New Info On Rots Dvd!!!

KENNY GUIDO

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=...=7135&n=1&burl=

Title: Revenge of the Sith

Starring: Ewan McGreggor

Released: 8th November 2005

SRP: $27.95

Further Details

Early details have emerged at Comic Con on Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith which stars Ewan McGreggor and Hayden Christensen. This new two-disc set will be available to own from the 8th November this year, and should retail at around $27.95. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track. Extras will include an audio commentary, a brand new long-form documentary, numerous new mini documentaries that take you behind the scenes of Episode III, and deleted scenes. One of these scenes chronicles the birth of the Rebel Alliance. It takes place in Senator Bail Organa's office, and we meet Senator Mon Mothma, who, as we see in Return of the Jedi, is the leader of the Rebel Alliance. We've attached a couple of screen shots from this brand new scene below. Stay tuned for further details, as we're expecting an official announcement very shortly.

Very cool indeed...

I wonder if we'll see a boxset anytime soon though...

$27.95?

Isn't that a bit much, even for a 2-disc set? Not that I can recally what other dvd's have gone for when they first come out, but I've seen summer blockbusters come out at $17.95 at Wally World.

I'm sure it will be $20 or less at Wal-Mart. I got Episode 1 & 2 there for $15 each. This $28 bucks is more the price that places like FYE and the like will sell if for.

I hope for alot of deleted scenes.

I believe they have said there will be nine deleted scenes.

I hope some of the battle scenes were extended...

I also kind of hope we get the Qui Gonn scene, as part of the actual movie, but I know that's a long shot. They should probably re-record James Earl Jones' famous "nooooooooo!" as well.

I also kind of hope we get the Qui Gonn scene, as part of the actual movie, but I know that's a long shot.

If you go by the screenplay, it was only Qui-Gon's voice and never him in spirit form. As far as I know the voice was never recorded. The part where it would have happened is the part where you see Yoda meditating and then Bail comes in to tell him that Obi is back form the fight with Anakin.

Excellent. All is going as I have foreseen.

If you go buy the screenplay, it was only Qui-Gon's voice and never him in spirit form. As far as I know the voice was never recorded. The part where it would have happened is the part where you see Yoda meditating and then Bail comes in to tell him that Obi is back form the fight with Anakin.

Well man - even easier to add in then!

I hope Lucas takes a page from the LOTR Trilogy and puts the deleted scenes back in the film. History shows that given a regular 2 disc set with deleted scenes for 15 bucks or a 4 disc deluxe set with scenes extended/added back in for 40, people are more apt to pay 40. I understand with TPM and AOTC the deleted scenes really didn't fit. For ROTS is was VERY obvious that alot was shortened/taken out (Kasshykk anyone). Put that stuff back in the film and make it a deluxe set. I'll buy that long before the "theater" cut.

TNI

Episode 3 DVD to be released on Nov. 1

2 disk set

brand-new full-length documentary produced by Lucasfilm Ltd.

Two new featurettes

-one that explores the prophecy of Anakin Skywalker as the Chosen One, the other that looks at the movie's amazing stunts.

A 15-part collection of Lucasfilm's groundbreaking web documentary series, Making Episode III, will also be included in the set.

A two-level playable demo of Star Wars Battlefront II is also included on the DVD.

More details to be announced later.

Lucas confirmed in a recent interveiw with Starlog magazine that the scene with Padme and the beginnings of the Rebellion were going to be inserted back into the movie. I also expected a box set of all 6 films to hit as well. Maybe he wants to take his time with that set? I can't wait until November. I have worn out a certain something in my possession as well. @firedevil@

ROTS and Star Wars Battlefront II the game both out on the sameday will be a great treat for Star Wars fan.

I remember getting AOTC for 10 bucks at TRU as well.The widescreen didn't last long that day.I am hope they will have the same deal with ROTS.Oh,I can't wait.After E1(ugh) and 2(which was pretty good)Revenge Of The Sith is my favorite of the 3.I say,bring em on.

like I wasnt already goign to get it lol

July 25, 2005, 11:07 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES -- "Star Wars" fans might want to set aside Nov. 1 for a reunion with the Skywalker clan. That's when the final installment, "Revenge of the Sith," hits DVD, allowing fans to watch all six movies in George Lucas' epic at home.

"The great news is, it's nearly 30 years in the making, now fans old and new alike can enjoy the entire `Star Wars' saga whenever they want," said Steven Feldstein, senior vice president of marketing for 20th Century Fox home video, which releases the "Star Wars" films.

Lucasfilm Ltd. also announced Monday it will release the franchise's new video game, "Star Wars: Battlefront II," on Nov. 1.

The two-disc set for "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" will include a making-of documentary produced by Lucasfilm; featurettes on the movie's stunts and on Anakin Skywalker -- who transforms into galactic bad guy Darth Vader; and an Internet documentary series featuring 15 segments produced for the Web.

"From the beginning of production, George wanted to be sure we chronicled everything that went into the making of `Episode III' specifically to create an incredible DVD experience," said Jim Ward, vice president of marketing and distribution for Lucasfilm.

The year's top-grossing film with $376 million in domestic revenue, "Revenge of the Sith" completes the transformation of Skywalker from honorable Jedi knight to Vader, the villain of the original three "Star Wars" movies.