Hasbro Dtc It Hurts So Good.

Phanstar

You know when I first heard about the new DTC line of GI Joes I was very happy, but I have to admit, I was also sad that I would no longer get to enjoy the thrill of toy runs. That hunt that takes weeks and then the glory day of walking into that store and seeing the new wave and finding the rare figure you had been waiting for. Its something most of us as toy collectors really enjoy. However I gotta say that DTC is almost even more intense.... Its like, Ive PAID for my joes. I KNOW Im going to get them... but the question is WHEN?!?! I know that one day I am going to come home and there will be a box on my kitchen table, with not just one new GI Joe, but a whole wave of new GI Joes. Could be today.

ITS KILLING ME! But its going to be so fun when its here.

Phanstar

my order only took a week and three days from when i placed it to when i got them at my door. not bad at all.

How long did it take from when they changed your order status to "Fully Shipped." it says allow 7-10 days for deliver from the date it shipped. Is that accurate? or do they sometimes make it sooner?

Phanstar

Ordered: 7/1

Shipped: 7/6

Received: 7/12

That's exactly how mine was as well. Took 12 days from order to at my doorstep.

Hope my 2nd order doesn't take as long now that there isn't a backlog of holiday mail.

Wow!!! 3 days from when it was shipped... I can only hope I get so lucky!!!

Anyways, this really wasnt meant to be another, how long did it take thread, more a comparison of the feelings, of what its like to drive to wal mart, then target, then TRU, and finally clear that corner and see a wave 7 Viper staring you in the face, then walk out with your Bombstrike, Snake Eyes, Viper finally in hand after searching for days or even weeks... To the feeling of hitting the Confirm Order button... Then just having to walk through day to day of life.... Coming home from work each day, wondering will today be the day??? Then finally getting your joes.

Phanstar

Well at first I didn't like the idea of the online only...I liked having my stuff in the the store, I thought it was going to be underproduced and overpriced.

Now that the first offering is up, I have to say I was wrong. I have searched for months and months to try to find Wave 7 Viper and have only found 4 in that time. On the other hand I ordered 4 Crimson Guard with no trouble at all (and didn't have to put up with a Gung Ho) and I just ordered 2 more, and this was all in less then a month. So know I've done a 180 on these and wish other toy compaines would do the same.

DTC is a much different beast than shopping from store to store. I have to say I like the one stop no hassle shopping that DTC provides but I will miss the hunt. Yes there is the occasional Marvel Legend or JLU figure that I will be hunting for in the stores but I will miss the quest for the ever elusive army builder. The Wave 7 Viper I ended up finding 24 of them so that was a fun hunt. But the wave 6 Snowwolf I only ever found 2 of them so that was frustrating. DTC has its advantages and its disadvantages but I am satisfied with it for right now.

I think the best thing about DTC is the fact that WE the collectors are now what is most important. Just like Rama Sha said, You dont have to put up with a Gung Ho to get a viper.

I'm with Nightcreeper on this one. I had a three day turn-around. But I did have to wait an extra day because I was at work when they delivered. So they dropped the package off at my apartments office. Of course the office was closed by the time I got home. Tell me that doesn't suck! The word "breaking and entering" DID come to mind...

Oh man that would drive me crazy!!! I would have lost it!

Phanstar

the first order i got from hasbro took about 2 days to be processed and shipped, then got here in 3 days.....the second order i placed was shipped on the same day i ordered it, and got here the next day.....12 hours later.

its was key

well according to their web site my order was shipped on July 18th, so it looks like there is at least a slight chance it will come today. That would be swell. yes swell indeed.

Phanstar

Another question, what mailing service do they use? US Postal Service? Or UPS? Or what?

Phanstar

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHH

7 to 10 days is SOOOO LONG... IT HURTS IT HURTS!

Phanstar