Cobra Infantry And Marauder Inc's Weps

Mr Nobody

Since I know I’m not the only one who uses these with his Cobra troops, exactly which ways do you arm your guys? Here’s how I equip mine:

Squad leaders: hardstock AK-47 (along with some head-switches for diversity. I tend to Sharpee the Officers/Scarfaces masks black)

1st type soldier (Basic): hardstock AK-47 (along with Gung-Ho '92/'93 backpacks, because they're so plentiful compared to actual Viper packs)

2nd type soldier: RPG (Sound-Attack RPG modded to resemble Horrorshow’s), wirestock AK-47, GH92 pack again

3rd type soldier: Dragonuv, AK-74 sub, GH92 pack again

Scarface extras: None. I use the Imperial Procession flags instead (I use these guys as my ‘Color Guard’, since the red makes it look sort of like a class-B uniform, in a way. Also with the same head-switches for diversity. Will probably paint those masks red later)

Anyone else do something similar?

P.S.: Anyone needing a bunch of those Infantry pack guns/backpacks? I've got about 30 of each

:rolleyes:

Marauder Inc.?

http://stores.ebay.com/Marauder-inc_W0QQss...storeviewQQtZkm

I just got some last week - AWESOME weapons.

I just use the regular AK-47s for all the Infantry Set guys. I may pick up the M4s for my new CGs, and the wire stock AKs for some of the new sculpt figures, like the new Vipers and Snow Wolves. I'd also like to get the Uzis, but I don't know who would use them yet...

I also outfitted the new Oktober Guard figures with various Soviet Bloc weapons of his (I got the sampler pack as well).

Marauder Inc.?

http://stores.ebay.com/Marauder-inc_W0QQss...storeviewQQtZkm

I just got some last week - AWESOME weapons.

I just use the regular AK-47s for all the Infantry Set guys. I may pick up the M4s for my new CGs, and the wire stock AKs for some of the new sculpt figures, like the new Vipers and Snow Wolves. I'd also like to get the Uzis, but I don't know who would use them yet...

I also outfitted the new Oktober Guard figures with various Soviet Bloc weapons of his (I got the sampler pack as well).

Thanks. Never seen this stuff before, obviously :P

Right now, I'm using BBI stuff (though they don't really have any non-American stuff).

Right now, I'm using BBI stuff (though they don't really have any non-American stuff).

Yeah, I love BBI stuff too, but it's a pain in the ass to get a whole bunch of one thing. And Cobra guys look way better with Soviet Bloc weapons...

I bought some weapons for them just now. I hope it is good that they say it is.

I think you'll love 'em! Which ones did you get, btw?

I bought some uzis, marine gun from Aliens, and 6 each of the ak-47s. Once I get them I might paint the AKs to be more realistic and maybe post some pics of it.

Nice - I like the Marine guns as well. They'd look good on the newer RAH Vipers we've been getting over the years, I think.

I'm hoping this guy starts making HK weapons, too. Those would be sweet...

My "vintage" Cobra soldiers are equipped with M-14s

I equip my squad leaders (scarface) with a colt, AK w/o stock

I equip all my other CIF with the AK-47 with the scope sawed off.

All the AK's I got goes to my Cobra Infantry. The few I have anyway. Since I'm getting so many M-16's from the RAH stuff, I might give the rest of them that rifle too. Anyone left gets BBI MP5's.

It's too bad Hasbro doesn't sell accessories packs like this. I mean, this guy is only charging $5 bucks for 12 weapons, the equivalent of a single carded figure. Since Hasbro has to pay royalty fees to these gun companies anyway, they should do a bunch of variants for all the stuff they arm the Joes and Cobras with anyway. There's tons of variations you can do with the MP5, AK-47/74, M4, and G36. And they know how to do it cause they do have those 12" Weapon Tech packs.

Nice attempt on the M-41A Pulse Rifle (Colonial Marines gun).

It's too bad Hasbro doesn't sell accessories packs like this. I mean, this guy is only charging $5 bucks for 12 weapons, the equivalent of a single carded figure. Since Hasbro has to pay royalty fees to these gun companies anyway, they should do a bunch of variants for all the stuff they arm the Joes and Cobras with anyway. There's tons of variations you can do with the MP5, AK-47/74, M4, and G36. And they know how to do it cause they do have those 12" Weapon Tech packs.

No kidding... this stuff would have sold like nothing else even back in the '80s, except that they made all the accessory pack weapons baby blue and pink... Even as a kid, I thought they looked like utter crap. How hard would it have been just to make them the original colours? Would have been better for us as kids, and better for us as adult collectors too. (Since we wouldn't have as many incomplete figures out there in the market...)

Hasbro's being really cheap when it comes to molding weapons. They seem to constantly use the same damn Baroness rifle for every Viper they produce, and don't get me started on the comic pack weapons (although it is cool to have a bunch of the Colt .45 pistols and M16A1s...).

Nice attempt on the M-41A Pulse Rifle (Colonial Marines gun).

Yeah, I also thought that was very cool. Too bad we don't have any Joe-style Colonial Marines though!