Post Office Catastrophy!

CLAM

Hey guys.. I just wanted to share this with you all.. I recently made a trade with our own Tunnel Rat.

He sent me some nice joes that I have been looking for.. All were near mint and complete.... well, at least until the Postal Service got a hold of them @lol@

I was beginning to wonder what was taking so long since he mailed it when he said he would, but it wasn't coming.. and then yesterday I got a big baggie full of stuff.

Tunnel Rat sent me 4 joes in a bubble mailer, which they tried to run through their sorting machines.. The end result: a ripped to shreds package, missing pieces, broken and beaten joes.

The Post office picked up the pieces (most of them) and threw everything in a large plastic bag. I am thinking they should have been nice enough to put them in some kind of protective package. They should have replaced the bubble mailer or wrapped the items in bubble wrap..

anyways.. here are the pics"

The first thing I notice is this note on the bag.. which makes me say "Oh sh.. crap!"

IMG_0276.jpg

then I open the baggie to get a look at what made it.. everything got banged up pretty good.. the figures all have damage.. some of the gear broke.. some of it went missing in the Postal machines.

IMG_02720.jpg

here is the pic of the bubble mailer he sent.. Look how torn up it is @lol@

IMG_02710.jpg

Anyways.. I know it wasn't Tunnel Rat's fault, and I told him so.. However, being the awesome dude that he is, he has decided to throw something extra in an additional trade for me.

I vouch for Tunnel Rat's trade worthyness, all around great guy.

Ouch,that bites....I wonder what happened to it.Did some worker drop it on the floor and stomp on it or something?

no way man.. look at that envelope in the last pic.. it couldn't get shredded to pieces by stomping on it.

it was obviously some sorting machine that just ripped it up to hell @lol@

Ouch,that bites....I wonder what happened to it.Did some worker drop it on the floor and stomp on it or something?

no way man.. look at that envelope in the last pic.. it couldn't get shredded to pieces by stomping on it.

it was obviously some sorting machine that just ripped it up to hell @lol@

are you so sure?The guy could've stomped on either end and then tried to do the splits and just tore it apart. ;)

Now I'm just being a smart-@$$

Had a similar experience with one of the guys here recently. He bought the uncut Baroness cardback I sold a while back, and I shipped it wrapped in bubble wrap, on a cardboard insert, and them stuffed into a large flat envelope stamped "FRAGILE" and extra postage paid to prevent just such a thing. It arrived just fine, that is until the damn postman folded it in half to fit in the post box. Stupid postman.

Ah man that sucks! I had that happen to me twice years ago. Once as a seller and once as a buyer. Ever since then if I use envelopes I make sure to wrap each fig in bubble wrap and put the weapons in a ziplock bag and do the same thing.

Draven

crap, I just mailed out some stuff in some envelopes, lol...

my brother bought some old marvel comics(SW and Joes I think) and he got them all jammed into his mailbox... so he waited outside by the mail when the mailman was coming and stopped him and chewed him out cause all hte packages were labeled "fragile"... stooopid mailmen...

oh, and I remember when I lived in an apartment, I'd hear the MailLady every day, so I'd wait by the door, sometimes peep through the peephole, and when she left, I'd get my booty...

well, one day I hear a "THUD" I go to inspect and there's like 3 boxes up against my door, I didn't think anything of it.. so I go inside, open my new toys and Im happy... a couple days later.. "thud"... again, some boxes... against the door.. so finally, one day, I'm walking to my door, I see the Mail lady behind me walking, so I power walk inside, turn around and peep through the hole, sure enough, she props open the door with a box, then once inside, looks at me door and launches the boxes down the haul... finally, she gets to the mail boxes.. fills them up and she's having trouble jamming a padded envelope into the box.. I'm opening the door an dmoving my boxes inside... all of a sudden, she peeks around the corner and throws the envelope at my door like a frisbee almost chopping my head off... she had the biggest eyes I've ever seen and was like...

"oh I'm sorry, I didn't here you open the door"

I looked at her picked up my bruised envelope and pointed to the big red stamp FRAGILE

I calle dan dcomplained, but of course, nothing changed, @hmmm@

Man Joe you have the postwoman from hell. I think yu have mentioned her before to me though. @lol@

Draven

yeah, though I dont have to worry about her now, I have a new one at the new place.. well, the guy who delivers the first part of the week is awesome... the guy who does his days off which I think are thursday and friday, lol.. sometimes I dont even get mail on those days... there's been times where I've been sitting on my porch, drinking a 40, and he pulls up puts my mail in my box(by the street) and then drives off.. I go out and check it and there's a little orange-ish "sorry we've missed you" ticket.. BS.. I've complaine dabout him like 20 times already and so has my neighbor who keeps getting my girls gone wild dvds @hmmm@ and I keep getting his Heating & Air weekly... stoopid postal workers...

Man Joe you have the postwoman from hell. I think yu have mentioned her before to me though. @lol@

Draven

yeah, though I dont have to worry about her now, I have a new one at the new place.. well, the guy who delivers the first part of the week is awesome... the guy who does his days off which I think are thursday and friday, lol.. sometimes I dont even get mail on those days... there's been times where I've been sitting on my porch, drinking a 40, and he pulls up puts my mail in my box(by the street) and then drives off.. I go out and check it and there's a little orange-ish "sorry we've missed you" ticket.. BS.. I've complaine dabout him like 20 times already and so has my neighbor who keeps getting my girls gone wild dvds @hmmm@ and I keep getting his Heating & Air weekly... stoopid postal workers...

@lol@

Man you have some crazy IL postal workers. My two here are pretty cool. One is a biker and the other is just a cool guy. @lol@

But hook a brother up with those unwaited mail items........ :unsure: Especially your neighbors! @hmmm@

Draven

you read Heating & air weekly? @loll@

Doesn't everyone? I mean, it's not like it's GGW or anything...

That sucks CLAM... Now come down to Benicia and pick up these MOC figures before I mail them in a padded envelope! (I have Wednesday and Thursday off, get the car fixed yet? :-P)

All in all, I'd say it was a good day. And if you don't want your damaged Airborne, I'll take it! :)

-Kevin

yeah that happened to me once and I got that same nifty note. I sold something on ebay, and the buyer just sent a simple envelope with a MO in it. I got the envelope and the shredded mo just like that. Of course I mailed the buyer their product anyways... Not their fault.

Phanstar

Yeah, that happens once in a while. I remember one auction that was taking forever to come. Then I got that same damned bag along with an empty and useless cardboard envelope and a letter saying the contents of my package were lost and that I could try to reclaim them by sending a description of the contents to one of their reclaimation facilities. That was a waste of time! Two weeks later they simply sent a letter saying 'sorry, no such luck'. I just find it ironic that when my package got shredded that the only thing those nimrods could salvage was the useless packaging exterior. I imagine they probably pocketed the contents and gave them to their kids.

Once when I was trading with LNR18, he somehow managed to ship his package to himself rather than me. @smilepunch@ To this day, I still haven't figured that one out, but we had a good laugh over it.

This is why I don't ship with the USPS. They have gotten to the point where one f-up could make your worst nightmares come true.I always ship UPS, send money via Western Union or PayPal. And USPS wonders why we don't like them.

To each is their own. I have had much worse luck with UPS and Fed Ex than USPS. I have sent a thousand packages since 97 too I had to make a guess. I HATE UPS. @lol@

Draven