G.i. Joe 3.75" Line

Toilet_Head

Hey all, I've been gone for a while but there is just one question I have, What's currently going on with the 3.75" figures and comic packs?

I heard Hasbro cancelled the 3.75" line to do Sigma 6, but I'm also hearing that the 3.75" line was brought back due to popular demand.

So is 3.75" still alive or not?

Thanks for your help.

Too much to go into in one post, but I bet you'll find a ton of old topics to look up, that can get you up to speed. ;)

We talk about it constantly!

In a nutshell, Hasbro declared the 12 inch line cancelled and the 3 3/4 inch line on "hiatus." Naturally we all thought that meant the line was cancelled. However, they announced a few months ago that they were bringing the line back and it would be sold online only. We call it the Direct to Consumer line (or DTC). So far it looks like the best place to buy them is direct from the source at HasbroToyShop.com.

For the most part the figures have gotten great reviews. The breakout star of the first wave appears to be Major Barrage. The only vehicle released so far is the Night Ops Humvee, which also gets positive reviews. The comic packs are alive and well. You can find all the current products in the Joe section at HasbroToyShop.com and a preview of wave 2 at GIJoe.com. If you'd like to see pictures of what's to come in the future past waved 2, including some very awesome vehicles, check out the pictures JayC posted from the comic con in our image archives.

Basically, Hasbro announced we were getting a new weekly cartoon this fall. We rejoiced! Then they said small joes were 'on hiatus' this late winter. We were upset. Very upset. Rumors are Wal-Mart would not carry Joes, so they can sell crappy Corps! figures. More rumors were Target and TRU wanted to keep selling them but as store exclusives only. On top of that Hasbro announce they would be making 8" scale anime Joes called Yu-GI Joes (Sigma Six). Again we were not thrilled.

Then Hasbro pulled DTC (Direct to Consumer) out of there butts (to keep the toilet them going). These would be available from a newly created Hasbro webstore and other GI Joe e-tailers like GI JoeHQ, SmallJoes, BBTS, RiansBay CalpedSay OysTay, GI Joe Collector Club, etc.

The first wave of offerings were single carded versions of missing favs. Spirit, Mutt, Major Barrgae, Scrap Iron, Medi-Viper, and Crimson Guard. The cards harken back to the days of yore (IE Old School suckas!)and look great!!!! Aslo in the first wave is a vehicle (Night Ops Humvee w/Rollbar) 2 more comic packs (issue 74 Zartan, Zaranna, and battle armor Fredmander & issue 76 Flint, Hawk, and T-Rat). there is also a troop builder 6 pack of pseudo Stinger Drivers called Cobra Night Watch which goes on sale next week.

At the con we got to see wave 2 due october! Single Carded Footloose, Salvo, Barrell Roll, Major Bludd, Range Viper, and Snow Serpent. comic pack 75 (Buzzer, Ripper, and Thrasher), comic pack 9 (Breaker, Scarlett, and Holo Cobra Commander), and the Devils Due fan choice pack (Hannibal, Cover Girl, Spirit). Also we saw veicles like a new HISS w/red Night Creeper (WTF?!?!), R.O.C.C. w/Long Range, and Rhino w/Cannonball. more 6 packs will be coming too like a BAT 6 pack, Cobra Shadow Guard (black Crimson Gurads...WTF?!?!?), and Heavy Artillary Squad (whose in it? We don't know. Hasbro pulled the sample from teh floor. The card art has Ace and Roadblock. The figures in the box though were Duke, Snake Eyes, ?, and 3 green shirts!!!! BLECH). Going to be a good year for Joe!!!!

Also a side note Amazon posted a list of DOZENS of Joes single card for sale. Apparnetly they erroneously got a list of product coming up in the next 4-5 waves!!! This list came out before the con and had all of teh unannounced wave 2 listed. Also to give you an idea of what we get to look forward to, heres some names I remember. Airtight, Barbecue, Falcon, Low-Light, Stuart 'Outback' Selkirk, Night Viper, and Techno Viper!!! there were some unfamilur names like Crash Cart. Go to the GI Joe section of the news area and you can see pics of the upcoming stuff!

IN other words, Its up to YOU the collector to ration current GIJOE status.

for ex:

Some may feel that this is the best JOE has been,ever...

Some may be ready to leap off their roof...

Its up to your interpretation.

WHERE's THE BASHING IN THAT?

I guess a lot of us are slowly returning to the fold. I've been on Hiatis myself.

Take a look at the new six packs coming out. Lots of troop builders. and the comic packs are pretty nice as well.

The new Crimson Guard is the bomb.

Cmon Viper 575 just give in and feel the love! :)

I feel that its you guys & not me...

I'm keeping it real. What I liked in 82-87 (and beyond) is the same thing that I like now. Time doesn't change that 4 me.

I see it like this:

If you were to pull me out of time from the past(as a kid) & stood me right beside myself now, I would tell you the SAME EXACT THING!!!!!!!

If you showed me those new molds (as a kid) I would not have taken them seriously. Believe me, I know me.

I love ARAH. No flip-flops in my story. I didn't change because It changed. All I can do now is ride hasbro's roller-coaster of joe products & select (in my opinion) what I feel the original team would have made...

If you were to "peep my collection", it would appear that hasbro NEVER LOST FOCUS.

Hope that made things somewhat clearer...

Im just giving you a hard time Viper, I see your point. It has taken me a VERY long time to warm up to these newer figures. Part of it has been me, part of it has been the figures. I wanted to like them back in the Joe vs. Cobra days, but the truth is they stunk. So since I was already pre-inclined to hate the change, and when I bought a few here and there, they all stunk, it made it very difficult for me to start to like them. I still prefer ARAH stuff, but some of these later new sculpts have started to grow on me.

Phanstar

I'm keeping it real. What I liked in 82-87 (and beyond) is the same thing that I like now. Time doesn't change that 4 me.

I agree - those are the best years, by far. But then, every now and then Hasbro releases something like the Wave 7 Snake Eyes or the Wave 6 Snow Wolf which makes me think that new sculpts, as a whole, have the potential to go very far. Hasbro just isn't very consistent on this, though... I'm sorry, but a lot of the new stuff does look like crap. A lot of it is great, but there's just too much of a range...

If you were to "peep my collection", it would appear that hasbro NEVER LOST FOCUS.

Man, let's see it then! Pics!!!

I love old and new sculps.. but one problem I have with some of the people that constantly bash new sculpts, is they act like all the old sculps were like GOLD.. and they weren't.. not all of them, they had their lemmons too, but a lot of people seem to forget that(hey.. at least those guys at the CFB haven't forgotten lol)...

Think about it, if we had the internet back in the days of the old RAH figs, there'd be people complaining about half the figures that came out...

I just wish we could keep the love here for GI Joe as a whole and that's it...

Thanks 4 posting on this topic,Dprime. I was beginning to think that NO ONE felt this way anymore...

No prob, but like I said, I do like some of the new stuff too. I couldn't help but get 8 of the new CGs, and I desperately want about four more Wave 6 Snow Wolves... maybe some new Vipers too. Some of the army builders have been really well done in the most recent waves, and they fit in fine with my RAH Cobras as far as I'm concerned.

One of my favourite figures from the new line is that Mindbender in the lab coat, too, which I have next to my V1 Destro, Baroness, Cobra Commander, Firefly, Major Bludd, and Scrap Iron. Looks fine together, too (although once I get a RAH Mindbender, it'll probably replace him in the display, if only for consistency's sake). And the new Gung Ho, Bombstrike and Major Barrage figures are really sweet too.

For some reason I really don't like the upcoming Snow Serpent, though. I mean, I REALLY like the V1 Snow Serpent, and love the W6 Snow Wolf figure too... I thought they'd go great together, but I'm not digging the accessories at all, and the blue just doens't look good on the white for some reason...

I love old and new sculps.. but one problem I have with some of the people that constantly bash new sculpts, is they act like all the old sculps were like GOLD.. and they weren't.. not all of them, they had their lemmons too, but a lot of people seem to forget that(hey.. at least those guys at the CFB haven't forgotten lol)...

Think about it, if we had the internet back in the days of the old RAH figs, there'd be people complaining about half the figures that came out...

I just wish we could keep the love here for GI Joe as a whole and that's it...

True, but that didn't happen until about 1986, in my mind at least. I don't think there was a single figure prior to then that I didn't like, except maybe Deep Six, for obvious reasons.

Even 1986 was pretty strong. After the movie, though, things got worse and worse.

I think most "RAH fans" are talking about those years more than anything else. I'll be honest - anything that happened after the cartoon was over (Sunbow, I mean) was really hit or miss - much like today. You had some great figures, like Hit and Run, and then you had your Budos, and the Hasbro design team seemed to have an increasing affinity for neon paint.

It's like something happened to Hasbro around the time of the movie, and they never did quite recover...

nah, I disagree, I think some of trhe early ones are horrible now, huge heads, bad paint apps... and I thought this even as a kid, heck I made fun od Scarlett when I was a little kid(I know it's wrong, but I was little), I acted like she was a "special" person in my Joeverse...

I mean, honestly, look at this figure and tell me it doesn't look wrong:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/82/82images/scarlett.shtml

and yeah, before everyone starts basking the new sculpt stuff, get over it, I know there's issues there, that's not my point, so please lets not even start that all up again ;)