Which Tf Toys Will Sky Rocket In Price

obiprime

Im in this for fun, not investment.

So am I, And I find this kind of speculating Fun. Its not like I would actually sell any of my beloved TF's.

This movie will severely effect the fandom for years to come. How exactly Is a matter of speculation.

It isn't so much about the cost of SELLING stuff but BUYING it. I rarely buy older TFs at all because they are so expensive.

I dont' think it's going to be that much of a jump on price at all.

Plus the movie could be like F4 & Batman, they will make their own figures for the movie. So why will older figures go up? I highly doubt it... :P

I could hardly care less if any toy goes up or not. Im in this for fun, not an investment. Buy a savings bond if you want a returm.

I'm pretty sure none of us collect for value purposes, but because we love the line, however we can't take them with us in death so I'd like to think I'll someday get a return on my investment.

It isn't so much about the cost of SELLING stuff but BUYING it.  I rarely buy older TFs at all because they are so expensive.

Thats a very good point. If you think 100$ is too much for the reissued Soundwave just wait until 2007 when its 200$. Evveryone here is so aware of all the recent TF's we take them for granted even complain about the smallest detail. But in 2007 there will be many folks who didnt even Know there were reissues, they never heard of BT's. And many of them will discover what we have been enjoying all along. This increase in demand will increase the price of the rarer items. Its the simple rule of supply and Demand. Also keep in mind there should be a sequel maybe even a trilogy. Which means a sustained period of interest for years after that.

I don't think transformers will go up in general. There's too many factors, i.e. how well the movie does? how many people see it? etc.

exactly. Lets hope it doesnt turn out like VanDams version of Street Fighter.

I beleive this movie is going to ROCK!!! Micheal bay is an Awesome director, Just see bad boys 2 for example. Steven Spielberg also has the Golden touch. Seriously I cant help but get excited about this Movie. And I wont change my mind unless Im proven otherwise when it comes out.

I just won this beaut on ebay 20$'s.

No accessories though.

I plan on gettin them in a part lot.

df_1_b.JPG

nice! :) doesn't look like it is missing too much, just the hands and missles

I just won this beaut on ebay 20$'s.

No accessories though.

I plan on gettin them in a part lot.

df_1_b.JPG

nice! :) doesn't look like it is missing too much, just the hands and missles

ty.

I know i'm goin to try and find a junker one that might have the hands and missles or hopefully a lot I can win. To finish it off..

what if they re-release the original reissues to coincide with the movie

that would be sweet

lower prices and give everyone a chance to get g1 prime

that would be like the millionth time prime and other big names would be reissued...

chances to get a MISB G1 prime since 2001:

Japanese Reissue convoy

Optimus Prime commemorative series 1 Tru reissue

Takara New Years Prime w/action master + matrix

Takara reissue optimus prime w/energon axe and other stuff #0

there were enough of these to go around at the time...which killed the value of G1 prime...

i mean in 1998 a MISB G1 prime would fetch over $1000US...now they are going for like $500US at best...

reissues hurt G1...

the only people hurt are those who paid 1000 for a g1 prime in 1998 @smilepunch@ I think a reissue for prime and company would be a great idea, only mass retail and no more than 14.99 for the deluxes.

Not every body goes to the internet to order figures and TRU prime was HELLA scarce.

G1 prime, jazz, sideswipe, smokescreen, hound, starcream, thundercracker,skywarp in new packaging dropping about a week before the movie(as long as its heavily hyped)=printing money

Prime=19.99

Deluxes=14.99

Planes=17.99

As far as who will skyrocket---depends on the movie

Most of the nostalgia wave are already back in at this point, overall if the movie is good, I would say a 20% spike across the board, with hasbro reissues like prime and starcream going up the most. Also hard to find alts like tracks will go up.

there were tons of primes in my area...a local tru had at least 20-30 of them at one point...

and prime for $19.99??? @loll@

back in the 80's prime cost at least $29.99 at retail depending where you bought him...as price tags on original primes still show...

if they sold prime for that much they would be selling him for less than they did in the 80's...and the prices of anything inflates over time...so i guess in other words they would be losing money

if you want to re-print the heck out of something it just kills the market...just look at what Germany did in the war when they printed money like nuts...the part of collecting that is fun is the hunt...if you can find every TF you wanted anywhere i dont think much people would care/collect anymore...

jmo

Maybe they had plenty of primes up in canada, where you also tripped over energon magnuses and TRU sideswipes, but in the states we were ALOT more likely to find 30 TRU magnuses and NO primes or hotrods than anything else during TRU wave 1.

Like I said before, believe it or not, not EVERYONE goes to the internet for transformers. I got a TRU prime back in 2002, I didnt start surfing toy sites until 2003, so there is plenty of market for this kinda thing. I think many would like to purchase a prime without paying 60-80 for a TRU or 90 to 150 for a japanese reissue of prime. As far as price goes, if they want mass market appeal, prime could cost no more than 24.99

no offense, but you sound kinda like one of those guys that hate the fact reissues even came out at all, because your collection lost value @hmmm@

As far as the hunt goes, it gets old, having to buy something the second you see it, or risk never seeing it again gets old too. If I liked a fig I would buy it no matter how common it is, and most here would agree. The only people that would lose interest are those that like lording rare peices over others.

true. If people are into toys to invest and profit than they are in for the purpose anyway. As far as value, toys generally peak in value around 20-25 years (just like G1 just did a few years ago) and only have a 40-50 year life span. At the 20 year point is when adults kinda start to slow down a bit. Like having kids, family, whatever and they remember what made them happy as kids and many want to try and relive it. Once a generation that collected or had high interest in the toys start to get too old to collect, lose interest, or die off than the "investment factor" is gone. If people want to invest and get rich for their future they should go with stocks and property, not toys.

I'm not saying anyone here is like that, I'm just talking in general

but then there are those antique toys that sell for thousands and thousands of dollars...

and fan base is a big help too...just look at barbie, hot wheels, and star wars...just like transformers those toy lines will never die...