Any Collectors Near Or In Kentucky?

Phanstar

Just curious are there any other collectors in or near Lexington kentucky? There has got to be someone from Cincinnati or Louisville or something?

Anyone?

Phanstar

wow according to yahoo maps thats almost 5 hours away...

I once met a guy that lived in Indianapolis that was very into GI Joes. He had a website and sold accessories and such. He hooked me up with a LOT of the accessories I needed to complete my figs... Then one time when I was travelling I stopped by and checked out his collection. Pretty nice but nothing ubelievable. I cant remember his name or anything anymore tho. And he was pretty unhappy with the Joe Vs Cobra changes so I dont even think he collects anymore.

ahh well. I would love to find at least a few people within a few hours driving distance... To either start up a club, or a trading circle, or if nothing else to just hook up and check out each others stuff. Looks like I'm all alone in this cold cold world for now.

Phanstar

Hey where are you in IL? My mom lives in Danville I think which I believe is about 5 hours away.

Phanstar

Indiana here. In two weeks, a group from Indiana and Ohio will be meeting outside of Dayton for a friendly get-together. They are the Johio group I met at the con. The guy who dressed up as Crystal Ball at the con is part of this group. That alone says that it should be fun! :)

cmderinchief- where are you at in indiana? I grew up in Marion and Fort Wayne, and still travel to Indy sometimes...

alright you guys get more active 'round here and maybe we could have some sort of ky joe club. I can travel alot right now (working insane hours) but that should change and eventualy i would love to do it.

A lot of times I just read posts, and dont post my own comments becuase someone else has usually stated them better than I could. But this is the forum Im most active in. Come on there has to be more than 3 Joe fans in KY.

There is an Indiana - Ohio 3.75" group. In fact, we're meeting this Sunday. Also, according to the GI Joe CC, there is a Kentucky - Indiana group, but my guess is that they are more 12" collectors.

I live in Tiline, KY, and work in Paducah, KY. These towns are located in western Kentucky, near the "Land Between the Lakes" area.