG's in stowed or delpoyed positions.

A FAMAS sculpt would be very cool... as would an SA-80 (for Big Ben!).

I'm thinking the entire MP5 SMG family is worth doing... Some of those HK rifles would be sweet too, although I'm not too knowledgeable about those.

I also think that, much like you're doing with the AKs, you should do "families" of weapons. For example, we could use the other versions of the Uzi family, such as the Micro Uzi, and different stock/barrel combos, and most certainly the M-16 family of weapons. Your M4 looks great, but we could certainly also use more stock M-16A2/3s (kind of bugs me that all the comic pack figures come with the old version, even if it was supposed to represent the '80s).

I would also suggest branching out to heavier weapons, such as the MG3, M60E3, and M249/Minimi.

And realistic ALICE type backpacks that could fit GI Joes, or backpacks with straps or webbing/vests made of rubber (like the one that comes with the Wave 7 Snake Eyes) would also be amazing...

A FAMAS sculpt would be very cool... as would an SA-80 (for Big Ben!).

I'm thinking the entire MP5 SMG family is worth doing... Some of those HK rifles would be sweet too, although I'm not too knowledgeable about those.

I also think that, much like you're doing with the AKs, you should do "families" of weapons. For example, we could use the other versions of the Uzi family, such as the Micro Uzi, and different stock/barrel combos, and most certainly the M-16 family of weapons. Your M4 looks great, but we could certainly also use more stock M-16A2/3s (kind of bugs me that all the comic pack figures come with the old version, even if it was supposed to represent the '80s).

I would also suggest branching out to heavier weapons, such as the MG3, M60E3, and M249/Minimi.

And realistic ALICE type backpacks that could fit GI Joes, or backpacks with straps or webbing/vests made of rubber (like the one that comes with the Wave 7 Snake Eyes) would also be amazing...

ALICE type backpacks?

Viper Rifles! Or atlest something that looks like one.

Yeah, if Viper Rifles are actually based on a real weapon, that might be cool.

I don't think what John is going to do is start doing RAH weapons though - that's what got the other guy in trouble with Hasbro.

I'm not terribly knowledgeable on various real-world weapons types, (and I'm likely in the minority here) but I'd like to see some outlandish science fiction type weapons. Bizarre guns & backpacks with hoses like something out of Ghostbusters would go great with Laser Vipers. Maybe even a new take on something Psyche-out might use. I definately would like to see original designs.

Oh and a minigun. Definately need a belt fed minigun.

I'd like to see an AR-18/180.:

AR180RightSide.jpg

It's the only gun from 'The Terminator' that doesn't exist in 3-3/4 form yet! (unless that Duke rifle from the Overkill 2-pack is supposed to be one, which I don't think so. I'm using that with my Stormavik as HIS RPD! :D)

Like to see a Steyr TMP as well.:

Steyr_TMP.jpg

A removable silencer might be cool, too.

Do you cast custom weapons? I have a Steyr AUG from a Dollar Tree knockoff figure with a comic-pack M-16 barrel that looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind having a small armory of these.