Which Tf Toys Will Sky Rocket In Price

obiprime

When the movie hits theaters in 2007, there will be transformer hysteria. Suddenely many dormant transformer fans will be reawakened to the marvel of transforming robots. Prices will soar as demand is escalated world wide. I predict most G1 reissues will be the first ones to raise in price. With the Most beloved ones like Soundwave, Megatron and Jazz costing even more. But the Alt/BT line will go up as will Cybertron. Key figures such as prime and megatron in various lines will also go up. I know many of you never keep your transformers MISB. I never did either before the ALTS. But everone listen carefully. Now is the time to buy an extra or two of your favorite figures. 2007 will be the golden age of Cybertron and you will be glad you did. So haven said that which figures and which lines are most likely to soar in price after the movie.

I don't see Cybertron as being anymore valuable than Armada is now: ie, a few pricey pieces, but on the whole, quite cheap to get.

What the movie WILL bump prices on will be Alts, BTs, and early Commemerative Releases like Prime, Jazz, and Starscream, along with huge price increases on the original toys.

Just because a movie is released, doesn't mean a long standing increase in back item prices. There will be a jump as speculators snap up stuff, but in a year or two, prices will come back down.

I agree with Corbon. I think it all depends on the the hype for the movie, how well people like it, etc...

If it turns out to be a great movie I can see the prices of some stuff going up. Especially for the characters toys that are in the movie.

what if they re-release the original reissues to coincide with the movie

that would be sweet

lower prices and give everyone a chance to get g1 prime

that would be sweet

that would be like the millionth time prime and other big names would be reissued...

chances to get a MISB G1 prime since 2001:

Japanese Reissue convoy

Optimus Prime commemorative series 1 Tru reissue

Takara New Years Prime w/action master + matrix

Takara reissue optimus prime w/energon axe and other stuff #0

there were enough of these to go around at the time...which killed the value of G1 prime...

i mean in 1998 a MISB G1 prime would fetch over $1000US...now they are going for like $500US at best...

reissues hurt G1...

When the movie hits theaters in 2007, there will be transformer hysteria. Suddenely many dormant transformer fans will be reawakened to the marvel of transforming robots. Prices will soar as demand is escalated world wide.

Dude I didn't know you could predict the future ! :o :o :o

@hmmm@

When the movie hits theaters in 2007, there will be transformer hysteria. Suddenely many dormant transformer fans will be reawakened to the marvel of transforming robots. Prices will soar as demand is escalated world wide.

Dude I didn't know you could predict the future ! :o :o :o

Actually Im a historian, and in the past, movies of this scope increase awareness and demand. Its a simple fact. Now which figures will become more valuable is harder to say and thats the reason for this post. I say the rarer figures such as Alt Tracks and Meister, characters in the movie, and Fan favorites will go up. Im talking MISB of course.

20th anniversary Optimus/ Master Piece Optimus.

that would be sweet

that would be like the millionth time prime and other big names would be reissued...

Japanese Reissue convoy

there were enough of these to go around at the time...which killed the value of G1 prime...

i mean in 1998 a MISB G1 prime would fetch over $1000US...now they are going for like $500US at best...

reissues hurt G1...

the only people hurt are those who paid 1000 for a g1 prime in 1998 @smilepunch@ I think a reissue for prime and company would be a great idea, only mass retail and no more than 14.99 for the deluxes.

Not every body goes to the internet to order figures and TRU prime was HELLA scarce.

G1 prime, jazz, sideswipe, smokescreen, hound, starcream, thundercracker,skywarp in new packaging dropping about a week before the movie(as long as its heavily hyped)=printing money

Prime=19.99

Deluxes=14.99

Planes=17.99

As far as who will skyrocket---depends on the movie

Most of the nostalgia wave are already back in at this point, overall if the movie is good, I would say a 20% spike across the board, with hasbro reissues like prime and starcream going up the most. Also hard to find alts like tracks will go up.

that would be sweet

Well, as it's been said, everyone's had numerous chances to get a G1 Prime. I'd rather the movie garner enough interest for Takara, and maybe Hasbro too, to finish off the Commemorative Series, and give us Sunstreaker, Mirage, the rest of the '84-'86 cars, the rest of the Seekers, and the Dinobots, along with maybe a few extras like Blaster and the rest of the cassettes. That'd be sweet...

Transformers will always go up in value, some more than others mainly because of the case ratio, I mean look at Enrgon Beachcomber who can't even be found on ebay at all, I snagged one early, the store I got mine from had two more that sat there about 5 months until I caved and bought them just to trade/sell. At the end of the day they sold for 70 bucks each.

Depends also on if they do a movie-specific toyline, what characters will appear in the movie (and what alt. modes like Megatron tank instead of Megatron gun) and what toys themselves will be available between now and then. 2 years is a long time AND we are, of course, assuming the movie will actually be made on time (if at all).

that would be sweet

Japanese Reissue convoy

reissues hurt G1...

the only people hurt are those who paid 1000 for a g1 prime in 1998 @smilepunch@ I think a reissue for prime and company would be a great idea, only mass retail and no more than 14.99 for the deluxes.

Not every body goes to the internet to order figures and TRU prime was HELLA scarce.

G1 prime, jazz, sideswipe, smokescreen, hound, starcream, thundercracker,skywarp in new packaging dropping about a week before the movie(as long as its heavily hyped)=printing money

Prime=19.99

Deluxes=14.99

Planes=17.99

As far as who will skyrocket---depends on the movie

Most of the nostalgia wave are already back in at this point, overall if the movie is good, I would say a 20% spike across the board, with hasbro reissues like prime and starcream going up the most. Also hard to find alts like tracks will go up.

there were tons of primes in my area...a local tru had at least 20-30 of them at one point...

and prime for $19.99??? @loll@

back in the 80's prime cost at least $29.99 at retail depending where you bought him...as price tags on original primes still show...

if they sold prime for that much they would be selling him for less than they did in the 80's...and the prices of anything inflates over time...so i guess in other words they would be losing money

if you want to re-print the heck out of something it just kills the market...just look at what Germany did in the war when they printed money like nuts...the part of collecting that is fun is the hunt...if you can find every TF you wanted anywhere i dont think much people would care/collect anymore...

jmo

Im in this for fun, not investment.

So am I, And I find this kind of speculating Fun. Its not like I would actually sell any of my beloved TF's.

This movie will severely effect the fandom for years to come. How exactly Is a matter of speculation.

they will go up when the movie comes out, look at all the power of the force star wars toys. they went up before and during the release of the movie. but the hype has died down and prices will readjust themselves over time.