This Is Pathetic...

Littlebigman

I just got crumplezone and went on transformers.com to look at his unlocked code info. I am appaled *sp* at what they wrote... *his code is VJ40 by the way*

CRUMPLEZONE

Crumplezone is a massive Transformer. He loves to blast things, loves to crush things and LOVES to race as fast as he can all day long and all night long. But what he really loves is hanging out and causing all sorts of trouble with his best buddy Ransack! From putting grease on Overrides wheels, to Giving Clocker an atomic Speed Planet wedgie, Crumplezone is a punk that LOVES to cause trouble wherever he goes!

Really though, Who the Ef writes this stuff? Blech...

I know TF's are supposed to be for kids but that is practically babyish. "Atomic Speed Planet Wedgie?" wtf Transformers is supposed to be a story about good vs. evil, not middle school shananigans.

I think the general idea is for the Decepticons of Speedia/Velocitron to be your stereotypical, almost 50's-like street punks, with a high-school (if not middle-school) mentality and dumb but great at anything related to automotives and drag racing. Not sure how well it works, not having seen Transformers: Cybertron on TV even once... Naturally, the Decepticons of the Jungle planet and Earth planet certainly would have completely different personalities.

Still, I agree there should be far more information per code made available, and certainly larger images to show off concept art, anime renderings, etc.

These aren't exactly meant to be great pieces of literature here, folks (this IS a line intended to be bought by kids y'know). Just neat little bits to flesh out the characters and mythology for the kids and fans, particularly those who don't spend a big amount of time on the message boards.

Really, just step back, and enjoy these quirky things, at least Hasbro is making an effort beyond slapping the codes on the chips and MAYBE putting something up.

Btw, love your analogy on the Speedia Decepticons SideTracker

I know TF's are supposed to be for kids but that is practically babyish. "Atomic Speed Planet Wedgie?" wtf Transformers is supposed to be a story about good vs. evil, not middle school shananigans.

I actually liked it :)

i liked the old info cards better

yeah, plus they were written better. kids are'nt dumb so the toy companies dont need to dumb down or sillify their stories

sillify = the art of sillyfication aka dumbassification, stupify, and lazystoriuswriterus.....and yes I just made that word up :P

FUGAYZIE Posted on Jul 28 2005, 09:28 PM

QUOTE (racer223 @ Jul 28 2005, 08:57 PM)

i liked the old info cards better 

yeah, plus they were written better. kids are'nt dumb so the toy companies dont need to dumb down or sillify their stories

sillify = the art of sillyfication aka dumbassification, stupify, and lazystoriuswriterus.....and yes I just made that word up 

@loll@